PDA

View Full Version : s60 central locking problem

classicswede
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 13:36
2001 S60

Remote central locking has an intermitant problem where when you look the car all the doors lock but the drivers door will pop right back open. It might lock first time but other it can take ten or more goes to get it locked.

Are any common faults that cause this. It will not lock on the key so a bit of a pain to lock the car

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 14:24
Try a uem reset

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock

if no good u need a new lock

mikealder
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 18:24
After trying the UEM reset look closely at the bonnet catches, one has a couple of wires from it, if this one isn't working correctly it can cause your issue, clean it up as dried grease can make it fail to work correctly - Mike

Harvey
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 18:46
The catch with the switch is the n/s one, but I would have thought if the switch was at fault the lights would not flash when you set the alarm.
I had this fault with my car but if I locked some times the indicators would not flash untill the bonnet was droped shut then they would work,but the car would always locked ok.
Just to say I did change the switch as I got one when I did the alarm siren unit as part of the kit.

But you should get the codes looked at as they will say what is wrong,anyone near you with a volvo code reader ?.

classicswede
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 21:37
I had a look at it today for my friend and resetting the UEM and that made no difference.
If it was the bonnet switch would you get the bonnet open warning?

I'm fairly sure the issue is with the drivers door lock as the barrel is not sitting correctly. Are there any problems with replacing the door lock/barrel?

I do need to buy myself a Dice unit and have been meaning to for a long time but just not got around to it yet.