PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on dual exhaust VOLVO V70R AWD 1998

rise94
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:02
Hello Vikings!
I need your opinion ... and especially those who have a V70R AWD 1998 .
I did made ​​my exhaust line 3 " custom like this:
-Downpipe 3 "
-Catalyst powersprint 200cspi - 3"
-Magnaflow resonator 14419- 3" (the latter has not removed the drone )
-Dual exhaust MAGNAFLOW 3 "
In this configuration I had to put mutes in diameter 2.25 " to reduce drone in the cabin of the car so it became unbearable ... but I still hear ...
Today I sold my dual exhaust and I gave my silent volvo original waiting to find a new exhaust ..
If AWD was built as the FWD I would have bought the TME exhaust but it does not rise.
For those who have a DP 3 " with sports catalyst , what you mounted as catback dual exhaust and especially what diameter ?
TME ?
BSR ?
JETEX ?
Another model but what?
Today I will keep my DP 3 "and my sport catalyst but I want more resonance in the cabin.
Specify me if you have a drone or not this is really important.
The videos do not hear this drone.
Thank you in advance.
Yann

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/90/10/320.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1551&u=13709010)

T5RatherAmusin
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:12
lovely dude! just put a bigger centre box in or an extra one ;
is that a toe bar tho?!

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:13
Nice :D

Liking the use of the fork lift as a car lift LOL

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:31
SO .................. You CAN get a 3in downpipe on a 1998 AWD R......!!!! Since ive been a Volvo owner for nearly 2years , ive always been told its impossible to have a 3in downpipe on my 1998 AWD R. But you are living proof it can be done. Where did you purchase to DP?? Or where did you get it made??

graemewelch
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:34
SO .................. You CAN get a 3in downpipe on a 1998 AWD R......!!!! Since ive been a Volvo owner for nearly 2years , ive always been told its impossible to have a 3in downpipe on my 1998 AWD R. But you are living proof it can be done. Where did you purchase to DP?? Or where did you get it made??

those who say it cant be done as those who cant. you need a middle silencer to kill the drone or better quality silencers

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:38
Mr Welch..... I think you need to convince this man to loan you his DP for making your own version..... Especially while his Car has no exhaust to drive with currently!!! I would be your first customer for sure

graemewelch
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:45
Mr Welch..... I think you need to convince this man to loan you his DP for making your own version..... Especially while his Car has no exhaust to drive with currently!!! I would be your first customer for sure

just a oe one would do. no disrespect to this guy but i know nothing about the design or fit. not worth me taking a chance of making my self look stupid.

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:47
Ok, I might look into taking off mine soon then and sending it to you. But atleast you know it can be done.

graemewelch
Sunday 12th January 2014, 16:52
some one on here had a spare one. might of been kingsford

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:11
Thats to my taste,looks the nuts mate,just spot on.

stribo
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:23
Looking good mate.

merc85
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:27
That looks spot on :)

rise94
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:28

I am surprised at your response because the DP 3 " exists in IPD/TME and Ferrita.
I did not want to buy a DP in TME or IPD but they do exist for R AWD . The only problem is the price! Too expensive !

My English is not very good but I 'll take an English expression to answer this question ... the construction of the full exhaust is a "one off" . Everything was custom made.
I only bought the catalyst flanges connections, resonator and muffler.
Everything was builds by a friend and I have all the photos of the assembly. I can put all the pictures in a new post if someone cares ... It is in French but I could translate after ... Are you interested to see the whole building ?

jamesy12345
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:36
I am surprised at your response because the DP 3 " exists in IPD/TME and Ferrita.
I did not want to buy a DP in TME or IPD but they do exist for R AWD . The only problem is the price! Too expensive !

My English is not very good but I 'll take an English expression to answer this question ... the construction of the full exhaust is a "one off" . Everything was custom made.
I only bought the catalyst flanges connections, resonator and muffler.
Everything was builds by a friend and I have all the photos of the assembly. I can put all the pictures in a new post if someone cares ... It is in French but I could translate after ... Are you interested to see the whole building ?

The TME downpipe is 70 mm and according to the site below does not fit our RHD drive AWD 'R's

http://www.tme.se/e_main.htm

rise94
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:41
The TME downpipe is 70 mm and according to the site below does not fit our RHD drive AWD 'R's

http://www.tme.se/e_main.htm

Yes it's true i hope….The diameter is 70mm for TME.

lovely dude! just put a bigger centre box in or an extra one ;
!

Yes but there is no place under a AWD R…..

those who say it cant be done as those who cant. you need a middle silencer to kill the drone or better quality silencers

Yes on the principle of best silencers, or my issue with the dual exhaust TME / BSR or other.

No one on your board mounted to a dual exhaust?

V70 Graham
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:44
That sounds right, you can't get DP's for these cars in RHD form.

rise94
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:56

Nobody can do it at home?
You have one of the most beautiful country in terms of automobile construction. You also have good tuners ... and person for welding pipes custom
My friend could do but it would take a VOLVO RHD to make the first model home in France ....
Make DP distance is often problematic and there is not much space with the shaft .... the slightest error of my friend and it could not mount .... you know?

