PDA

View Full Version : 855r Cleaner, clay, Polish

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 19:56
Gave Roundy a wash yesturday using the snow foam, Dried her off ready for tonight. Once i got home from work i used some megs cleaner wax, then Mer clay bar'd her runing out of the mer lube, so had to use the Muc off detailing spray as a lube which tbf was quite good lol.

Proceeded to Apply Autoglym Ultra Deep polish and machined polished it off. Pleased with the results and Will finish it off with some Simoniz canuba wax later.

Coming on nicley cant wait to drive her at the wkend. :)

Nealevo
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:06
It looks the same mate, dull and grey. :)

Biff
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:07
Looking well Gav!
Never tried a machine polisher but I guess I'd need a hell of an extension lead to my car park from the house. ;)

p fandango
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:07
do we really need a new thread everytime you wash your car?

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:08

no probably not sorry,

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:09
It looks the same mate, dull and grey. :)

Gone from shiny black to a Faded black lol

claymore
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:10

yes we do, some of us enjoy reading and looking at the pictures, I'm even going to have a go at giving my car a bit of a spruce up.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:13

You would post a thread if you ever did anything on your 850 like get it on the road :wow:

no probably not sorry,

Ignore him, I love seeing shiny cars and yours is lovely.:B_thumb:

t5 pete
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:16
Keep it coming merc awesome work

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:17
yes we do, some of us enjoy reading and looking at the pictures, I'm even going to have a go at giving my car a bit of a spruce up.

in time for swedish day buddy? dam wish i could make it, but its the same day as my charity ride. 1st time for missing it for me and im gutted, always look forward to seeing your car, and its a fantastic day out :)

The idea of the post was a quick guide as to how ive clean it, as Per the "Detailing thread Section says" but i suppose i over do it. so will lay off anymore up dates in this section,

p fandango
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:18
i'm not into detailing or washing cars, but enjoy looking at pictures myself. But a new thread everytime is a bit ott in my book, i wouldn't create a new thread everytime i changed a light bulb (which happens less than Merc cleaning his car). Why not just create a project thread & update it

volvokid
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:18
in time for swedish day buddy? dam wish i could make it, but its the same day as my charity ride. 1st time for missing it for me and im gutted, always look forward to seeing your car, and its a fantastic day out :)

The idea of the post was a quick guide as to how ive clean it, as Per the "Detailing thread Section says" but i suppose i over do it. so will lay off anymore up dates in this section,

Dont be silly I always perv on your pics

p fandango
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:19
You would post a thread if you ever did anything on your 850 like get it on the road :wow:
lol, i update the thread i've got running for it

volvokid
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:19
i'm not into detailing or washing cars, but enjoy looking at pictures myself. But a new thread everytime is a bit ott in my book, i wouldn't create a new thread everytime i changed a light bulb (which happens less than Merc cleaning his car). Why not just create a project thread & update it

I loose track of project threads, they go on forever...... and I get bored looking at them.

t5 pete
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:20

Merc keep the updates coming in tbh your cleaning updates are ones of the most I read as its actually interesting

p fandango
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:22
but i suppose i over do it. so will lay off anymore up dates in this section,
i'm not implying to lay off the updates, but a new thread everytime isn't needed in my eyes. Start a project thread & update in 1 place

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:22
Why not just create a project thread & update it

Beacuse it wasnt a update on my project, it was meant to be taken as quick guide to how ive cleaned the car, as per the section, but as ive already said, i may have over done it. which is fair enough.

Youd be suprised how much mechanical work ive done and do, and perhaps i should post more about that, instead

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:25
Dont be silly I always perv on your pics

Id love to see more pics of your's buddy, as you clearly know how to clean a car and keep it fresh looking, stunning Motors bud :)

volvokid
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 20:40
Id love to see more pics of your's buddy, as you clearly know how to clean a car and keep it fresh looking, stunning Motors bud :)

Trust me buddy I have no real intrest in doing it just now, the R is even sorned. Im having a flat spot with my cars. I havnt even seen the saffy for 7 months. Its horrible but I cant pick myself up with them, since I started driving, cars have been my life and what all my money has went on, things have changed for me just now but im sure it will come back.

Nealevo
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 21:11
Gav, i for one love the threads, it gives me new ideas on cleaning products and techniques, as you and everyone knows I'm crap with technical stuff but i do like to try, it just costs me more money when somebody experienced has to correct my mistakes.. See you at Swedish day!!!

merc85
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 21:14
i soo wish i could make it this year but i cant :(

graemewelch
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 21:16
deailing threads are the only threads worth reading and looking at on here at the minute. apart from james threads. i find those very amusing and entertaining.

no1tosh
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 22:15
i enjoy reading them and looking at nice shiny pics. it keeps me inspired :)

V70 Graham
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 22:46
Keep 'em coming Gav, love the threads and pictures.

Awaiting arrival of my own DA polisher tomorrow morning then down to see M-R-P for a good session !

Hopefully have another cleaning thread up of my own by Saturday.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 23:02
Loving your work - Gav - but sadly just reminds me of how little time I get to do these things.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 23:09
Loving your work - Gav - but sadly just reminds me of how little time I get to do these things.

My kids at school today, and the wife working, so I got to play on my car for the day, we'll most of the day, had to walk the dog as well lol.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/IMG_1274.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd April 2014, 23:12
When my wife asks me what I would like for my birthday or Xmas - I just say "time" - Namely time to mess about/clean or otherwise do what I like with my SSB.