PDA

View Full Version : s60 question

markus2k13
Thursday 27th March 2014, 23:50
Hi just wondering when you lock the car is the fuel flap suppose to lock aswell or is it meant to be unlocked I noticed tonight on mine it's open even when the car's locked

Cheers Mark

graemewelch
Thursday 27th March 2014, 23:52
Im not sure. Ill check mine tomora.

R-200vi
Friday 28th March 2014, 00:15
There is a time set delay on the fuel flap. Depends on how long the delay is set to from a range of straight away or upto 15mins. Or the lock solenoid could not be work as that common.

alcashj94
Friday 28th March 2014, 00:17
Fuel flap locks about ten minutes after you have locked the car with the fob, deadlocks should engage about one minute after.
The delay on the fuel is supposed to allow you time to fill the tank if you lock the doors when at a filling station.
Check the flap when you go back to the car later, if it has not locked check the solenoid which is accessed from behind the trim in the boot.

M-R-P
Friday 28th March 2014, 06:07
As above, the deadlocks fire after a minute and the fuel flap is normally set to 300 seconds.

markus2k13
Friday 28th March 2014, 11:13
Nice one cheers for the help lads the deadlock is that the sound of the car locking a few seconds after you've locked it with the fob

M-R-P
Friday 28th March 2014, 11:16
Nice one cheers for the help lads the deadlock is that the sound of the car locking a few seconds after you've locked it with the fob

Yes it is :)

Sit by the fuel flap with a beer and count to 300, you'll hear it click ;)

stribo
Friday 28th March 2014, 13:19
Yes it is :)

Sit by the fuel flap with a beer and count to 300, you'll hear it click ;)

If you can get to 300 before you need another beer, you drink too slowly.;)

LiamT4
Friday 28th March 2014, 20:17
I was going to ask something similar, as i noticed the other day that it wasn't locking with the rest of the car. Mine takes about 5-10mins.

markus2k13
Friday 28th March 2014, 20:32
While I'm on the look out for information I asked awhile ago about dump valves there was some good feed back saying not to fit a atmospherics bov but I'm able to fit a recirculation bov I'm looking for a decent one but finding it hard can someone let me know which is the best one to get my engine is the 2.0t all I'm finding is cheap Chinese kaka lol

stribo
Friday 28th March 2014, 21:04
While I'm on the look out for information I asked awhile ago about dump valves there was some good feed back saying not to fit a atmospherics bov but I'm able to fit a recirculation bov I'm looking for a decent one but finding it hard can someone let me know which is the best one to get my engine is the 2.0t all I'm finding is cheap Chinese kaka lol

What's wrong with your standard recirc valve?

markus2k13
Friday 28th March 2014, 22:49
Nothing's wrong with it since I've put my twin cone filter on its awesome I can't stop boosting lol but I'm after something a little bit louder

M-R-P
Saturday 29th March 2014, 06:32
I doubt you'll get a forge recirc to work as the spring is set to run on 10psi and above.
There's a trick you can do with a couple of 2p coins that makes the standard recirc "bark" a bit but it's not really worth the effort involved.

Get a stainless mesh filter if you want more noise ;)

LiamT4
Saturday 29th March 2014, 12:45
Does a 2.0t run enough boost to make a noise? My mate asked why i hadn't bothered doing anything to mine (all my previous cars have been lightly modded), my answer was simply "not worth it" lol