PDA

View Full Version : splutter at hard throttle/high revs

pwalker
Monday 10th February 2014, 22:09
first of all iv got a 96 940 2.3t, only mods soo far are air filter and decat exhaust. its had a new genuine bosh lambda fitted, and new rotor arm, dizzy cap, ht leeds and spark plugs.
i just installed a mbc and after i did so and were testing it...the first couple of times it hit fuel cut so turned it down etc...but after a little bit it started spluttering at hard throttle at high revs assif there was an ignition problem. this was happening at .6/.7 bar. any thaughts?.
the spark plugs were heat range 6 and standard gapping whatever that is could the upped boost be fauling the plugs? do you think i could need a colder grade plug and gap it or could the problem lie somewhere else?, ignitor? cheers

smithy
Monday 10th February 2014, 22:32
first of all iv got a 96 940 2.3t, only mods soo far are air filter and decat exhaust. its had a new genuine bosh lambda fitted, and new rotor arm, dizzy cap, ht leeds and spark plugs.
i just installed a mbc and after i did so and were testing it...the first couple of times it hit fuel cut so turned it down etc...but after a little bit it started spluttering at hard throttle at high revs assif there was an ignition problem. this was happening at .6/.7 bar. any thaughts?.
the spark plugs were heat range 6 and standard gapping whatever that is could the upped boost be fauling the plugs? do you think i could need a colder grade plug and gap it or could the problem lie somewhere else?, ignitor? cheers
Make sure you have no boost leaks and close the gap on the plugs alittle bit .but 6s should be fine at the boost your running .if you want to run higher boost then fit t5 plugs .

pwalker
Monday 10th February 2014, 22:38
pretty confident theres no leaks but will double check, il gap the plugs aswell, cheers

pwalker
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 20:39
....well this is awkward.....erm it would appear that the problem was a very obvious one lmao....running out off fuel lmao, i was thinking it had plenty in as i had a 2 gallon drum i put in the other night but i put half in the bmw aswell which i had forgot haha, i got back in the volvo today looked at the gauge and just realised and thaught *you stupid c**t* haha, orwell atleast the cars running spot on now!