PDA

View Full Version : C70 Top Engine Mount Bracket

tichai
Saturday 1st February 2014, 11:16
I'm about to change the top engine mount bracket on the C70 from the round bush one to the square bush type. If anyone wants it for a project or spare let me know and you can have it, free, if not I'll 'bin' it.

I'm at the RR day next Saturday so I can bring it along.

stribo
Saturday 1st February 2014, 11:50
I'm about to change the top engine mount bracket on the C70 from the round bush one to the square bush type. If anyone wants it for a project or spare let me know and you can have it, free, if not I'll 'bin' it.

I'm at the RR day next Saturday so I can bring it along.

Why are you changing it to the square type, it would be cheaper just to polybush it. ;)

Aston
Saturday 1st February 2014, 12:29
Cheaper still fill it with tiger seal that what the honda nerds do

tichai
Saturday 1st February 2014, 12:30
I was in Martin's car last week and the vibration through the steering was not something I want on mine. I decided on the standard square one with the intention of fitting a square poly bush later as the square poly one is a bit more forgiving than the solid round one.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 2nd February 2014, 23:08
You can upgrade the square one later....

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/WobblyDave/Garrett%20GTX%20conversion%20project/4inchMAFandinlet_zps83a1b8bf.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/WobblyDave/media/Garrett%20GTX%20conversion%20project/4inchMAFandinlet_zps83a1b8bf.jpg.html)

tichai
Monday 3rd February 2014, 07:51
yep, that's the one I'll be going for. After seeing the PFV 'how to' I should manage to get it done with only minor injuries :D

Noob question...What's that nice shiny blue thing hanging off the RIP pipe?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 3rd February 2014, 13:19
Garret GTX which I am running, unlike my old Mitsubishi TD04 turbo has no recirc. valve. The TIAL QR (the blue shiny thing) is a recirculating dump valve fitted to my custom rip kit. It recircs into the fresh air feed via the blue pipe. I am using a recirc rather than a BOV because the ME7 does not like losing metered air into the atmosphere.

Fitting the powerflex is not hard, but yes you need to take care & watch your fingers.