PDA

View Full Version : Ph1 v70 t5 tuning

gwrt5
Monday 17th March 2014, 16:46
Hi recently bought the above said car , looking at giving her a bit more va va voom ! Any tips or advice please folk ? What's the basic internals good for ? Gearbox too , is the standard ecu mappable , if so do you need to buy a licence for the first map ? , what is the standard turbo good for , I'm thinking maybe upping the psi a touch full de cat , up grading discs and pads , probably ds 2500 ferodo , or any one recommend any that they have used ? Seen a couple of pics of cars on here that look to be running apexi data loggers and controllers ? , is the Simtek or ecu tek ecu available for these ? Sorry lots of questions just trying to sort my way through the car . And yes another question , wouldn't mind dropping the car a few inch all round , any one recommend any coil overs ? Or am I just as advisable to use lowering springs ? I won't be tracking the car as I have my Clio and evo for that , just want to liven it up a little

M-R-P
Monday 17th March 2014, 17:26
if it's a pre ME7, (throttle cable over the engine, you can get a remap through the post for 150 quid or so. ME7 cars are 250 upward.
to lower it, you'll first need to get rid of the nivomat rear shocks. pfv do reasonably well priced spring/shock kits.

jamesy12345
Monday 17th March 2014, 17:38
Looks like an ME7 to me........if it has a blue Volvo badge in the front grill then it's an ME7. Mine is 'pre-ME7' (M4.4) and an auto, but anyway I went with a TME map, which is similar to MTE. There are loads of different tuners out there and everyone will have their own opinion about it.

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?aGr=chLang

From the MTE website (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment!):

Stage 1 is a remap only
Stage 2 is a remap & cat back
Stage 3 is a stage 2 plus downpipe & cat
After that you are onto bigger turbos/intercoolers/injectors/etc bigger money, bigger numbers.

Just some ideas, you will have your own opinion & budget in mind.....'Stage 0' should be first off - sorting all faults on the car and making sure all service items are replaced.

Check the front brake discs are 302 mm diameter, if not that is a reasonably priced upgrade from the 'R' models.

Personally I preferred the T5 suspension to the 'R' equivalent - too hard for me, must be getting old. I fitted a front upper strut brace to mine and I'm pretty happy with it as it is a daily driver. Quite high tho!

gwrt5
Monday 17th March 2014, 17:52
Cheers for the reply lads , all good food for thought , not wanting silly bhp as still want reliability longevity etc , first things first like you say sort my electrical problem , then full fluids changed brake water oil ps , and a good inspection of the car on a ramp , glad I have one , and take it from there thinks again Gary

V70 Graham
Monday 17th March 2014, 20:07
Stage 0 then a decent map coupled with a 30mm drop is a good place to start, let us know how you get on.

stribo
Monday 17th March 2014, 20:14
Cheers for the reply lads , all good food for thought , not wanting silly bhp as still want reliability longevity etc , first things first like you say sort my electrical problem , then full fluids changed brake water oil ps , and a good inspection of the car on a ramp , glad I have one , and take it from there thinks again Gary

Don't forget to change the gearbox oil, not essential, but a good precautionary measure.

siamblue
Monday 17th March 2014, 23:24
What car is it?is it a 2.4 lpt? looking at the wheels it maybe.

gwrt5
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 06:49
What car is it?is it a 2.4 lpt? looking at the wheels it maybe.

Lol it's a big Volvo to me , sorry never owned one before , bought it as a tow car , good price history , etc the exact spec I don't know maybe one of your good selfs on here could let me know ,