PDA

View Full Version : £5000 for a 850 1994 gle

spesh
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:35
Just though I would post up about my night last night.
It all started off when me and my mate went home from town about midnight, both of us jumped im my car and off we went, he has always like my 850 and now there is loads of power init he likes it even more, so we went to get optimax then took him home, giving it some beans here and there on the way back to his house, and apon getting to his house he said to me how much you want for you car??? I said it aint for sale, he said Ill give you 5k for it on saturday if you wanna sell it, have a think and let me know he said, but I can't sell it she is my pride and joy. (or can I)???? 5k is alot for a 1994 850 gle. any thoughts?????

Murphy
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:37
Sell it.

The Flying Banana
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:39
Give him my number!!!!!! Its a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

splatt
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:44
£5K....worth every penny....

spesh
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:46
Why sell it murphy????? Got to know these things, yea it would get me something nicer but no where near as much power!!!
Sorry scotty he don't do yellow!!!!!! lolololol :remybussi
But the engine is worth 4k the car bout £50.lol

Murphy
Friday 4th November 2005, 11:56
It is a no brainer - if you can get the money back then do it. Move on to another project. You will sell it one day and YES you will get £50 despite your £4000 input.

I would do it for that reason.

The Flying Banana
Friday 4th November 2005, 12:05
It is a no brainer - if you can get the money back then do it. Move on to another project. You will sell it one day and YES you will get £50 despite your £4000 input.

I would do it for that reason.

I agree with Murphy..the person that will pay this kind of money for this car is very few and very far between. By building such a car and piling money into it you are undoubtedly going to lose out when you sell. By keeping it you will use it alot to its full potential so ultimately something is going to break or mor e work will be required to keep it up to scratch. To have had the car, had the power AND be offered enough to cover the project expenses is an opprtunity for you to try something else. Lets face it, keep it for another 6 mths, more money will be spent, and teh cahnces of getting offered 5k could be non existant...how often have you sen adverts in Autotrader...for sale , 10000BHP...spent 2 million building this car , need cash will accept £500 !!!! it happens everyday. Dont get attached to any car..take the profit and start again!!!!!!

BlackBeast
Friday 4th November 2005, 12:34
I agree with Murphy..the person that will pay this kind of money for this car is very few and very far between. By building such a car and piling money into it you are undoubtedly going to lose out when you sell. By keeping it you will use it alot to its full potential so ultimately something is going to break or mor e work will be required to keep it up to scratch. To have had the car, had the power AND be offered enough to cover the project expenses is an opprtunity for you to try something else. Lets face it, keep it for another 6 mths, more money will be spent, and teh cahnces of getting offered 5k could be non existant...how often have you sen adverts in Autotrader...for sale , 10000BHP...spent 2 million building this car , need cash will accept £500 !!!! it happens everyday. Dont get attached to any car..take the profit and start again!!!!!!

Totally agree with the above comments.

How much would the car be worth as standard, seriously?
How much do all the modifications cost?

siamblue
Friday 4th November 2005, 12:34
Hi SPesh, IMHO so don't take it too personally, i wouldn't sell my car for £4k at the moment if someone offered it to me, i love my car, and it stands apart from a lot of other T5's,
But seeing your car at Avon Park the condition of her, I would take the money,Get a nicer looking car for £3k and start again. you know it makes sense, you won't get another offer like that for sure, and it is a buyers market at the moment not a sellers, i fully understand all you have done to her, but soon you won't be able to do much more as you know, so get a fresh virgin and do it differently,

Gary

Andrew
Friday 4th November 2005, 12:52
Sell it - start again with something younger - it's what we men do!

deerworrier
Friday 4th November 2005, 12:56
if you dont sell yours, send him to me i will bite his hand of a £3k:)

The Flying Banana
Friday 4th November 2005, 13:14
So Spesh..what you thinking..by now you should be following your friend like a bad smell watching his every move just waiting on him drawing out the dosh, camping at his front door if necessary and getting ready to tear his arm from the socket !!!