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:58
Yep, sounds right, the steering connection and crash protection are in the way for a start.

graemewelch
Sunday 12th January 2014, 18:08
be good to see some pic of our right hand drive cars with simular pictures

Biff
Sunday 12th January 2014, 22:45
It can be done, it just can't be 70mm past the steering rack & transfer box so kind of what's the point?
My awd has a standard dp to a removeable sleeved pipe should I ever need to fit a cat. It's then 2.5" pipe all the way to just before my axle where a Jetex/bsr twin system does the job.
I have no drone at any revs.
Lovely tow bar my friend, yours looks my cars lhd identical twin. ;)

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 12th January 2014, 22:55
It can be done, it just can't be 70mm past the steering rack & transfer box so kind of what's the point?
My awd has a standard dp to a removeable sleeved pipe should I ever need to fit a cat. It's then 2.5" pipe all the way to just before my axle where a Jetex/bsr twin system does the job.

No issues with MOT and emission's then with out the CAT?

Biff
Sunday 12th January 2014, 22:56
No issues with MOT and emission's then with out the CAT?

No comment your honour. ;)

graemewelch
Sunday 12th January 2014, 22:59

just a thought but has no one considered routing the pipe the other side of the steering box. ive never seen under one of these cars go can only guess whats going on. if 3" if impossible then the next best thing is go do 70 or 64mm just befor the steering box. the standard pipe is only 57mm which id say is to small once you start tuning the car

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 12th January 2014, 23:06
just a thought but has no one considered routing the pipe the other side of the steering box. ive never seen under one of these cars go can only guess whats going on. if 3" if impossible then the next best thing is go do 70 or 64mm just befor the steering box. the standard pipe is only 57mm which id say is to small once you start tuning the car

I think you might be on to something. If your not running the AWD then the lack of Prop should allow for more space and an option to run the other side of the transfer box. Im going to get under my car if its not pissing down tomorrow and take some snaps.

Biff
Sunday 12th January 2014, 23:09
I didn't get much time to measure it properly but I did get my vernier out, it may be possible with an off round shape developed but again I didn't measure the width of the gap. I reckon enough time & effort to pattern develop it I suppose it would be possible but it would take a considerable time & skill to do it.
Getting the old dp off is a big enough mission. Think putting a fat boy on would result in a bit of lube & skinned knuckles.
It's as tight as a nuns chuff.

MoleT-5R
Monday 13th January 2014, 05:06
watching with interest, as this requires some some new system in the near future and I love those rear tailpipes in the first post
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b526/MoleT5R/my%20cars/DSCN3000_zpsd4fa5c62.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/MoleT5R/media/my%20cars/DSCN3000_zpsd4fa5c62.jpg.html)
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b526/MoleT5R/my%20cars/DSCN3008_zps26b98205.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/MoleT5R/media/my%20cars/DSCN3008_zps26b98205.jpg.html)

iancho
Monday 13th January 2014, 08:10
I'm also watching with interest, great thread for us AWD boys :smile:

rise94
Monday 13th January 2014, 12:59
I have not been able to dismantle naturally my original DP ... it took cut into 3 pieces because it does not want to leave!!
I think the original DP is mounted on the engine and that the assembly is fastened in the engine compartment.

For my oval tailpipes 140x90 and they are just catalog FOX Germany.

don kalmar union
Monday 13th January 2014, 17:16
It is quite correct to say that you just cannot get a 3" d'pipe into the available space in a RHD 850 or V70 AWD. There just is no room, whereas it is quite possible on the HLD cars but you do have to bring the pipe straight across the back of the engine bay as the OP can be seen to have done.

As has been previously mentioned Ferrita do make a twin outlet stainless system that fits after the first box after the cat.

You can find it here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-850_s70_v70_c70-exhausts/ the last item on the page....price includes VAT and UK mainland delivery.

Regards, Don.

T5frankie
Monday 13th January 2014, 17:20
It is quite correct to say that you just cannot get a 3" d'pipe into the available space in a RHD 850 or V70 AWD. There just is no room, whereas it is quite possible on the HLD cars but you do have to bring the pipe straight across the back of the engine bay as the OP can be seen to have done.

As has been previously mentioned Ferrita do make a twin outlet stainless system that fits after the first box after the cat.

You can find it here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-850_s70_v70_c70-exhausts/ the last item on the page....price includes VAT and UK mainland delivery.

Regards, Don.

really? i have a straight 3" downpipe on my 850r

jamesy12345
Monday 13th January 2014, 17:24
really? i have a straight 3" downpipe on my 850r

I think he meant AWDs

T5frankie
Monday 13th January 2014, 17:31
to be fair bloody awd is doing my head in already, simple fuel pump change on a v70r awd is a right crap job on an awd

jamesy12345
Monday 13th January 2014, 17:44
to be fair bloody awd is doing my head in already, simple fule pump change on an 850 is a right crap job on an awd

I liked mine but happy with my FWD now, no worries about tyre tread and a whole 2.75" down pipe on no bother. Grip was great I have to say on the AWD

stribo
Monday 13th January 2014, 18:23
to be fair bloody awd is doing my head in already, simple fule pump change on an 850 is a right crap job on an awd

You haven't got an AWD 850 though. :P

T5frankie
Monday 13th January 2014, 18:40
You haven't got an AWD 850 though. :P

whoops lol