PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 98 Manual

T5Noob
Thursday 20th February 2014, 13:26
Hi guys its been a while.

I have a few questions firstly about the Anti rollbar

I have been told the bushes cannot be changed seperately and i would have to replace the whole bar?
when i contacted a Volvo dealer he told me there are 2 types for my car and i could only tell by the colour coding on the bar which would tell me which type i would require.(he mentioned at the same time it would be unlikely that the coding would be found due to the age of the car)
any ideas ?

2nd i had engine miss firing a few months back and found the lead on number 1 had broken down replaced the whole set and changed the coil just incase.
The problem i have now is that when i gun it on your average overtaking out of my way manoeuvre at 3000 rpm ish i sometimes get acceleration lag that some times clears and away i go and other times it wont and i have to pop back in behind the old dear laughing at me.
Any ideas on the cause of it guys?

any help is appreciated

Cheers

Wayne

1 more thing i recently getting shudder on the front end on heavy breaking...the discs and pads are fine as i replaced them 6 months ago and checked them also..

could the shudder be down to CV joint breaking up or antiroll bar

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 20th February 2014, 13:58
hello wayne, this is one for me.
we sell a anti roll bar bush kit for the 21mm and 21.5mm bars that you can use to replace just the bushes.
Volvo don't list them as the original is moulded on.

you can find your chassis code and the size you need by using the info in our listing.
unfortunately we cant do the 20mm bar that some cars have yet, but I am working on it.

if you find your code in the 3rd position is different to the y or 2 designation in the listing, then it will be the 20mm bar you have fitted.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_546_385_389&products_id=6768

for the ignition problem, change your plugs and cap/rotor if you haven't all ready .

regarding the shudder, if it isn't the discs (have the calipers/pads stuck on now causing some warping ? ) then it could be the front control arm bushes but they would have to be well gone to do something like you describe.

Jamie

T5frankie
Thursday 20th February 2014, 16:33
it will probably be knackered wishbone bushes causing the wobble, i replaced mine and was fine after

T5Noob
Thursday 20th February 2014, 22:04
Cheers Jamie for the info just one thing.
i can see how the bracket comes apart that you supply for the bush,but how do you get the bush over the ends of the bar?.
If mine are gone which i should know by the weekend i will order a set from you if i have the correct size bar ofc.
1 more thing how long for delivery as it will be sat in a garage,and could you send them to garage direct when i pay for them

Cheers wayne

T5Noob
Thursday 20th February 2014, 22:07
Cheers T5frankie i will check them out tomorrow i have not long changed one wishbone but worth taking a look again

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 21st February 2014, 10:42
hi wayne, the bushes are split so they can just wrap around.

we can deliver directly to a garage for you when it is ordered online.