PDA

View Full Version : XC60 ordered... Colour/interior trim suggestions...

Squirtydog
Friday 7th February 2014, 00:36
Well we have finally bitten the bullet. After many months of deliberating we have ordered our first ever truly new car. XC60 2.0 D4 FWD SE. Leather, metallic and tinted glass added.

After a recent hefty bill on the R and a week of touch and go emissions MOT stuff with the S60 we were tempted. With a fairly good PCP plan and 5 year service plan and between £1500 and £2000 per year fuel savings over the V70 R we decided to take the plunge.

Excited? Just a little. Really nice car to drive I thought. 2.0 diesel is VERY impressive. But have to wait until early may for delivery. :yikes:

Gives us a few weeks to alter the order though...

We've ordered Black Sapphire with standard Shimmer Aluminium interior trim with black leather.

I like Bright Silver (a possibility) and Rich Java (total veto). She likes the black.
I quite fancy Urbane Wood interior.

Opinions?

Totally self indulgent questions I know... But then I've never had the opportunity before.

silverhorse
Friday 7th February 2014, 08:47
Happy days mate!!! Beautiful car. Will be the wifes next one as she is always going on about them. Big enough, but not too big for her, unlike the XC90, which is a bit too big for her. And as a bloke, it is still OK to drive, not a hairdressers SUV IMO.
The options debate will go on for ever. As long as you both like it, that is all that matters.
Hope you enjoy it you lucky git!!!!:P

PS, how long 'til you get it delivered?

Squirtydog
Friday 7th February 2014, 11:11
PS, how long 'til you get it delivered?

3 months!

seadog850r
Friday 7th February 2014, 11:48
i'm trying to convince the g/f that when she replaces her DS3 later this year she should look at v40 or xc40,

the more she see's the advert on tv for the XC the more she seems interested.

personally i think any wood interior is a bad choice. Can you get the xc60 in polestar blue?

Squirtydog
Saturday 8th February 2014, 02:02
Not available in polestar. Even if it was I doubt I'd win on that front. Did ask if they could do a one off Flash Green... Wife threatened divorce.

stephenevans99
Saturday 8th February 2014, 09:20
I took my Dad a few days ago to Doves Volvo at Preston with an aim to get him into a Volvo, he wanted to look at a new XC60 but was shown this used 2012 model: http://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/selekt-search-results/Volvo-XC60-5211838/?searchOptions=priceto=50000|mileage=100000|minage =0|maxage=7|vehiclemodelids=14278|engineccto=6000&dealerCode=56804&sortType=4&SrcPg=sr&VSRType=Volvo

tbh honest it was shocking. Hopefully, it was just this particular car. The trims around the door were very creaky and felt cheap, the plastic trim around the centre display was loose, the leather interior was showing signs of wear after 17K :( It was embarrassing & to top things off, the salesman refused to come out of the warm showroom into the car park - he simply locked & unlocked the car from his desk !! wtf. Not a very good experience.

Needless to say a Volvo wasn't purchased....Mercedes Benz is now on the cards.

Squirtydog
Saturday 8th February 2014, 09:42
Excellent news! Just what I wanted to hear.:slap:
I've looked at a couple of used ones and they were fine. Well we're committed now so we'll set how it goes.

stephenevans99
Saturday 8th February 2014, 09:44
I think the XC60s are superb cars...I just think the one we were shown was a lemon which was emphasised by the poor service from Doves.

I'm positive that yours will be spot on and I'll be jealous as hell when you post the pics lol

Squirtydog
Saturday 8th February 2014, 10:27
I'm positive that yours will be spot on and I'll be jealous as hell when you post the pics lol
First thing will be get it home and give it a polish.
Think we're settled on black outside, black inside and black windows inbetween.:cool:

Squirtydog
Saturday 8th February 2014, 10:31
...We did decide that it means that the R will almost certainly have to go though. Can't justify keeping two biguns.
However, the S60 seems to have started up with some interesting creaks and noises just this week. Think it is getting ready to die in readiness. Alarm broken, emissions light on, deep hum now audible on acceleration, high pitched metal on metal noise briefly from the rear yesterday. That and at 188,000 miles the seats are so shot they are killing my back.

Harvey
Saturday 8th February 2014, 11:38
First thing will be get it home and give it a polish.
Think we're settled on black outside, black inside and black windows inbetween.:cool:

Black looks great when clean but it never stays clean.
It's going to to be a long 12 weeks till it turn up,very nice.

Squirtydog
Saturday 8th February 2014, 18:54
Black looks great when clean but it never stays clean.
They did offer a paint treatment which means "you won't have to polish it for 3 years."
I laughed.

It's going to to be a long 12 weeks till it turn up,very nice.
I'll just keep boring you all and talking about it until then.

Harvey
Saturday 8th February 2014, 19:05
They did offer a paint treatment which means "you won't have to polish it for 3 years."
I laughed.

I'll just keep boring you all and talking about it until then.

I think they volvo can give you a online tracker link to see what stage the build is on new cars that are on order.

stephenevans99
Saturday 8th February 2014, 19:09
I think they volvo can give you a online tracker link to see what stage the build is on new cars that are on order.

