PDA

View Full Version : Brake Upgrade

BigJC
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 21:24
I seemed to remember my old T5's went better than they stopped, the ex-police one was meant to have uprated discs but I'm not so sure it did!

Is it worth simply uprating the discs, pads to greenstuff and ss hoses with Dot 5 fluid?

My cash for the minute has obviously gone on the car so a huge caliper/disc conversion isnt an option.

Any advice appreciated!

dicky b t5
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 21:36
Brembo Disc's and Ferodo DS 2500 Pad's.....!
This seems to be a recommended set up by a few peeps on here.....

Don't think you'll go far wrong. :)

Engineer
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 21:55
I seemed to remember my old T5's went better than they stopped, the ex-police one was meant to have uprated discs but I'm not so sure it did!

Is it worth simply uprating the discs, pads to greenstuff and ss hoses with Dot 5 fluid?

My cash for the minute has obviously gone on the car so a huge caliper/disc conversion isnt an option.

Any advice appreciated!

Save your money and go fixed caliper when you are flush.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 22:31
Save your money and go fixed caliper when you are flush.

Agreed, save your money and do it properly first time round at a later date. Obviously if your discs and pads are on their limits already then get down to gsf and get some 302mm brembo discs, pad choice is as normal, ferrodo are well regarded on this site, pagid are highly regarded on many other sites.

Big brake conversion (BBK), hows about Porsche 996 twin turbo/GT3 monobloc calipers, rotors and pads, would have to find a source for the ally bells, brackets and braided hoses. For the rear, hows about an S60r conversion. At the end of the day, its how much money you have/want to spend.