PDA

View Full Version : ETS light and cruise control

C70T5auto
Saturday 5th November 2005, 15:02
Sometimes when the car is started the ETS light stays on, if you turn off the car and then re-start it goes out.
1. What is ETS?
2. How do I fix it?

And also the cruise control is tempermental, sometimes it wont come on when 'set' is pressed.... any ideas on this too????

thanks

Aiken
Saturday 5th November 2005, 15:05
No, but I have the same problem with cruise control being temp, possible linked to the ME 7 judgin by the error codes Ive got. The previous owner removed the ETS light so it doesnt come on anymore.

fraz13
Saturday 5th November 2005, 15:57
The previous owner removed the ETS light so it doesnt come on anymore.
That was handy!!!

Aiken
Saturday 5th November 2005, 16:43
Was for the previous owner :troutslap

C70T5auto
Monday 7th November 2005, 14:22
Went down to Bridgend Volvo today, told them the probs I am getting. They say its quite common and easy to fix, under the inlet manifold there is the ETS computer thingy.... aparantly if this is cleaned out, its sorted.... so its being booked in shortly.
:wiggle:

Al115
Monday 7th November 2005, 14:56
That is possibly correct. The ETM can be cleaned, which sometimes gives a temporary fix but does not cure the underlying problem of the ETM being a badly-designed component that fails early...

Aiken
Monday 7th November 2005, 15:02
That's what I guess they tried with mine to resolve the problem before whipping out the bulb, hence why the pipe blew off just after RICA on the way home. If you do clean it, be sure to fasten the intercooler pipe back on securely to avoid any loud bangs!

:slap:

SaffronC70
Monday 7th November 2005, 15:14
the joint is a crap design - plastic to metal.

Don't over tighten it, as you'll crack the plastic hose.

Chris