PDA

View Full Version : Newbe looking at a V70 2.5 TDi......Anything to look for??

Scott150
Sunday 23rd February 2014, 19:52
Hi there, Newbe here :-)

Im Scott, originally from Plymouth but now live in Torbay.

I dont yet own a Volvo but as I am now commuting 2 hours a day, my little temporary run-about Micra is just to small and uncomfortable (although been a great car round town).

I also own several 70s and 80s cars that I love to play with so often haul tat about for them, so an estate would be handy. Also good for the Ikea run lol.

Well I went looking at potential cheap to buy and run diesel estates that would fit my bill, and amongst all the Passats and Octavias the Volvo V70 idea got thrown at me with good reviews from some owners I know.

I went looking online and most of the reviews i read were very positive and lots of talk of the bombproof Audi derived engine sounded good.

I always had a soft spot for the old 850 after its use in the BTCC and Ive always fancied a Volvo estate. Now could be that time :-)

So anyway, is there anything I need to look out for and which is the worst and best of the specs available?

I may also be into a little bit of modding (its a bug sorry lol), but only a set of nice wheels, bit of lowering and maybe a touch of tuning...... the basics really. Is there any reasonable springs or coilover suspension available for these or is this sort of thing a bit hard to come by??

Im not a chav BTW, im a 31 year old Engineer that just likes my cars to be a bit individual and hopefully stylish (or funky with my retros lol)

Any advice would be great.