PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this man?

Darkstar-SFX
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 18:38
In one of those weird, random happenings, I was coming out of Aldi's car park in Bury St. Edmunds when a guy stuck his hand up as I approached. I assumed he'd spotted my rather flat front left (another story entirely). Pulled over and opened window - turns out he was just admiring my car, as he used to have one :D
A brief chat followed, which included him passing on the name of a guy who he said is a bit of a Volvo aficionado.

Name given was Tony Davey. Lives somewhere near Bury, possibly Cockfield.

Anyone heard of him, or is he here already?

abdul
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 19:48
Not heard of him

jamesy12345
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 20:11
There's a Tony Davey mentioned here......restored a P1800

http://volvo1800pictures.com/0_car_photos/S/1967/79/1087/Volvo_1800S_67_79_1087_NUV_648E_english.php

jamesy12345
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 20:36
More recent

http://volvoenthusiastsclub.co.uk/news.htm

Darkstar-SFX
Thursday 27th February 2014, 22:44
Nice detective work, Jamesy! It truly is a small world! It's also possible that the couple who spoke to me only live a couple miles up the road from my village, as I'm sure I saw the woman, in their yellow car (not a Volvo), as I drove to work next morning.

I'm guessing Tony may be more your "pipe and slippers" type enthusiast (in the nicest possible way), but hell, I'm nearly there now myself!

Could be a useful contact :D

jamesy12345
Friday 28th February 2014, 04:07
Nice detective work, Jamesy! It truly is a small world! It's also possible that the couple who spoke to me only live a couple miles up the road from my village, as I'm sure I saw the woman, in their yellow car (not a Volvo), as I drove to work next morning.

I'm guessing Tony may be more your "pipe and slippers" type enthusiast (in the nicest possible way), but hell, I'm nearly there now myself!

Could be a useful contact :D

no worries :) I used to work at Teesside uni in research, that must be where my perverse love of finding stuff comes from

The guy will know his stuff about the older volvos!