PDA

View Full Version : Rica Diesel Question

S60D5
Friday 4th November 2005, 00:57
Ok, so to get the best out of Rica on a T5 you have to put in 97-99 Ron fuel.

Do you have to put in "performance diesel" (is there such a thing? - BP Ultimate?) with a RICA D5 or will it run ok on any diesel fuel?

Al115
Friday 4th November 2005, 06:16
"Performance diesel"! :hilarious

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Andy
Friday 4th November 2005, 07:38
AFAIK any main brand diesel such as Shell, esso is fine with a RICA'd D5 :D

Andy
Friday 4th November 2005, 07:39
oh .... and yes BP do some sort of performance fuel, however, i think its just a cleaner diesel fuel (am sure i've heard it on radio).

Justin
Friday 4th November 2005, 08:14
"Performance diesel"! :hilarious

Sorry, I'll get me coat.
:rotfl: :shifty: :hilarious

Murphy
Friday 4th November 2005, 08:45
You boys - always making me chuckle with your oil jokes............

Still you need a sense of humor to drive cars as slow as you lot do ;) http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/B_rotfl.gif

volvotuning
Friday 4th November 2005, 08:50
With diesel it's a little easier because the grading works sort of opposite to petrol. Petrol Octance rating is about knock resistance, whereas with diesel the grading is about ease of ignition, hence why diesel grading tends to be climate specific so that cars in certain countries can start more easily.

Also, diesel engines by design don't get pre-ignition knock like petrols can when hot, because in a petrol you are compressing the air/fuel mixture which can ignite prematurely, whereas in a diesel you only compress air which you then ignite by squirting diesel onto it. So the diesel fuel acts as both fuel and spark.

Because of this, pretty much any pump diesel can be used, and the quality tends to be more about cleaning additives.

Adam.

MOB
Friday 4th November 2005, 10:50
Mine isn't tuned, but I always use BP Ultimate diesel

The engine is much smoother, and it is definitely quicker

Honest :bog:

siamblue
Friday 4th November 2005, 10:53
Mine isn't tuned, but I always use BP Ultimate diesel

The engine is much smoother, and it is definitely quicker

Honest :bog:

I used to use BP ultimate diesel in my 2.0 16v astravan and it did ru smoother and was cleaner too.

Gary

S60D5
Friday 4th November 2005, 10:53
Hi Mob - Whats the difference in price between the Ultimate Diesel & Regular stuff?

MOB
Friday 4th November 2005, 16:44
Hi Mob - Whats the difference in price between the Ultimate Diesel & Regular stuff?

I think its about a 5p a litre premium

It hurts to pay 103.9p per litre for the stuff but for the improvements I think its worth it

MOB
Friday 4th November 2005, 16:46
And the other thing is even Mrs MOB can tell the difference - I put normal diesel in it a few weeks ago and she commented that it felt like it was running rough

So if a woman can tell then there must be a diffference :drunk: