PDA

View Full Version : Clutch / Flywheel questions

martin_r_smith
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:04
Hello

I am in a nit of bother trying to locate a SMF for the Tdi. I have been searching around tinterweb and everyone says you cannot use t5 clutch and flywheel on a Tdi, my question is why not?

They are both 240mm with a 20 tooth spline, this is as much as i know so I am after info on input shaft diameter on the t5 and Tdi as i cannot find it anywhere. The only other measurement that may be different i guess is the thickness of the flywheel, But spacers or skimming could remedy this.

Cheers

JUDGENINJA
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:13
What is the gearbox on the TDi?

Just done a Eurocarparts search on a TDi vs my 850 and it is indeed listing a different clutch.

martin_r_smith
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:16
M56 i think, well pretty sure it is. It does list a different clutch but places like CG Motorsport have them listed as the same?

JUDGENINJA
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:21
I have a knackered 850 clutch for a SMF in the Garage if you want the plate to measure it up Before to go out and buy one?

No flywheels though as the spare Los are all DMFs

p fandango
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:27
the 850 TDi engine is an Audi engine so the m56 has been adapted with a different bell housing, which might explain the different clutch

martin_r_smith
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:37
Thats right, but to be honest the clutch isn't the issue its trying to find a SMF that seems to be impossible. But if the dimensions of the petrol model DMF and my DMF are the same surely i can use the SMF from the petrol model?

JUDGENINJA
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:41
It might be the castellations around the edge for the RPM pick up point or similar??