PDA

View Full Version : Best place to look for 850's?

Sweep
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 19:01
As above really, I was initially after a 7/940 turbo but after rearranging some funds and actually getting an insurance quote, turns out I can insure a T5R!

I've checked the usual Pistonheads/eGay/Gumtree but there's not a lot around, especially in manual form! Not too fussed on whether it's a saloon or estate to be honest, estate would be cooler :D

merc85
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 19:04
The forums are the best place to buy one imho, as peeps know what to look for and generally peeps on here sort any issues out as enthusiasts do.

Autotrader and ebay, Piston heads can turn up some to. You just missed a Black T5r estate on ebay was in Colchester tho be it Auto.

Mine was from Gumtree and was pointed out to me by a member on here.

Sweep
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 19:12
The forums are the best place to buy one imho, as peeps know what to look for and generally peeps on here sort any issues out as enthusiasts do.

Autotrader and ebay, Piston heads can turn up some to. You just missed a Black T5r estate on ebay was in Colchester tho be it Auto.

Mine was from Gumtree and was pointed out to me by a member on here.

Yours looks really nice mate.

Do you need to be a paid member to put a wanted add up on here?

merc85
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 19:17
Yours looks really nice mate.

Do you need to be a paid member to put a wanted add up on here?

Thanks buddy, its been a join journey with mine and has been made up from 2 Previous 850 t5's lol but she's sweet. ;)

Adverts, you have to have x amount of posts before being able to post a advert

JamesT5
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 20:13
T5Frankie's driveway - look no further... ;)

Saaamon
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 21:22
White 850R on ebay at the moment.

klunk
Thursday 27th February 2014, 12:48
Theres an Olive T5R Estate for 1K just come on Gumtree though its auto, I ended up getting an 855 T5 CD manual with 68K on it and full history in the colour i wanted, Put an HLM304 on it and im well happy for 1/2 the price of a good T5R/R!

Sweep
Thursday 27th February 2014, 19:03
Thanks buddy, its been a join journey with mine and has been made up from 2 Previous 850 t5's lol but she's sweet. ;)

Adverts, you have to have x amount of posts before being able to post a advert

Is there a lot of difference between a normal T5 and an R? Bar the bodywork of course.

Ah okay, I better get posting then!

White 850R on ebay at the moment.

Auto :(

Theres an Olive T5R Estate for 1K just come on Gumtree though its auto, I ended up getting an 855 T5 CD manual with 68K on it and full history in the colour i wanted, Put an HLM304 on it and im well happy for 1/2 the price of a good T5R/R!

Sorry, but what's a HLM304? Still a newbie with Volvos!

munster732
Thursday 27th February 2014, 19:20
Sorry, but what's a HLM304? Still a newbie with Volvos!

Its a remapped ECU fella, much more poke for not much money. Everyone should have a remapped ECU, its the way forward:smile:

Saaamon
Thursday 27th February 2014, 20:36
Auto :(

I also prefer manual but would make an exception for a white 850R.

T5Rs and Rs are great but wouldn't over look a well spec'd T5 in mint condition if your planing on modifying it, these cars are getting very old now and theres a lot of crap out there.

klunk
Friday 28th February 2014, 00:19
My T5's only had 2 previous owners, I got an 850R front bumper and Volans cheap, And a Tomcat splitter to go on it aswell as a 16T, I put white injectors in it when i fitted the HLM ecu :-)

Sweep
Saturday 1st March 2014, 09:41
Its a remapped ECU fella, much more poke for not much money. Everyone should have a remapped ECU, its the way forward:smile:
Ah gotcha, I was looking on BSR (I think) website at remaps, a normal T5 gets around 290bhp from a map alone?!

I also prefer manual but would make an exception for a white 850R.

T5Rs and Rs are great but wouldn't over look a well spec'd T5 in mint condition if your planing on modifying it, these cars are getting very old now and theres a lot of crap out there.
To be honest this is exactly what I wanted to hear, I wasn't sure whether the normal T5 was considered inferior to the R's.

My T5's only had 2 previous owners, I got an 850R front bumper and Volans cheap, And a Tomcat splitter to go on it aswell as a 16T, I put white injectors in it when i fitted the HLM ecu :-)

Do the R bumpers fit straight on then? I do like the fronts!