We all get attached to cars but you ve been there, it is a nice car but move it to someone else and do something else!!!!

spesh
Friday 4th November 2005, 13:37
Ill be honest I know I should sell her but part of me don't want to, I wanna run a 12 in her!!!! engine cost me £600 car was 2k plus turbo and bits and bobs, but if u wanted to buy the engine it would cost over well over 3k, yea the shell aint in the best of condition, but i don't care bout that its whats under the hood I care bout (thats why my engine bay is cleaner than my car) but if I do sell it to him the car will always been known as spesh's T5 (very well known). So if I got a V70 or S70, it is goin to cost me lots of money to get it to the same spec as my 850. I had a once in a lifetime chance with all the S60R gear I had. but i still in 2 minds. SORRY, lol. guess i have come to attached.

S60D5
Friday 4th November 2005, 14:54
He can have mine for a lot less...!

The Flying Banana
Friday 4th November 2005, 15:31
[QUOTE=spesh], yea the shell aint in the best of condition, but i don't care bout that its whats under the hood I care bout (thats why my engine bay is cleaner than my car)

Spesh,...that line says it all, the shell will never be better, the engine can be , but once the shell is needing work and tidied up then you are definately involved in a money pit......get it sold boyo, have a serious think about what wghere you will be with it 6 months down the line, when the engine is nnot as fresh and more money is needed...you could have a much newer Sor V70 R for that money.....

Andrew
Friday 4th November 2005, 15:33
Well spesh - as long as your happy! :P

The Flying Banana
Friday 4th November 2005, 15:43
No disrespect to your car here cos it is an engineering fantasy but if someone offered me 5000 for mine it would be off , I am attached to mine cos it is meant to be rare ( only 200 of them apparently but every time i look up ebay or the Autotrader there is one for sale!!!!LOL) it will be hard to get another one but 5 gees is 5 gees....I would take it, no worries, just memories!!

siamblue
Friday 4th November 2005, 15:44
Well Spesh take a deposit off the guy for £2k then get down the Avon Park and do your 12 then collect the rest of the money,
But i know you will be forever kicking yourself in a 15 sec car as it isn't you, maybe better the devil you know?
It's down to you mate, if you can live with the bodywork and wheels keep her,

Gary.

audimadmike
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:13
You have to sell to him before he regains his sanity!

Mrsmopp
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:16
I wouldn't sell, the time and money you have spent on that car to turn it into the monster that it is is priceless. OK so IF you did decide to sell later down the line you may not get 5k but hey, in the meantime you got to own and race one of the fastest T5's around that you practically built yourself!

x

lance
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:23
I would offer to find your mate a nice one for 5k or less and he can build his own.

Vikingxl
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:35
Dont do it Spesh this car is your baby all that time effort and trouble just to sell it without having any fun.Call me stupid but the car is a one off unique to you and while you could take the money and buy another you dont know what problems you will inherit.keep it and enjoy it all will be clearer after a crate of strongbow.

Engineer
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:36
Slip a ringer under the bonnet :wtf: skim the 5K :saythat:then you can rock and roll mate.

spesh
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:39
He was looking at a 850R but a garage let him down, he just loves the power of mine!! Thanks for all your comments, so much blood not much sweat and load of tears have gone into that car, it's the only one of it's kind in the world with the S60R gear in it (cheaper to buy forged for the 2.3) what most ppl do. don't think I can sell her yet!! If I had the car running for a bit longer maybe I could, but it's still new to the road!

Vikingxl
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:47
Good decision mate i really think you would regret selling it before you have had chance to enjoy all your effort.Its easy to say sell it but its part of you now at least for the time being.
Get out there and enjoy it while you can!

Engineer
Friday 4th November 2005, 18:51
On a more serious note..............There are some things money can't buy.............................................

wanaT5
Friday 4th November 2005, 20:00
sell sell sell sell sell take the money and run

siamblue
Friday 4th November 2005, 20:43
There's a gul saloon on VOC at £3800 it's yours or your mates ;)