PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Tuning

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 07:47
Hi all

Ive owned my 2008 V50 T5 for around a year now and decided that its due a Remap, just to release that extra bit of power.

There is a company that is based very local to myself Quantum Tuning, that i have been in contact with..

I've never heard of them before up uniil this point, and was wondering if any1 on here has had any dealings with them or knows any1 whom has

Karl

jamesy12345
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 07:54
Hi, welcome :welcome:

Do you have any photos of your car, get them posted up if so

jamesy12345
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 07:59
Not much info on Quantum about for Volvos, they might be fine but personally I would go with a 'known' tuner (TME for my car).

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/376800-quantum-tuning.html

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/244313-anyone-got-a-quantum-remap/

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4188883

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:00
Hi, welcome :welcome:

Do you have any photos of your car, get them posted up if so

I shall take one right now.... On this wet and windy morning.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:05
I shall get some proper pics later today......23442

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:09
I came across these threads..... Think I'll stick with a bigger name..

Any recommendations?

Rica?
Bluefin map?

jamesy12345
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:13
Nice! If not for the RHD cars and the UK plate on the mini there, that could almost be somewhere in Scandinavia!

lance
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:33
Search project stealth on the V50 section and you will see what I did to mine. Nice car by the way :-)

Hlm did mine and got 300 bhp and 350 lbft with a sports exhaust, intake system and upgraded inter cooler using auto tech software. Shark are meant to be good too, but I would have thought anyone with a good reputation for tuning focus st mk2 will do as the Volvo engine is the same. I bought my car nearly 3 years ago with 117k on the clock and she now has 162500 and is still in rude health despite all the mods and fuel economy day to day is no worse either.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:52
Welcome to the club, nice car.....can't go wrong with a RICA

expolicev70t5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:53
Looks a nice motor, love the colour

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 09:39
Cheers gents.
She's served me well so far. Only got 42000 on the clock and we do very minimal mileage so I thought a bit of a tune up would suit it for when I get to drive it.

I know the focus engine and this r very closely related and I think I'm right is saying that the ECU's don't differ much either.

I love it.... Very understated car and surprises a few people in their dolled up bangers, as u come flying past

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 09:47
Cheers gents.
She's served me well so far. Only got 42000 on the clock and we do very minimal mileage so I thought a bit of a tune up would suit it for when I get to drive it.

I know the focus engine and this r very closely related and I think I'm right is saying that the ECU's don't differ much either.

I love it.... Very understated car and surprises a few people in their dolled up bangers, as u come flying past

That's probably us lot lol

deathrider311271
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 10:29
Cheers gents.

completly wrong, my mate went too a so called tuner in the midlands who tried too put a Focus tune on his car and fried the ECU. Depending on where you live and depending if your prepared too travel and leave your car. I cant recommend AET motorsport enough, they have done an excellent job on my car and a few others i know.

Anyway DO NOT GET A FOCUS TUNE PUT ON YOUR CAR

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 10:39
Yeah I know mate, I was just saying they are closely related engines, not that a focus map would work on a Volvo. :-)

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 10:41
completly wrong, my mate went too a so called tuner in the midlands who tried too put a Focus tune on his car and fried the ECU. Depending on where you live and depending if your prepared too travel and leave your car. I cant recommend AET motorsport enough, they have done an excellent job on my car and a few others i know.

I live in Bournemouth. Don't know of any local tuners down this way. Was ideal when I had my megane as K-tec racing is just around the corner

deathrider311271
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 10:58
As Graham has said you wont go far wrong with a RICA tune, or you could contact Don at Kalmar union he offers MTE maps which you can load yourself

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 11:11
I live in Bournemouth. Don't know of any local tuners down this way. Was ideal when I had my megane as K-tec racing is just around the corner

Charlwood Volvo in Surrey look to be your closest RICA dealers.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 12:19

You're in Bournemouth? woohoo - another south-coaster :)
You may have seen me hoonin' about at some point...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSC_0477_zpsdefdf7be.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/martinrpeachey/media/Snapbucket/DSC_0477_zpsdefdf7be.jpg.html)

I'm in Walisdown mate, we'll have to hook-up for a pint sometime.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:15
You're in Bournemouth? woohoo - another south-coaster :)
You may have seen me hoonin' about at some point...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSC_0477_zpsdefdf7be.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/martinrpeachey/media/Snapbucket/DSC_0477_zpsdefdf7be.jpg.html)

I'm in Walisdown mate, we'll have to hook-up for a pint sometime.

yeah mate i live near redhill park..... small world

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:23
yeah mate i live near redhill park..... small world

Haha, about 5 minutes from me :)

There's a couple more members in the area but they don't post much on the forums.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:26
As Graham has said you wont go far wrong with a RICA tune, or you could contact Don at Kalmar union he offers MTE maps which you can load yourself

He's actually contacted me with his details offering the MTE map etc...

Reliable map??? Would you recommend??

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:34
Only signed up to the forum yesterday....... just wanna say thanks for every1's input and experience.

sounds like u all know a lot more than me about tuning a Volvo..!! :B

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:38
Only signed up to the forum yesterday....... just wanna say thanks for every1's input and experience.

sounds like u all know a lot more than me about tuning a Volvo..!! :B

That's what forums are all about mate ;) I've learned a lot here.

lance
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:45

Your partially correct but the v50 and focus st share the same engine turbo and gearbox, and thanks to the popularity of the chavy focus st there are pleanty of upgraded parts available that will fit the Volvo such as intercooler induction kits down pipes etc!

