PDA

View Full Version : ex police

dave_mito
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 07:27
My ex plod v70 doesn't have headlight aim adjustment on the switch pack, but has the motors with wires plugged on them. Do the police cars not have the switch for a reason or can I just buy the correct switch qith adjustment and away I go

Also I dont get any messages on the trip computer screen and dont have trip computer functions, but it does have the stalk. Are these disabled in the policr cars, if so would it need software and vida to get it working

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 07:34
weird. what year is your car?

the light levelled is normally next to the dimmer for the Speedo. you might get away with fitting a different switch but knowing these cars, there'll be a software update required too.
the trip computer should have some basic functions, does it tell you if a door is open?

dave_mito
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 07:42
weird. what year is your car?

the light levelled is normally next to the dimmer for the Speedo. you might get away with fitting a different switch but knowing these cars, there'll be a software update required too.
the trip computer should have some basic functions, does it tell you if a door is open?
Dont think there was any sw listed on vida, can get a brand new one for a penny plus vat so worth a try lol

Dont get anything on the screen at all. Do they have a separate fuse? There's no fault codes logged in the dim aparr from the amber warning light has blown

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 08:25
Have you done the DIM code read?
Hold the reset button on the stalk and press the rear foglight button 4 times. (if that doesn't work, hold the read button on the stalk and press the rear foglight button 4 times. It's early and I cant remember which lol)

What year is the car?

Harvey
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 08:29
Has it got HIDs as they don't have a level adjuster ?.

expolicev70t5
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 08:57
My ex plod doesn't have light levelling switch, however it has automatic self levelling adjuster on rear suspension, as I found out when the bracket broke and head lights pointed at ground about 2 foot in front of me!

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 10:06
My ex plod doesn't have light levelling switch, however it has automatic self levelling adjuster on rear suspension, as I found out when the bracket broke and head lights pointed at ground about 2 foot in front of me!

That's the reason I kept asking the year of the car, the self leveling system. (handy if you plan on fitting HIDs too :)

As for the info screen... I've heard of it being disabled on one other car but it wasn't a plodder. The bulbs don't fail on the later models as they're LED.

I think a good VIDA session is in order.

dave_mito
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 10:52
its an 05 plate, it has aftermarket hids. Will stick it on the ramp later and check for a level sensor on the rear.

the screen not working is the annoying bit.

think the faul read something light "amber general fault indicator low voltage"

T5RatherAmusin
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 11:01
mines an 05 explod. I have the halogen headlights atm.
I have the level switch. I have the trip computer.

so what do you get when you press the button on the speedo? and when you scroll with the left stalk what shows o dim?

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 11:18
its an 05 plate, it has aftermarket hids. Will stick it on the ramp later and check for a level sensor on the rear.

the screen not working is the annoying bit.

think the faul read something light "amber general fault indicator low voltage"
Hmmm.. possibly a dodgy LED but it's VERY rare.

Have you done the DIM codes? (as I badly explained above lol)

dave_mito
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 12:52
Hmmm.. possibly a dodgy LED but it's VERY rare.

Have you done the DIM codes? (as I badly explained above lol)

didnt write them done. will plug the diag in again later

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 12:59
No - don't plug anything, this will test the screen...

Hold the read button (I'm pretty sure it's the read button) and press the rear foglight button 4 times. You should get a diagnostic menu on the ecreen.

dave_mito
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 14:04
No - don't plug anything, this will test the screen...

Hold the read button (I'm pretty sure it's the read button) and press the rear foglight button 4 times. You should get a diagnostic menu on the ecreen.
and if it doesnt its goosed?

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 14:11
Possibly, or completely disabled in Vida. Unusual but possible.
The previous owner may have had it turned off to hide a problem - could explain the orange triangle not working too.

Gold 'N' Brown
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 15:58
On the subject of the headlight adjustment, there is a separate fuse for the motors so it's worth checking. I currently have my motors disabled by removing the fuse, as with it in my OS motor is trying to run permanently so makes a loud buzz.

Marc Lenssen
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 17:17
On the subject of the headlight adjustment, there is a separate fuse for the motors so it's worth checking. I currently have my motors disabled by removing the fuse, as with it in my OS motor is trying to run permanently so makes a loud buzz.

Had the same on one of my motors, put a second hand one in and hoppaa.... issue solved....

dave_mito
Friday 14th February 2014, 13:14
Possibly, or completely disabled in Vida. Unusual but possible.
The previous owner may have had it turned off to hide a problem - could explain the orange triangle not working too.
would I need software to re enable it or is it just a command in vida?

M-R-P
Friday 14th February 2014, 13:27
would I need software to re enable it or is it just a command in vida?

Err... not 100% but I would think it's a simple activation through vida.

dave_mito
Friday 14th February 2014, 13:59
hhhmmm, could do with some one that has a vida local

expolicev70t5
Friday 14th February 2014, 14:43
Sounds like a Ricky Martin song :uglyhamme

silverhorse
Friday 14th February 2014, 17:35
Err... not 100% but I would think it's a simple activation through vida.

Only possible activation for it that i could see was this; there is a bit on there about trip computer unit. It's an activation that can be done without a software download. Might do it?????

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p727/1silverhorse1/123_zps8c3c8fbf.png (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/1silverhorse1/media/123_zps8c3c8fbf.png.html)

M-R-P
Friday 14th February 2014, 17:59
hmmm... none of those refer to the info screen :(

dave_mito
Monday 17th February 2014, 09:50
Well fixed the screen. Had been tapped over and the warning light has had the led removed.

Not checked on the back for a level senso, buy I noticed a factory sticker saying about hid lights and high voltage. So maybe it had volvo hids but they have been changed due to the cost if volvo bulbs

M-R-P
Monday 17th February 2014, 10:30
Well fixed the screen. Had been tapped over and the warning light has had the led removed.

Not checked on the back for a level senso, buy I noticed a factory sticker saying about hid lights and high voltage. So maybe it had volvo hids but they have been changed due to the cost if volvo bulbs

What messages has it come up with?

I hope you disconnected the battery before unplugging the speedo or you'll have an SRS warning... :(

dave_mito
Monday 17th February 2014, 11:00
What messages has it come up with?

I hope you disconnected the battery before unplugging the speedo or you'll have an SRS warning... :(
Its come up with urgent engine service req and reduced engine performance.

I did it whilst in traffic, so no didnt unplug battery. just turned the car of whilst I took it out.

Will plug it into the delph later and clear the codes

M-R-P
Monday 17th February 2014, 11:23
Have a look what codes it produces before you clear them mate, could be something simple.