PDA

View Full Version : Whether to Remap My V50 D4?

Miles Safer
Monday 20th January 2014, 13:29
I got my 2010 V50 D4 R Design just before Christmas & I am thinking of a remap to boost the BHP from 177 to 207ish.
On ringing around, Shark & Archer Performance I find that the remap is not expected to be a simple one via the OBD port but a more involved ECU removal is necessary. This is due to my ECU being encrypted & PIN protected by Volvo which will need accessing/hacking.
Should I be put off the whole idea & accept my V50 as standard, or should I rely on the tuners saying they can do it?
Any advice would be great. Thanks.

silverhorse
Monday 20th January 2014, 16:44
PICS PLEASE!!!

Welcome to forum mate.

If you go for a reputable Volvo tuner, they will know whats what and you will be fine. They will give you a warranty. Rica seem to have the best engineered maps, so may be worth giving them a call.

Should you do it.....?????
i think you want to, don't you!!!

M-R-P
Monday 20th January 2014, 16:53
The torque increase on that engine will be substantial to say the least, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to the BHP figures, it'll be quick.

It might be worth giving HLM in Bromsgrove a call, I think they can map it through the OBD but it depends on the model I believe.

Welcome aboard by the way. Why not pop over to the "Introduce yourself" section and show us some piccies :)

p fandango
Monday 20th January 2014, 19:29
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/59/9axd.jpg

Miles Safer
Monday 20th January 2014, 23:22
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/59/9axd.jpg

As a former fat(ish) kid I find this deeply offensive.
And very funny.
#confused.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 00:51
I've got a tuned 2.0 S40 R-Design (MY2008) - HLM are the way to go - proven track record of tuning diesels. Worth every penny to get more MPG & more torque (when you want it). They can also supply DPF deletes.

Chad
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 09:50
GRN have tuned several D2/D3/D4 variants via the obd port via Rica without any issues.

I wouldnt go down the dpf deletion route as it will be a MOT failure, new rules are being implemented that vehicles fitted with a dpf from factory must have one present at MOT time.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:10
There's the DPF delete which is undetectable (empty the box and put it back on)

p fandango
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:25
As a former fat(ish) kid I find this deeply offensive.
And very funny.
#confused.
Certainly wasn't meant to be offensive, please accept my apologise. As a fat bloke with a diesel (with a cone filter fitted) I'm even more confused why I posted it lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:41
I'm offended by the fact that you're offended

Right, that's it, I'm off.

I hate everybody.

I won't be back.

This place sucks ass...

I'm going now, bye.

You're all horrible to me.

I'm gone.

For good.

Bye.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:41
Miss me?

V70 Graham
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:57
I take it you'll be logging in every 2 mins to see if we're talking about you !