PDA

View Full Version : Is the v70 R a better drive than 850 R

simonc
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 23:34
Iv'e got a 850R auto Estate & possibly thinking of changing it for a newer V70 R. Had a quick look on autotrader & most seem to be AWD versions, doesn't seem to be many V70 R estate's for sale either, are they just as hard to find as the 850 R's. So are they a better car than the 850 R or not ? probably spend around 12k on one.

Thanks Simon.

simonc
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 23:49
I take it Volvo stopped making the V70 R for a while as all i can find for sale is a couple of 98 & 99 T reg models but nothing a little later in the revised V70 shape.

Simon.

Andrew
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 23:55
I take it Volvo stopped making the V70 R for a while as all i can find for sale is a couple of 98 & 99 T reg models but nothing a little later in the revised V70 shape.

Simon.

V70R in the latest shape are rare as rocking horse teeth... and most of them are umm geartronic. They are out there though.

Andrew.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 09:17
A P2 V70R is a tough find, they still very much hold their value too so I am not even sure what sort of budget you would need. The reviews are that they are a pretty damn good drive - a couple of folks have done test drives and only had good things to say about them.

x

driftsnapper
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 09:29
Hi

I have a 53reg V70R AWD Manual and all i can say is its superb!

Cost me £26k a couple of months ago from Volvo in Bham, which i think is good value for money considering a new one with the same spec would top £44K.

They are rare, i havent seen another one in my area since getting mine.

Regards

Paul

Andrew
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 09:31
I've yet to see a V70R p2 under £23k - so hope there is a big budget to hand.

fraz13
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 10:18
The guy's talkin about P1 a would think going by this...

Iv'e got a 850R auto Estate & possibly thinking of changing it for a newer V70 R. Had a quick look on autotrader & most seem to be AWD versions, doesn't seem to be many V70 R estate's for sale either, probably spend around 12k on one

Most people say to stick to FWD but the people with AWD dont fault them so its your call (P2's are all AWD)

A think there were more AWD than FWD tho and a would say that more would be Estate, dont think they did a AWD saloon although a could be wrong

Most av seen have been '98-'99 so mibees only made them a few years, ma S70R is '98 and a think most other peoples on here are '98 aswell

You should get one for just a bit more than half your budget going by the figures of people that have bought recently

the underlord
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 00:02
I like the 70 series more than 850, just for the painted trim, and the interior differences. 70 series is a lil more 'refined' in my opinion.. and the engines and suspension are the same... so basicaly you're going on which styling you like more.

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 22:37
The guy's talkin about P1 a would think going by this...
yes thats what i thought he meant too

after the 850's they did make them in the P1 V70's 97/98/99 (and most seem to be 98 models) even though they did continue to make the other P1 series into 2000 models.

just checked now, and Vadis doesnt even list the 2.5 Turbo engine for the P1 2000 model as it go's, so what i just said does sound right.