PDA

View Full Version : seriously considering selling both my R's

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 13:42
As above thinking of selling the two estates to make way for something newer and more reliable and to use everyday, I've felt a bit flat about Volvo's lately at least I can concentrate on my 740t

Obviously they will both be running with no faults

Is this a stupid decision? Either both go or none,

Was thinking maybe even a big diesel

Jamest5r
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 13:53
Got half a curly wurly if your interested :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 13:54

Too red for you!

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 13:55
Or pink

t5 pete
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:05

Ill better ur offer to a full curly wurly but bustas chewd it abit

V70 Graham
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:10
I thought you were repairing the Red one, how you getting on ?

ExternalError
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:18
if i were you id get rid of ole smokey and keep the red one

Jamest5r
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:36
Too red for you!

That's why it's only half and not a full one :)

jamesy12345
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:55
I've got an Audi A6 diesel manual at the moment, really good - If you are thinking about a big diesel what about one of those, nice motors

Pliskin
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:00
Might be flogging my 2005 A8 3l tdi quattro

merc85
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:03
Keep the 850r sell the v70r, Id be surprised if i still have Blacky by the end of this year not that she's done anything wrong either.

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:04
dosnt matter what he gets he wont keep it anyway. moral off the storey dont push a daily driver beyonds its limits and they wont break.

jamesy12345
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:16
dosnt matter what he gets he wont keep it anyway. moral off the storey dont push a daily driver beyonds its limits and they wont break.

lol I'm saying nowt....my daily driver is knackered :)

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:28
lol I'm saying nowt....my daily driver is knackered :)

my daily is a alfa at the minute. cant afford to drive me volvo at minute.

Jim S70R
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 16:39
Right Frankie if your starting to feel like that then I would certainly part company with both the V70R & 850R, only because any money spent now will only be a waste at a later stage. I went through the same thing with my old car, ended up spending a few £0000.00's on it to try improve my interest which lasted all of 6 months as I ended up selling the car anyway and then regretted spending that extra money!!

It would be a shame if you did sell them both but if your thinking of selling just do it and move on vehicle wise.

Atleast you've still got a Volvo to play with at the end of the day

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 17:22
As above thinking of selling the two estates to make way for something newer and more reliable and to use everyday, I've felt a bit flat about Volvo's lately at least I can concentrate on my 740t

Obviously they will both be running with no faults

Is this a stupid decision? Either both go or none,

Was thinking maybe even a big diesel

Your avatar says get an Rs6 so I don't think you know what you want lol.

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 17:24
i think he should get a m3 like MIKESC70T5 :funkybana

t5 pete
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 17:31
i think he should get a m3 like MIKESC70T5 :funkybana

Been meaning to ask mike about m3's the Don is after a convertible so need to get to know abit about them before we go looking.

john850t5r
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 17:34
Sell me the 850R and get an RS4 Avant - They are superb!

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 18:08

what are you talking about, how have i pushed my daily?

Kingsford G
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 18:20
Newer and more reliable don`t come together I`m afraid.

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 18:29

just trying maybe to be a bit more sensible, i have a remapped v70r as a daily, my 850r as a toy and i have a 740 turbo waiting for me to do something with it, i may just get an e320cdi 7 seater on an 04 plate as a daily/family car and do the 740 turbo up as my new toy/project

AcidicDavey
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 18:40
Get an Alfa, it won't be working long enough for you to get bored of it!

cherry1809
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 18:55
V70 D5 for a daily, 850 for a toy, 740... Just because, and sell the V70R.

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 19:03
what are you talking about, how have i pushed my daily?

how havnt you. you fitted greens with a 3 bar fuel reg and it over fueled like a bitch, then you blew your engine by being stupid with the bleed valve and blaming the intake. again pushing it beyond what the ecu is tuned for. theres a right way and a wrong way. dont take it personaly as thats not hows its meant but im just saying it how i see it.

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 19:03
V70 D5 for a daily, 850 for a toy, 740... Just because, and sell the V70R.

couldnt get a facelift v70 d5 7 seater for the cost of the v70r

stribo
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 19:06
how havnt you. you fitted greens with a 3 bar fuel reg and it over fueled like a bitch, then you blew your engine by being stupid with the bleed valve and blaming the intake. again pushing it beyond what the ecu is tuned for. theres a right way and a wrong way. dont take it personaly as thats not hows its meant but im just saying it how i see it.

I think you're confusing cars mate, he did all that to his 850R, his V70R is his daily. ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 19:07

well mr know it all that aint my daily is it? excuse me if i don't take advice from someone that knows naff all about 850's, its about trial and error, and it was the intake because i drove it fine until i fitted that, i dont use a bleed valve

Biff
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 20:16
Keep the 850r sell the v70r, Id be surprised if i still have Blacky by the end of this year not that she's done anything wrong either.

