PDA

View Full Version : V70 ph2 Radio/Stereo no sound...

Owengsi
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 17:58
Had the car a couple of weeks, and the radio worked fine even if the LCD is a bit dodgy, but the battery went flat, and now the radio turns on, functions as it should (changes radio station etc) but there is no sound coming out of it, not even static?!

To say I'm confused is an understatement.

Also, how the hell do you remove the stereo? I'd swap it for a Sony HU but can't see a simple way to extract it :/

T5RatherAmusin
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 18:39
jst the radio gone?

what year is it?
00-05 pry the pen holder, undo screws, remove heater unit. then screws for cd.....
05+ pry the gear surround, undo lower screws pullfrom the bottom and out complete....

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 18:56
Pen holder out job.

Have a look under the drivers seat, if you see what looks like an amplifier, check the fuses in the end of the dashboard. Theres a fuse for the amp in there.

Owengsi
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 20:02
No amp under the seat, and no corresponding fuse for the amp in the end dash panel. Checked the other audio fuses and they were all good.

If I keep turning the volume up, you can hear a very feint sound, a bit like when an vinyl record has finished playing but is still on the turntable (some of you guys remember vinyl yeah lol). I've tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it, but no joy either.

It's the HU-408.

JamesT5
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 20:06
Have you tried the volume control......

:hidesbehipeepo :B_blite: :mischievo

Owengsi
Wednesday 2nd April 2014, 07:45
Have you tried the volume control......

:hidesbehipeepo :B_blite: :mischievo

Yeah, I used an angle grinder....didn't work :P

Harvey
Wednesday 2nd April 2014, 08:05
Have someone fitted a hands free phone car kit ,the could have cut into some wires to mute it.

Owengsi
Wednesday 2nd April 2014, 17:33
No, it was working when it went to MOT and had stopped working after I picked it up :/

Owengsi
Wednesday 2nd April 2014, 18:05
If I got a HU601 cd player off ebay, does it NEED to be coded by the dealer or is there another way around it?

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 2nd April 2014, 18:08
was plug n play with me