PDA

View Full Version : New Pegs on their way.....can't wait.

V70-R-T5
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 18:59
New set of 18" Anthracite Pegs are on their way to replace the silver 17's on the V70 R. Can't wait!!!

Now just got to decide on which tyres to go for........... Hmmmm, P Zero Rosso's, Sport Maxx RT's, Pilot's..decisions,decisions.....

Harvey
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:06
Keep them for the summer & 17 for winter.

What are the potholes like in your part of the world.

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:10
go for vredestein vortis mate! ;)

stribo
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:32
Stay away from the Pirellis.

claymore
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:37
Syron Street Race

rikcougar
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:40
I have PZero`s on the S60, dry grip is astonishing but not great in the wet

That said, who wants to drive like a t*t in the wet?

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:44
or sell me your 17s lol

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:45
I have PZero`s on the S60, dry grip is astonishing but not great in the wet

That said, who wants to drive like a t*t in the wet?

i do! because i can! lol :funkybana

Jamest5r
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:56
Syron Street Race

Loads of fun in the wet :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 20:02
Loads of fun in the wet :)

dunno what your problems are mine are awesome in the wet

Jamest5r
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 20:12
dunno what your problems are mine are awesome in the wet

Tbh not really pushed mine in the wet only time its been driven in the wet was a mad rain storm on the way to Trax last year and with standing water on the motorway it was not good lol

T5frankie
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 20:17
Tbh not really pushed mine in the wet only time its been driven in the wet was a mad rain storm on the way to Trax last year and with standing water on the motorway it was not good lol

i dont suppose any tyre would be good in that situation, ive really pushed mine around wet corners and it grips nicely

Jamest5r
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 20:26
i dont suppose any tyre would be good in that situation, ive really pushed mine around wet corners and it grips nicely

Maybe ill try one day but i dont drive mine in the wet lol unless to or from a meet

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 23:38
Just took my 18" pegs off and put the 16" Persus on, sooo much more comfortable, plus they have better qualtiy tyres on, Dunlop Bluresponse which seem a lot more grippy than the ones I took off.

Am looking at getting some Nokian WRA3 tyres fitted for the winter.

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 23:50
I found P-zero rosso to grip quite well when you get them red hot but cold they're useless and in the wet they're bloody dangerous, especially if you have a heavy, fwd car with lots of grunt.
for the money, you won't beat Avon ZV5. grippy in all but very cold weather, quiet, great in the wet and not far off rossos when abused.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 23:57
I found P-zero rosso to grip quite well when you get them red hot but cold they're useless and in the wet they're bloody dangerous, especially if you have a heavy, fwd car with lots of grunt.
for the money, you won't beat Avon ZV5. grippy in all but very cold weather, quiet, great in the wet and not far off rossos when abused.

Avon zz3 and zv5 great tyres for the money.I had a brilliant grip from zz3 dry and wet.Martin has zv5`s.Grop and comfort zv5`s would b my choice.

M-R-P
Thursday 16th January 2014, 00:00
and my rear tyres lasted about 30k mile!

225 x 45 x 17 were 170 a pair, fitted and balanced.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 16th January 2014, 00:12
Has to be Goodyear Eagle F1's all the way for me, best all rounder I have ever bought... the fact the traffic rozzers round here use them too must mean something?

M-R-P
Thursday 16th January 2014, 00:15
Has to be Goodyear Eagle F1's all the way for me, best all rounder I have ever bought... the fact the traffic rozzers round here use them too must mean something?

they were on mine when it was decommissioned. didn't have a go with them myself. wouldn't mind trying them as a comparison but you know how it is, once you find something you like...

LeeT5
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 19:38
From past experience, Rosso's are rubbish! They don't last that long and they are noisy and crap in corners.
Vredesteins are great tyres but if you want performance and a long lasting tyre that also looks the dogs nuts, then you have to go with Dunlop sport Maxx RT.
the outside 25% edge of the tyre is stiffer to aid cornering and the side wall is an absolute gem to smear Meguires Tyre gel onto!!! Lovely and smooth!!!

I have the RT's and at the moment, will stick with them. Thou have have my winters on at the moment.

Jimmie
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 20:22
Hi Lee I fitted the dunlops and find them noisy do you find the same ?

LeeT5
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 20:29
Hi Lee I fitted the dunlops and find them noisy do you find the same ?

Noisy? Compared to what?

JamesT5
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 20:51
My Goodride budget winter tyres have been brilliant in the wet and dry, excellent grip even under WOT where as before the standard Kendar tyres would slip and skid in the wet.

For £230 for a set of 4 I really am very impressed with them, they've transformed the car!

LiamT4
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 21:05
Avon zz3 and zv5 great tyres for the money.I had a brilliant grip from zz3 dry and wet.Martin has zv5`s.Grop and comfort zv5`s would b my choice.

I have zz3's on the front of my car now, after having them on the s70 as well. I've always found them good in the dry but bloody excellent in the wet, they just seem to cut straight through standing water. The only downside I've found with them is that they can tramline a bit, but I've found that seems to be the case with a lot of directional tyres. The zz3s seemed pretty good in the snow too considering they're not a winter tyre.

For a premium tyre that are excellent in the dry, I like continental sport contacts, they just seemed to grip really well when pushing hard, nowt special in the wet though.

p6000's are sh*te though, had them on my t4 and hated them and the previous owner of my current car fitted them too, was glad to get them off (off the front anyway).

Jimmie
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 21:15
Noisy? Compared to what?

Whatever winters the kid fitted plus his toyos /pirellis
They're nearly as noisy as the grabber at's I have on the toyota

V70-R-T5
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 21:38
Thanks for all the replies.

Lots to take in and think about.

At the moment I'm looking at Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's, Continental Super Contact 5's and Vredestein Vorti's. However, I had Goodyear Eagles on my 840 Ci BM which were great and I have had Avon ZV5's on the wife's T5 which also did the job. It's just now having AWD, I just wondered if there a preference to what is better/suitable?

The plan is to wait until the summer months (well until when the clocks go forward in March) to fit the 18's, so I have a few weeks to mull it over.

Appreciate your comments guys.

V70-R-T5
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 21:43
Keep them for the summer & 17 for winter.

What are the potholes like in your part of the world.

That's the plan Harvey, either that or the wife may find them on her T5.

Potholes!!! Don't get me started .....local Roads Authorities and the state of the roads Grrrrr. Seriously though, generally they aren't too bad but some parts around here are horrendous. Far distance observations and quick reactions help but you'll always hit that new one that's appeared overnight when your in the line of traffic in the morning.