PDA

View Full Version : Front fogs volvo 850 t5

merc85
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 14:53
Hi Blacky my 850 t5 1996 is pre wired for the front fogs, ive wired the switch inside to the connector on the loom, and ive read that i need 5 ( J ) relays 3 under the bonnet (which i have) and the other two under the dash on the relay board.

Where abouts on the relay board under the dash do the other 2 ( J ) relays locate?? does anyone have a pic??

Really appreciate any advise or diagrams

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 16:07
i fitted them on my first just one j jumper under the dash and the switch and fogs that was it fitted them on an s70 too was the same if i remember right oh forgot the fog relay too under bonnet

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?22-Front-fog-light-fitting-guide-for-the-850

merc85
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 18:28
9494424 and 9148992

Anyone got the above relays??

mikealder
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 19:22
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/19/89pr.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0j89prj)

2/2 and the 34/13 bridge from the wiring diagram, if you don't fancy standing on your head take the scuttle panel and release the fuse box, it will lift up enough to fit the top left relay and avoids scratched arms - Mike

merc85
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 19:35
thanks mike ur a star ;)

AndysR
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 22:04
Fuse ;)

foammanmark
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 22:08
On the subject of front fogs, I've just ordered these bulbs:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370961560868?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Don't know if there any good though........

AndysR
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 22:16
Let me know what they're like as I'm looking to upgrade mine, not that I ever use the front fogs except for the occasional picture.. Lol

foammanmark
Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 22:18
Let me know what they're like as I'm looking to upgrade mine, not that I ever use the front fogs except for the occasional picture.. Lol

No problems, will do. I'm trying to get a similar light from all the front lights after fitting the 6000k Osram led sidelight bulbs to the projectors. Still leaves my dipped beam to sort though.

foammanmark
Friday 24th January 2014, 15:44

The bulbs have arrived, so I'll do a before and after tomorrow hopefully.

M-R-P
Friday 24th January 2014, 16:10
The bulbs have arrived, so I'll do a before and after tomorrow hopefully.

Do a side by side Mark, one with the old and one with the LED.

I've tried LED headlight bulbs before and although they were perfectly white, they just didn't go bright enough.

These are 5xcree units so they should kick-out a fair bit of light.

I opted for HIDs in my fogs now, to match everything else.

foammanmark
Friday 24th January 2014, 16:34
Do a side by side Mark, one with the old and one with the LED.

I've tried LED headlight bulbs before and although they were perfectly white, they just didn't go bright enough.

These are 5xcree units so they should kick-out a fair bit of light.

I opted for HIDs in my fogs now, to match everything else.

Will do, but it will be in the daylight, and we should still be able to see the difference.

martybelfastt5
Friday 24th January 2014, 16:38
i like to run 501s or similar in the fogs to match the side lights getting low rate fog bulbs isnt easy when trying........had a gte before bought new fog bulbs as they where needed when switch them on they barley lit up where only 10w brought them back lol now hunting the place for similar for the 850 :redface:

foammanmark
Saturday 25th January 2014, 17:42

Had a mess with the bulbs this morning, and they the won't fit easily.......lol. So no pics at the mo..............and I'm now waiting until after the MOT on Monday before messing again. The bulb base is a different shape with no 'flat edge'.