PDA

View Full Version : 854 heated rear screen issue.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th January 2014, 19:09
I've checked fuses 11 and 28(if my memory is right), and they're both OK. The other things on those fuses are working as well. However, I have no heated rear screen, so wondered what else it could be? The fuses that I checked were the ones that had rear de-mister against them.

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:33
If it`s the same switch for heated mirrors as well its either the relay or the switch.

Harvey
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:43
Does the switch light up when turned on,do you have 12v at the connection on the screen if so test the other side with the plug off to see if you have 12v there,then check the earth connection on the body.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th January 2014, 20:45
If it`s the same switch for heated mirrors as well its either the relay or the switch.

The heated mirrors seem OK, and fuse 11 is for them and the rear screen. Fuse 28 is for the seatbelts not fastened warning lights and the heated rear screen, but the seatbelt lights are working. I'll have another mess with her tomorrow.

foammanmark
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:00

Both fuses look OK, but I'm going to change them anyway. I'm also going to replace the relay as per the below:-

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9792

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:05
Both fuses look OK, but I'm going to change them anyway. I'm also going to replace the relay as per the below:-

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9792

Have u checked the connections to the back window as they could just corrode and have no connection,switch the window heat on and check the power using a multimeter.If its just the tail gate it is possible a broken wire where it goes from the shell to the tail gate.Do the rear side windows heat?

foammanmark
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:09
Have u checked the connections to the back window as they could just corrode and have no connection,switch the window heat on and check the power using a multimeter.If its just the tail gate it is possible a broken wire where it goes from the shell to the tail gate.Do the rear side windows heat?

I've not checked the connections, and it's the saloon Gul that has the issue. I'll check this brown relay 208, and let you know if that sorts it. I'm sure the heated mirrors are OK.

foammanmark
Sunday 12th January 2014, 17:42
Bidding on the required relay on the bay. £4.00 at the moment, plus a bit of post.

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th January 2014, 18:34
I had lots of relays somewhere but can`t get my head round where I put them when moved.

foammanmark
Sunday 12th January 2014, 18:35
I had lots of relays somewhere but can`t get my head round where I put them when moved.

You've probably have the one I need, but not to worry. A208, part no. 9148300 is the one I'm after.

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th January 2014, 18:55
You've probably have the one I need, but not to worry. A208, part no. 9148300 is the one I'm after.

I`ll try my luck tomorrow.

foammanmark
Sunday 12th January 2014, 18:58
I`ll try my luck tomorrow.

Just won the auction as it's finished. £7.50 delivered, so if that sort's it, I'm happy. Thanks anyway.

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th January 2014, 19:26
Just won the auction as it's finished. £7.50 delivered, so if that sort's it, I'm happy. Thanks anyway.

Keep us posted.

foammanmark
Monday 13th January 2014, 18:37
With the cold morning today, I sussed out that I have neither heated mirrors or rear window. The switch lights up and that's it. The relay is on it's way, so hopefully later this week that'll resolve this.

Kingsford G
Monday 13th January 2014, 19:32
If the mirrors don`t heat either hopefully relay is to blame.

Kingsford G
Friday 17th January 2014, 20:17
How did this one go Mark?

foammanmark
Friday 17th January 2014, 20:32

Lol!! You haven't seem my thread tonight about trying the change the relay then? I tried to get at it from under the dash, but couldn't even see it easily, never mind pull it. I'm going in from the top tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for asking anyway.

Kingsford G
Friday 17th January 2014, 20:48
Lol!! You haven't seem my thread tonight about trying the change the relay then? I tried to get at it from under the dash, but couldn't even see it easily, never mind pull it. I'm going in from the top tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for asking anyway.

Too tired to pay attention lol

foammanmark
Friday 17th January 2014, 21:49
Too tired to pay attention lol

Fair enough- early night then? Let you know tomorrow if I've sorted it, and the seat back as well. My target tomorrow is 1) relay, 2) seat back in hopefully fixed and 3) glove compartment lid hinge fix.

foammanmark
Sunday 19th January 2014, 14:04

Over the moon to say that I now have heated door mirrors, and I think the rear window is OK too. So the issue was the relay, but I also had to swap my nearside door mirror lens for a spare that I had, as only the offside worked immediately after doing the relay. Many thanks to Mike Alder for the picture thread on what needed removing etc.

Kingsford G
Sunday 19th January 2014, 17:14
Happy days,u can see where u reversing no

foammanmark
Sunday 19th January 2014, 17:19
Happy days,u can see where u reversing no

Yes, getting through the jobs with help from here and clips on youtube(the seatback job). Didn't get round to the glove compartment lid fix, so one for next weekend.