PDA

View Full Version : 855 glove box lock out fault

ripper
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 18:02
After researching the archives i know that this is a thread that has come up many many times, but please bear with me.

I am aware that in order for me to open my glove box i need to release the latch mechanism. Even though i have probably opened my glove box a million times i cannot picture in my mind what the latch mechanism or catch looks like now.

What i would like to do is to open my glove box without damaging the door by drilling it, so if some kind fellow members could possibly help me with some pictures of the glove box whilst open and let me know which way i need to push/twist the locking mechanism that'd be a great help.

Especially as my stereo fascia is in there, along with a belated birthday present i need to get to a friend....!!! :slap:

vt5
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 10:39
good luck trying to drill it,

it is easier and faster to pry it back and cut the latch with a hacksaw blade.

You can replace the front of the door seperately if it gets scuffed,(they break into 2 parts) but mine got scuffed and you couldnt see it unless it was open.

Took me 40 minutes approx and nothing more than a couple fo spanners to pry the door and a hacksaw blade. :)