PDA

View Full Version : best plugs? and what else

wiganer31
Saturday 1st March 2014, 18:37
hi, im soon going to put a bigger turbo etc on my 940 b230fk, i have a spare engine so i want to give it abit of a refresh and clean inside, oil seals/plugs leads and gaskets etc, so i have a good base to start tuning. but what plugs should i use? i have ngk's in atm but they don't seem to like the boost being turned up to 12psi, also what bits should i be looking at doing gasket wish while i have a engine t'hats out of the car.

and what car dose the 3" maf need to come from?

i should be running a 16/19t turbo,
white injectors,
fuel pressure reg,
3" maf,
3" down pipe,
abit of porting and polishing,
better clutch,
maybe a ebay cooler but dont know what size,

will be going for around 250 hp plus, but just want to do it correct the first time and not have to keep messing about with things

cheers

smithy
Saturday 1st March 2014, 19:07
Use t5r Volvo plugs mate they are 7s and you will need a 4 bar fuel reg with those injectors because for a 3in maf you need a minimum of 440cc injectors at 3 bar .you are looking for a 012 maf off the early 960 or put your standard maf guts in a 3 in pipe .

wiganer31
Saturday 1st March 2014, 20:17
cheers pal, what make should i be looking at? i have an adjustable fpr that i was given when i bought my turbo so that should be ok if i cant find a proper 4 bar fpr, will start looking for a maf so i can make a start soon.

wiganer31
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 02:24
sorry to dig up such a old thread, i got held up on doing the turbo on my 940 but im on with the job now :)

anyways i went to order the plugs that smithy advised me to get in this thread, and the guy in the parts department just gave it the old whats your reg? explained that i dont have a reg because they will be going in my 940 but he just wants interested! so was just wondering if someone could let me use there reg that use them plugs? smithy said to use t5r Volvo plugs that they are 7s, what model exactly use 7s? dose "7s" relate to the electrode gap?

also to save making other threads! i am going to be using white injectors at 4 bar, am i correct in thinking i need to do the resistor mod? if so what resistor exactly do i need and were dose the resistor go? i have no idea about this so i will have a mate help me out but i still need to get the resistors.

started work on the 940 today and im going to get abit of a project thread started tomorrow with were im up to if anyones interested, no doubt there will get stuck with something and have a few questions for you lovely people :)

cheers in advance
ryan

jks
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 03:44
You can use BPR 7ES plugs, better in my opinion.Cheap as chips, Dont need fancy plugs..
Get AFR gauge, Innovate etc..to monitor air/fuel ratio.
You dont need to get 3" MAF, stick the gubbins of STD MAF to 3" pipe, it works.
You want bigger I.C, measure rad, that will give You idea what fits. Ebay ones are fine.
Get adjustable reg and fuel rail adapter, leave head as it is..
Stick some chips in..

M-R-P
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 09:54
I like chips :)

Nealevo
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 10:25

Really, looking at you i would never have guessed!!! ha ha ha

stribo
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 10:29

Really, looking at you i would never have guessed!!! ha ha ha

Ha ha ha, walked straight into that one. :D

wiganer31
Saturday 8th November 2014, 01:56
You can use BPR 7ES plugs, better in my opinion.Cheap as chips, Dont need fancy plugs..
Get AFR gauge, Innovate etc..to monitor air/fuel ratio.
You dont need to get 3" MAF, stick the gubbins of STD MAF to 3" pipe, it works.
You want bigger I.C, measure rad, that will give You idea what fits. Ebay ones are fine.
Get adjustable reg and fuel rail adapter, leave head as it is..
Stick some chips in..

Will have a look at them plugs mate, are you using them? I Will get some 3" pipe and mod the maf, don't suppose you have a pic of one one showing how you mounted it.

Wanted to get a build thread up but having problems with my laptop, not had time to get Down to my unit and work on the car anyways

Cheers

wiganer31
Wednesday 12th November 2014, 01:24
not really had time to do much on the 940 so not got any pics for a build thread yet, will try tomorrow, got to ring a company about making up a clutch tomorrow, not looking forward to it