Now that's a car that would get me back in a Volvo.

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 20:42
well mr know it all that aint my daily is it? excuse me if i don't take advice from someone that knows naff all about 850's, its about trial and error, and it was the intake because i drove it fine until i fitted that, i dont use a bleed valve

trial and error my arse. youve had loads of them now. if you havnt learnt how to tune them by now you never will. 850 t5's have been getting tuned for around 20 years now. so you cant tell me its trial and error. i know enough not to blow up every motor ive owned by trying to tune it on the cheap. if you cut corners itll always come back to bight you. like i said dont take it personaly. i tell it how i see it.

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 20:51
trial and error my arse. youve had loads of them now. if you havnt learnt how to tune them by now you never will. 850 t5's have been getting tuned for around 20 years now. so you cant tell me its trial and error. i know enough not to blow up every motor ive owned by trying to tune it on the cheap. if you cut corners itll always come back to bight you. like i said dont take it personaly. i tell it how i see it.

still isnt my daily which is the issue you raised, my daily is standard bar a map

graemewelch
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 21:03
still isnt my daily which is the issue you raised, my daily is standard bar a map

yeah i get it its not your daily. you have that many cars please forgive me for getting them mixed up

T5frankie
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 21:04
yeah i get it its not your daily. you have that many cars please forgive me for getting them mixed up

my daily is alot less reliable than my 850r which has only ever had one proper problem in the year ive had it

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 21:40

Yes they do lol. Had our 2007 Audi since 2009, now on 70000 miles and never had any issues, just a set of tyres and routine services.

smithy
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 21:41
I would break the v70r keep the 850r for daily and reliable and do the 740 turbo as toy .the money off the v70r would pay for 850r to be put back on the road and get your 740 on the road too.

AndysR
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 22:52
I do think having the V70 and the 850 at the same time is slightly pointless as the two are quite similar, obviously the 850 is more powerful, but having the V70 as a daily will take some of the "special" experience of driving the 850 away. I'd repair them both sell the V70 and get a "cheaper to run" daily and see how you feel about the 850 once it's up and running again. If you still feel the same way after this then sell the 850 but don't sell it half finished as you'll always be thinking what if ;)

cherry1809
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 22:56
I was looking for a facelift V70, but at a grand for a pre facelift diesel, fuggit ;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 20th February 2014, 01:22
I do think having the V70 and the 850 at the same time is slightly pointless as the two are quite similar, obviously the 850 is more powerful, but having the V70 as a daily will take some of the "special" experience of driving the 850 away. I'd repair them both sell the V70 and get a "cheaper to run" daily and see how you feel about the 850 once it's up and running again. If you still feel the same way after this then sell the 850 but don't sell it half finished as you'll always be thinking what if ;)

:stupid: the 850 has the makings of a really competitive car - though the choice builder did make me gasp a little. If you can sort out the teething issues then I think we could all have a great season. If you're still not happy come October then sell the 850R. I don't agree with Graeme - I think there's always going to be issues when you push this hard.

Kingsford G
Thursday 20th February 2014, 01:28
Yes they do lol. Had our 2007 Audi since 2009, now on 70000 miles and never had any issues, just a set of tyres and routine services.

The money frankie looking to put into not going to buy a low mileage newer diesel,over 100k is more like it and thats where u taking your chances really if u get lucky or not.

T5frankie
Thursday 20th February 2014, 05:06

They are totally different in reality one is an auto awd the other a manual fwd, totally different inside and drive totally different, the v70r is a 7 seater with a broken belt and I don't want to rack the miles up on the 850r it's on 98k now will cry wham I see 100, it's also the 3 lots of insurance tax etc

Shinsplintz 101
Thursday 20th February 2014, 06:21
Unless you have very deep pockets get rid off two of them & keep the 3rd as a toy/project. Buy a spacious non Volvo as the daily to keep the missus happy.

I personally would keep the 850R & sell on the other two. That should give you enough funds hopefully to sort the engine issues on the R & leave you enough for future mods/replacement engines/whatever....

Good luck whichever way you decide to jump.

All the best, Morgan

T5frankie
Thursday 20th February 2014, 08:22
Unless you have very deep pockets get rid off two of them & keep the 3rd as a toy/project. Buy a spacious non Volvo as the daily to keep the missus happy.

I personally would keep the 850R & sell on the other two. That should give you enough funds hopefully to sort the engine issues on the R & leave you enough for future mods/replacement engines/whatever....

Good luck whichever way you decide to jump.

All the best, Morgan

Yeah but after 15 or so t5's may be time for some redblock action??