PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 Brake Servo Replacement

laughjimbo
Thursday 27th February 2014, 21:48
Just wondering if anything has replaced a brake servo themselves and could offer any advice to doing this. I know that you have to drop the subframe down a few inches to enable you to get the clearance between the servo and the engine to get the thing out but I have never dropped the subframe down on one of these before. Is there anything else that I should know, any tricks to make things easier?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going to tackle this in the next few weeks?

Thanks

M-R-P
Friday 28th February 2014, 09:02
Not something I've had to deal with myself, I'll have a look at my Haynes book of lies and get back to you...

graemewelch
Friday 28th February 2014, 09:20
Not something I've had to deal with myself, I'll have a look at my Haynes book of lies and get back to you...

i can tell you what haynes book of lies will say. " simply just undo these 4 bolts and it will easily slide out" yeah right. everytime says says simply it means its going to be a pig

M-R-P
Friday 28th February 2014, 09:35
It's funny how most of the instructions start with "gently prize off the..."

Or "refer to main dealer" when they haven't managed to work out something an amateur spanner-monkey can do with some string and a hammer

laughjimbo
Friday 28th February 2014, 13:40