PDA

View Full Version : One is never enough..'

RollingThunder
Saturday 5th April 2014, 11:21
Pretty much bought another '98 V70R, this time a black AWD -

109k miles but with a few probs. If I can sort out transport, I'm having it. Will get it in tip top order then move my LPG system over and sell the blue V70R. Still delighted with the blue one but the colour isn't as nice as the black - can get proper cleaning OCD with a black car :)

stribo
Saturday 5th April 2014, 11:23
Very nice, but we currently have 3 Volvos. ;)

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 12:06
Pretty much bought another '98 V70R, this time a black AWD -

109k miles but with a few probs. If I can sort out transport, I'm having it. Will get it in tip top order then move my LPG system over and sell the blue V70R. Still delighted with the blue one but the colour isn't as nice as the black - can get proper cleaning OCD with a black car :)

Looks stunning, btw even i find the OCD novilty wears off with the Black car thing lol, But it does look very nice :)

abdul
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:00
Looks nice

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:02
Very nice car, but I also have 3 Volvos, and an Alfa.

T5frankie
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:03
black is a bitch to keep clean, and i have 3 volvos too

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:05
black is a bitch to keep clean, and i have 3 volvos too

Bird poo is our big issue at the moment, and I was out a couple of hours ago removing it from the cars. Bloody starlings........

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:09
Bird poo is our big issue at the moment, and I was out a couple of hours ago removing it from the cars. Bloody starlings........

isnt it lucky ?? lol i know what you mean, usually just after youve cleaned the bloomin thing lol

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:12
isnt it lucky ?? lol i know what you mean, usually just after youve cleaned the bloomin thing lol

I think if it hits you in person it might be lucky. I had my p2 V70 bonnet lacquer damaged by the stuff, and never got rid of it totally, so it taught me a lesson to get it off asap.

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:15
I think if it hits you in person it might be lucky. I had my p2 V70 bonnet lacquer damaged by the stuff, and never got rid of it totally, so it taught me a lesson to get it off asap.

fair enough mate :)

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:24
fair enough mate :)

Do you have a seagull problem where you are?

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:28
Do you have a seagull problem where you are?

lol yes, especially at work wen i chuck bread out for them, they crap all over the van pmsl

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:31
lol yes, especially at work wen i chuck bread out for them, they crap all over the van pmsl

The van is white already though? It's the poo with the blackberry(or whatever it is) that does the damage from what I've seen. Can't believe it's nearly a year since we came down to Harwich.

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:33
We got 2, My citroen berlingo, and Mikes Grey Kangoo, Youd be suprised at the varity of S*** that drops from above lol

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:43
We got 2, My citroen berlingo, and Mikes Grey Kangoo, Youd be suprised at the varity of S*** that drops from above lol

On our street today, the cars were wet from rain, but then some kids have spread polystyrene crumbs all over the cars, road etc. My R looks like it's snowed.

merc85
Saturday 5th April 2014, 20:47
Bless them , mate id had bin seriously narked off lol

foammanmark
Saturday 5th April 2014, 21:02
Bless them , mate id had bin seriously narked off lol

I wasn't happy, but thought with the wind and rain it'll soon vanish off the cars. Next door just keep chucking packaging out into their garden without recycling it, so the kids play with it and so on..............................

RollingThunder
Sunday 6th April 2014, 10:39
Transport quotes are in so I'm having it :) That makes it

'98 V70R (daily driver)
'98 V70R AWD (new project)
'98 Discovery 300Tdi (offroading, camping)
'83 BMW R65LS (rare motorbike)
ex military Sankey trailer (camper project)

I know what you mean about the purple bird poo - we had a problem with that last summer :( We don't help matters mind you - we're avid bird feeders lol

Volvostorm
Sunday 6th April 2014, 10:53
That looks stunning in black!

One thing, its probably no more expensive to have a new LPG kit fitted than it is to swap the kits over, by the time you factor in the labor time of basically doing the job twice, then you will need the certificate for the black one.

foammanmark
Sunday 6th April 2014, 12:03
Transport quotes are in so I'm having it :) That makes it

'98 V70R (daily driver)
'98 V70R AWD (new project)
'98 Discovery 300Tdi (offroading, camping)
'83 BMW R65LS (rare motorbike)
ex military Sankey trailer (camper project)

I know what you mean about the purple bird poo - we had a problem with that last summer :( We don't help matters mind you - we're avid bird feeders lol

If I include both Alfas, we're on 5 cars in total. I also feed the birds in our back garden, and the cars get bombed at the front.

RollingThunder
Sunday 6th April 2014, 16:33
The deed is done, money paid up so its mine :)

Paul, yes I had thought of doing that - I can get the equivalent kit for around £800, and of course the resale value of the blue one would be better... will have to think a bit more about it :) In the meantime I'll be needing rear discs, pads, handbrake pads, a cv joint plus the usual stage 0 - although that will be SO much easier without all the LPG stuff in situ ! I'll have the alloys refinished in anthracite, and move the jewel headlamps over - they'll look fantastic on a black car :)

T5frankie
Sunday 6th April 2014, 16:39
if you change the silver to anthracite on a black car you will ruin the look of it, silver wheels on black car looks way better

RollingThunder
Sunday 6th April 2014, 18:37
Thanks Frankie. I'll have to do some photoshopping first then :)

abdul
Sunday 6th April 2014, 21:27
I have a black v70 t5 I had black volans on it sometimes ppl would say is that a undertakers car

T5frankie
Sunday 6th April 2014, 21:31
Thanks Frankie. I'll have to do some photoshopping first then :)

keep it as it is its perfect

abdul
Sunday 6th April 2014, 21:51
keep it as it is its perfect

Agree it does look good as it is