PDA

View Full Version : V70AWD Ph1 Lowering - Fooler Bolts

samfwell
Sunday 30th March 2014, 16:59
I fitted fooler bolts to my AWD yesterday and it definitely hasn't settled level. Would this indicate that the self levelling is a bit fubard? I know there are common problems with the Nivomat suspension, what's the best way to test if it's functioning properly?

Pic for your troubles:
http://i.imgur.com/b8WqVhH.jpg

Cheers,

Sam

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 30th March 2014, 18:33
In what way is it not settled? Is it too high or too low?

The self levelling system is activiated when a heavy load compresses the suspension and operates a valve inside the shock absorber which pumps itself back up to the normal height (or something along those lines) it usually takes a couple of miles driving for it to adjust itself.

M-R-P
Sunday 30th March 2014, 18:51
It'll adjust in a few hundred yards, the bumpier the road the better.

if you've just dropped the car off the Jack, the nivomats will be near their upper limit. They nead the action of absorbing bumps to adjust themselves.

samfwell
Tuesday 1st April 2014, 17:28
I posted this thread after only a quick run around the block but I've now driven it at all speeds for about 150 miles and there is still a difference in the arch gaps, 2 fingers one side, 3 fingers the other!

I heard these are pretty prone to failure, does that just cause a lack of damping or also a lack of height adjustment?