PDA

View Full Version : advice appreciated

volvolised
Sunday 6th November 2005, 10:14
Hi all, want to instal some fog lights and have sourced cheapish ones at pfs but they are for the sub 2000 v70 they will fit my '94' 855 wont they ? thanks if you can help

MattB
Sunday 6th November 2005, 11:06
I recently fitted a set of Halfrauds fogs to mine - cut into the bumber grilles.
(Although after seeing expat's 855, I may fit behind them instead). I also purchased and oem foglight switch, together with the relevant relays and so now (after help from DaveS70R - who kindly did a bit of fault finding and repair to my foglight switch) have the fogs operating from the oem system, as apposed to wiring in a seperate aftermarket switch. Slightly more costly than fitting an aftermarket switch, but well worth the effort and certainly cheaper than fitting oem fogs.

I used a fitting guide posted on the forum
- do a search and it should come up...

However, the only drawback with aftermarket fogs is whether they are aligned properly?? If anyone has any ideas as to how I can check, please let me know - cheers.

Good Luck volvolised!!

volvolised
Sunday 6th November 2005, 20:57
Is that the halfrauds on holdenhurst road by any chance as it's just down the road from me !!

MattB
Sunday 6th November 2005, 21:39
Is that the halfrauds on holdenhurst road by any chance as it's just down the road from me !!

I was actually in Somerset when I bought them.
However, I often frequent said Halfraud store for the ocassional ripping off!
I'll keep my eyes open for ya!

volvolised
Sunday 6th November 2005, 22:08
Hey Matt, found justin's fog light fitting post so will follow that. Will have to have to meet up sometime. i'll pm you my number :B_censore

MattB
Sunday 6th November 2005, 22:47
Hey Matt, found justin's fog light fitting post so will follow that. Will have to have to meet up sometime. i'll pm you my number :B_censore

Cheers - pm returned...

arbee
Monday 7th November 2005, 20:02
in terms of adjustment - not 100% accurate but... find another car with factoty fogs, turn them on in front of something like a garage door, mark the position of car on the floor and level of fogs illumination on the garage door/wall etc. The get in volvo, move car to same postion and tweak fogs until similar to your orignal mark on the door/wall. Robert's your Fathers brother :)