You need to register here:

http://login.my.volvocars.com/uk/Pages/Sign-In.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=https%3a%2f%2fmy.volvocars.com%2f&wctx=https%3a%2f%2fmy.volvocars.com%2fuk%2f_layout s%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource%3d%252Fuk%252FPages %252Fdefault%252Easpx%253Futm%255Fsource%253Ddirec t%2526utm%255Fmedium%253Demail%2526utm%255Fcontent %253Dbutton1%2526utm%255Fcampaign%253DconfirmAccou ntMyvolvoMyvolvo

Redbrick
Sunday 9th February 2014, 03:12
How can an 'XC' of any variant be FWD? Shakes head in shame... a 'lifestyle vehicle' I guess like an R 'Design'!

stephenevans99
Sunday 9th February 2014, 12:00
I think it's only certain versions that are fwd, most of them are awd (I think) lol

Squirtydog
Thursday 13th February 2014, 22:34
Yep. Only one fwd version available I think.
What car isn't a lifestyle vehicle anyway? You buy it cos is suits your lifestyle. We want a big boot - check. Taller is easier with back back and kids - check. Cheap MPG, cheap tax - check. It isn't a high powered thing which will benefit from AWD and will never be taken off road, which the AWD shouldn't anyway cos they aren't up to it... So FWD makes sense.... Suits out lifestyle at the end of the day.

We looked at the V60 but for some reason it didn't make any real impression. The XC on the other hand feels like a really class car.

...at least it is't an R 'design'. Don't think I could live with that after the real thing.

Mikeiow
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 21:05
2015 model year does now offer Polestar blue. Bit too bright for me.....although we. Are looking at getting a white one.....95% certain.....seen a few! they do look good!!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th March 2014, 21:48
I like the XC60 - local google review of a mercedes benz garage made me laugh.

Do not disturb, they are fast asleep. The 1980's are still a very real time for them. Their showrooms are occupied by a SPT (Sales Prevention Team). Everything is just a bit too much trouble.

a lex
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 17:17
The new MY14 cars really are very nice.

We almost bought one, but the local dealers couldnt be arsed to make a sale (which really pissed me off) and then a colleague offered me his XC90 at a stupid price, so I ended up with that (plus a MINI) instead :)

Enjoy it :)

Squirtydog
Saturday 5th April 2014, 14:25
The new MY14 cars really are very nice.
...We almost bought one, but the local dealers couldnt be arsed to make a sale (which really pissed me off)...

We had that when we walked into our Chester Volvo. Admittedly we were in two very different minds so may not have been taken too seriously.
One, keep the V70 R and buy a V40?
Two, if the price is right stretch to an XC60 and sell the R?
Saleswoman just couldn't be bothered to make an effort on the XC. I gave her the price we had been quoted the previous year. She simply put some figures into the computer and basically said "It'll be that much. I've got customers to see."
In the end we added leather trim, tinted windows, 5 year service package and got the monthly payments down to our budget at Warrrington (same group Rybrook).

Anyway...

...It has arrived!! Finally.

But I can't get a day off until next Thursday to collect it. Agony:mad111:

MacXC60T5
Friday 6th June 2014, 17:40
last post 5th April. Now 6th May. Where are the pictures of the new car. Has there been a lack of interest in post I am waiting for the pictures.

Squirtydog
Saturday 19th July 2014, 21:27
My bad.:redface::redface:Will polish and post some pics ASAP.

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 20:01
Best I could do. Crazy busy at the moment as offspring number two due in 2 months and 'nesting' is keeping me busy. Clearance for a formal photo shoot is unlikely.

Went for 'Bright Silver' metallic. Off black leather and 'Linear Walnut' in the end. A few years ago I would have stayed away from wood but I like it.

Not exciting to drive but returning 44 mpg (600+ miles from a tank), proper comfortable and the D4 2.0 can still pull when you need it.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:15
Does it have the electronic handbrake on the dash?

If so how do you find it with the manual gearbox?

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:38
It does and it it's really good. If you put the handbrake on, it releases as the clutch bites when you pull away. On a hill, you don't put it on at all as it has hill start assist and applies the handbrake for a couple of seconds after you release the foot brake.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:44
Did it take much getting used to?

Only asking as my next V70 may be a manual after having had two geartronics previously.

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:47
Not a bit. Just didn't know about the hill start feature until the first hill. Nice surprise.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:49
Do you have to put the handbrake on for the start/stop to work?

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:53
No. Just release the foot brake and the handbrake is on.

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:55
Sorry, misread... No, stop/start comes into play as soon as you stop and put into neutral. Handbrake or not.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:57
Sorry I meant the engine auto start/stop. From your centre console pic it looks like you have that fuel saving feature fitted.

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 22:58
Corrected the post.
Stop/start comes in as soon as you stop and put into neutral. All of them have it as standard.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 23:00
Thanks. Inquisition over.

Squirtydog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 23:03
Now go purchase.

Blackdog
Thursday 24th July 2014, 23:05
Dealer bought it today. Now it's the numbers game with them.

Squirtydog
Friday 25th July 2014, 00:21
Collection day pic.
One happy little dude was the first to sit in it.
Although he is still coming up with plans to save his money and buy 'the old green car' back off grandad.