PDA

View Full Version : Engine system service required; XC90 help please

OJW
Monday 17th March 2014, 16:27
Dear all,

I have an amber warning triangle in my XC90, 61 plate, 44k mileage with an accompanying "engine system service required" message. Does anyone know if this is simply requiring a service based on mileage total or if there is something more worrying taking place? There appears to be no performance issue accompanying this warning. Thanks in advice for any advice offered.

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 17th March 2014, 16:31
hi, this is an indication of a fault in the engine system is it not a 'routine service required' message.
if there is no loss of performance you should still get the codes read off at the least at the earliest opportunity as it might develop into power loss.
at present, It will probably go once you restart the car until the next time it occurs.

OJW
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 07:55
Thanks for your feedback, partsforvolvos.com. The warning sign does not disappear and has remained constant since it developed a couple of days ago. I'll get the codes read and go from there, cheers.

M-R-P
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 08:05
A generic code reader will give you some idea, it will also give you freezeframe data from when the fault occurred - this can also help narrow it down.

If it's a D5, even a dirty fuel filter can throw a warning when the fuel pressure goes beyond expected parameters.

OJW
Thursday 20th March 2014, 19:57
Thanks, M-R-P, appreciate the feedback folks.