PDA

View Full Version : Knocking while braking after discs and pads replaced - non Volvo

Liddo
Monday 10th March 2014, 10:02
Hi All,

Has anyone had this happen to them??? I replaced my daughters front discs and pads on her Fiesta 1.25 Zetec at the weekend.
I used Pagid discs and pads from ECP and they went on really well and all seemed great...................until..........after about 15 mins
of driving, whilst braking, a knock knock knock is now happening. I've stripped down the offending side again, and made sure everything
is tight and sat right, but its still happening. The ONLY thing i didnt do is clean the new discs with brake cleaner. Could it be the pads
gripping and releasing the discs???? Faulty pads??? Faulty discs??? Obviously there not warped as they are brand new.

Any idea's???

stribo
Monday 10th March 2014, 10:04
Make sure you've put the anti rattle spring on properly.

jdavis
Monday 10th March 2014, 10:24
What that man said^

Liddo
Monday 10th March 2014, 12:18

Yeah, I have done. It WAS a bitch to get off though, like it had never moved in 98k miles. Would that cause
the banging??? It all seems very solid, nothing moves at all

Rudeyboy18
Monday 10th March 2014, 15:36
Could it be a suspension bush gone?? Just coincidently after fitting pads/discs???

Rudeyboy18
Monday 10th March 2014, 15:40
Or even loose wheel nuts

Liddo
Monday 10th March 2014, 15:44
Or even loose wheel nuts

Yeah, double and triple checked those. I was also thinking are they uni-directional pads or discs, but ive checked them out and there not. Might swap the mover anyway, to see if the fault swaps to the other side.

Rudeyboy18
Monday 10th March 2014, 16:22
Process of elimination is a PITA. But rewarding " if " you find the fault

stribo
Monday 10th March 2014, 18:31
As a double check, this is how the springs should be fitted.
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/25709031.jpg (http://s373.photobucket.com/user/RSCougar/media/25709031.jpg.html)

ExternalError
Monday 10th March 2014, 20:06
what pads did you use if you used generic ones make sure there is no movement in the pad I had this issue with my old T5 as the place I got it from had just put generic cheap pads in that were slightly small and overtime the movement of them wore away part of the carrier. Didn't start making a noise till I'd had it for a year.

Liddo
Monday 10th March 2014, 21:24
Cheers chaps, and cheers Stribo for the pic, im 99.9% sure its fitted right, but i'll double check tomorrow ;)