PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Lights and Cruise Control on S60 not working

TerryW
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 18:44
Got a little problem with reversing lights not coming on on the S60R, i have changed the 10A fuse in the rear fuse box light as indicated by the manual, replaced both reversing bulbs which looked ok actually, is there a sensor on the clutch its just that the Cruise Control doesn't work and i know i have some error messages on this and think i read there is a module on the clutch pedal, may be all the same issue, pardon my ignorance, if anyone can help Thanks..

mikealder
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 18:52
On a manual car there is a pedal switch for the clutch pedal as well as the brake pedal, the system needs to see the signals from both switches on a manual for the cruse control to work, as for the reverse lights have you checked the switch mounted on the gearbox for correct operation with a meter - Mike

Harvey
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 19:03
The switch on the pedal is a common fail.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VOLVO-CLUTCH-PEDAL-SENSOR-SWITCH-9472979-S70-S60-S80-V70-XC70-XC90-C70-/320835902363

TerryW
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 19:20
I will try the pedal switch, would this be straight forward to fit, or is it a job for my mechanic

V70 Graham
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 19:29
Mine was the switch on the gearbox.

T5REU
Wednesday 12th March 2014, 04:18
It's a real easy fit mate. You just need to push the seat right back, get yourself right under the steering and u will see the 6 inch long switch. It's a shaft going into a white plastic cover. Just need to pull it away from the push fit nipple. The part cost me £37 from volvo. Prior to fixing it my cruise didn't work and I would get the engine light on at times.

TerryW
Wednesday 12th March 2014, 20:53
Yep that's what I am getting, cruise light on but no function, I do a lot of motor way driving and early morning starts with not much traffic so do use this function, thanks will give it a go

TerryW
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 21:37
I have just purchased pedal switch from Harvey's link price £47.00, transaction has gone through and I noticed it said on your statement it will show up as Caffyns UK, the same dealership in Portslade East Sussex, whose parts department wanted to charge me over a £100, I just got the impression from that parts department, the minute you mention S60R, you see their brains thinking lets think of a number, treble it and you never know he may just go for it, I have had similar crazy prices for a new key and programming at £114.00 and hour, stupid price for a replacement mirror that has a crack in it, thanks be for you guys and eBay

Harvey
Tuesday 18th March 2014, 22:39
I have just purchased pedal switch from Harvey's link price £47.00, transaction has gone through and I noticed it said on your statement it will show up as Caffyns UK, the same dealership in Portslade East Sussex, whose parts department wanted to charge me over a £100, I just got the impression from that parts department, the minute you mention S60R, you see their brains thinking lets think of a number, treble it and you never know he may just go for it, I have had similar crazy prices for a new key and programming at £114.00 and hour, stupid price for a replacement mirror that has a crack in it, thanks be for you guys and eBay

I had to get a new key as the car only came with one key it cost me £200 for a new one.

TerryW
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 12:30
Position sensor fitted today, cruise control now working, I love it when a plan comes together

TerryW
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 12:31
Yep I need a second key, will have to wait though, £200 for a new key ridiculous

Harvey
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 12:51
Position sensor fitted today, cruise control now working, I love it when a plan comes together

That's good news,
With regards the key you can order the key blade bit which comes with a chip fitted from volvo pre cut so if you did lock the key in the boot you can still get into the car.if you do this just keep the bar code bit so at a later date you can get it programmed to the car.

The buttons bit comes as a separate part.

rikcougar
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 17:16
The switch on the pedal is a common fail.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VOLVO-CLUTCH-PEDAL-SENSOR-SWITCH-9472979-S70-S60-S80-V70-XC70-XC90-C70-/320835902363

Is this correct for a 2005 S60 T5 and does anybody know which cruise switch is correct for the brake pedal

I have fitted a leather wheel to my plod spec which has audio and cruise and believe that if I fit pedal switches my local indy guy can switch both functions on with his Vida. Does Vida need a download to do this?

mikealder
Sunday 23rd March 2014, 10:26
The car will need software loading to it by a main dealer, you can't activate cruise control on your car by adding a few switches - Mike