PDA

View Full Version : C70 vs Superbike

JamesT5
Saturday 29th March 2014, 14:47
Came across this video today showing a C70 giving a superbike and what looks like an Audi RS an utter pasting.

To be honest, I think the drivers were total idiots for racing on the highway like they did and I don't condone such mad behaviour, if just one of those vehicles had changed lanes they'd be dead straight away, they should have saved this for a designated race track.

Aside from that, this C70 cannot be standard or modified standard, I imagine it's been virtually re-engineered to reach such stupid speeds and the exhaust is definitely not standard!

Watch these nut cases in action (it's scary!)......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-nre2Y54Y

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 29th March 2014, 18:08
erm at 677hp fairly safe bet it's been modified and at over 3 times what the bike got im not really to surprised it won

graemewelch
Saturday 29th March 2014, 18:42
Gt36 turbo and forged engine. Its not rocket science to get that power but not many companies are intrested in mapping them to make that kind of power

deathrider311271
Saturday 29th March 2014, 20:01
do the maths, the guy on the bike ISNT giving it full beans or just cant ride the bike properly. the bike is 200kgs with fuel and other liquids and has 180+bhp, car 1500kgs and 677bhp. car = 451bhp per tonne, bike = 900bhp per tonne,

merc85
Saturday 29th March 2014, 20:06
do the maths, the guy on the bike ISNT giving it full beans or just cant ride the bike properly. the bike is 200kgs with fuel and other liquids and has 180+bhp, car 1500kgs and 677bhp. car = 451bhp per tonne, bike = 900bhp per tonne,

couldnt have put it better myself lol ;)

JamesT5
Saturday 29th March 2014, 23:36
Gt36 turbo and forged engine. Its not rocket science to get that power but not many companies are intrested in mapping them to make that kind of power

Surprised you haven't tuned your car that way Graeme if it's that easy. Go for it.....

graemewelch
Saturday 29th March 2014, 23:42
Surprised you haven't tuned your car that way Graeme if it's that easy. Go for it.....

Yes its easy but wear did i say it was cheap. What would i want with a 650 bhp car anyway. A volvo would be the last car id use if wanted a silly powered car. Wouldnt expect any other responce from james.

JamesT5
Saturday 29th March 2014, 23:49
Yes its easy but wear did i say it was cheap. What would i want with a 650 bhp car anyway. A volvo would be the last car id use if wanted a silly powered car. Wouldnt expect any other responce from james.

Just flog a few more downpipes you'll be fine....

MoleT-5R
Sunday 30th March 2014, 00:07
Came across this video today showing a C70 giving a superbike and what looks like an Audi RS an utter pasting.

To be honest, I think the drivers were total idiots for racing on the highway like they did and I don't condone such mad behaviour, if just one of those vehicles had changed lanes they'd be dead straight away, they should have saved this for a designated race track.

Aside from that, this C70 cannot be standard or modified standard, I imagine it's been virtually re-engineered to reach such stupid speeds and the exhaust is definitely not standard!

Watch these nut cases in action (it's scary!)......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-nre2Y54Y

I'd agree with you if this vid was made in this country, driving a those speeds takes skill level way beyond the normal fast driver, but when aboard it appears anything goes, watch this a while back, but didn't notice any hairy moments, may be the continentals are more observant that GB drivers...I have no problem with speed, exercised with thought, control and consideration for the other road users, but I doubt my car will ever have that turn of speed

siamblue
Sunday 30th March 2014, 19:40
The thing is the innocent ones are the people that normally get killed and the drivers racing get 6 years for taking people lives.

the-man-that-can
Friday 4th April 2014, 12:13
Id buy that c70 LOL :D