PDA

View Full Version : S60R ABS/Anti Skid Service required + Brake Assist Service required

mr nozzle
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 09:19
I had these 2 messages pop up whilst driving home last night. Are they just regular announcements or are they telling me something is wrong? If something is wrong, would it be something that I could fix myself, to save spending a million pounds? I know how to get a wheel off and prod and poke around a bit but unless it's something obvious, I don't hold much hope.
2006 S60R

silverhorse
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 09:23
You need to get the codes read and then go from there. Hopefully just a hiccup

Harvey
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 09:51
I think a trip to the southern softies meet would be a very good point to start and hope someone has a reader that will do brakes.

mr nozzle
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 14:27
Southern softies meet sounds like a plan!
I've just driven to work and when starting the car, got just one message saying 'Anti skid off'. This cleared just after driving off and now 'no messages'
I've driven 60 odd miles and nothing has come up.
I hope it stays that way!

silverhorse
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 15:35
just one message saying 'Anti skid off'.

That's nothing to worry about. Mine does that from time to time and it clears after a few seconds. Just something to do with the start up cycle. Never had a code relating to that.

JamesT5
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 16:11
I've got experience with this as I've got the same issue.

Mine is the ABS pump motor but it can also be the ABS module, a session on VIDA will confirm it for sure.

JamesT5
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 16:12
By the way, it could also be one or more wheel speed sensors.

Shan4steve
Wednesday 19th February 2014, 17:08
Mine was front drivers abs sensor , changed in 30 minutes
Outside house, could be the abs ring as well