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 13:47
Your partially correct but the v50 and focus st share the same engine turbo and gearbox, and thanks to the popularity of the chavy focus st there are pleanty of upgraded parts available that will fit the Volvo such as intercooler induction kits down pipes etc!

being partially correct is a whole lot better than being totally wrong.... i'll take that

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:01
What sort of power are you looking for? you might want to get the block shimmed before you start chucking more ponies through it...

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:04
What sort of power are you looking for? you might want to get the block shimmed before you start chucking more ponies through it...

nothing major......... from what I've found out, a remap to 260-270 will be ample. i drive it once a week so don't want to throw vast amounts of money at it. I might get it lowered to give it a bit of a better stance too...

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:05
nothing major......... from what I've found out, a remap to 260-270 will be ample. i drive it once a week so don't want to throw vast amounts of money at it. I might get it lowered to give it a bit of a better stance too...

maybe just some springs to take it 30mm all round

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:05

whats ur V70 running??

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:06
Should be ok then.

Avoid Apex yellow springs if you like your fillings lol.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:08
Should be ok then.

Avoid Apex yellow springs if you like your fillings lol.

ha, i had my 225 megane down on its arse and that was like sitting on a washing machine that had a brick or 2 in it.

handled well on the smooth twisty's but far too much for everyday use

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:09
ha, i had my 225 megane down on its arse and that was like sitting on a washing machine that had a brick or 2 in it.

handled well on the smooth twisty's but far too much for everyday use

I just don't take mine round sandbanks any more lol, Ferry Way nearly had my sump off last year.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:27
whats ur V70 running??

Sorry - didn't spot this.

I have the 2319cc T5 engine. It's less prone to splitting the liners due to thicker bores. Dyno'd at 278.7bhp/253Whp a few weeks ago.

Running a Autotech map and a few other mods (see signature at bottom of post)

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:33
Sorry - didn't spot this.

I have the 2319cc T5 engine. It's less prone to splitting the liners due to thicker bores. Dyno'd at 278.7bhp/253Whp a few weeks ago.

Running a Autotech map and a few other mods (see signature at bottom of post)

yeah i read that..... she's no slouch, i bet...

excuse my ignorance but how would that compare to say..... an older WRX Sti which r i think, about 280?
i know they r 4wd etc but once ur rolling???

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:35
when i 1st got the Volvo, i called up polestar via the main dealer and they quoted about £800 for a remap, taking it to 250hp.... personally i thought that was a little steep

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:44
yeah i read that..... she's no slouch, i bet...

excuse my ignorance but how would that compare to say..... an older WRX Sti which r i think, about 280?
i know they r 4wd etc but once ur rolling???
There's a silver WRX on the chalwyn industrial estate where I work. He's had a go a few times and been dispatched pretty quickly. 2nd gear is pretty savage now lol. It'll outrun a golf R32 too :)

when i 1st got the Volvo, i called up polestar via the main dealer and they quoted about £800 for a remap, taking it to 250hp.... personally i thought that was a little steep
Polestar is the only map you can use without invalidating your warranty (so they say but other maps are pretty much untraceable) they think they've got you over a barrel on the tuning side of things.

lance
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:50
Remap I would expect around 265 bhp but the biggest increase will be the torque expect around another 80-100 nm :-)

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 14:57
Remap I would expect around 265 bhp but the biggest increase will be the torque expect around another 80-100 nm :-)

Not bad really.... Top end is good but let's face it, it's not often at all u manage to stretch it to the max. I prefer the punch away from the lights. 0-70...ish acceleration.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:09
Welcome to the nut house.

I knew david @ k-tech when he worked at gt tuning in my 5 turbo days. top bloke.

have you considered a remap you can put in yourself, such as the BSR ppc unit and I think there is a rica unit as well?
could save you many miles if there is nobody in the near area.

our boss has the bsr ppc stage 1 on his 2008 c70 T5 and it goes very well. this is £499 inc vat

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:19
Welcome to the nut house.

I knew david @ k-tech when he worked at gt tuning in my 5 turbo days. top bloke.

have you considered a remap you can put in yourself, such as the BSR ppc unit and I think there is a rica unit as well?

could save you many miles if there is nobody in the near area.

our boss has the bsr ppc stage 1 on his 2008 c70 T5 and it goes very well. this is £499 inc vat

Yeah some1 has already contacted me about an MTE remap that I can install myself. Know much about them??

Was about £400 all inc.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:22
there's other tuners offering much cheaper maps that, although costing nearly a tank of fuel to get there, is still under 400 quid.

do your research and take your time. in the end, you're the one that's gotta live with the car.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:32
This quantum tune is a lot cheaper.... I'm just hesitant as I've never heard of them. £200 all inc and it's a map to 270hp (ish). I'm assuming that's a safe limit on a std car

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:35
This quantum tune is a lot cheaper.... I'm just hesitant as I've never heard of them. £200 all inc and it's a map to 270hp (ish). I'm assuming that's a safe limit on a std car

I would seriously think twice about using them. I'm not saying they're no good but I spent 2 years looking for maps for mine and never heard of them. It's worth the extra few quid for a tried and tested map by a known Volvo tuning company. They're expensive for a reason mate.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:40
Looking at their web site, the figures look somewhat optimistic but that's the same wherever you go. I'm not keen ot their pictures of an ECU on a bench with the lid off... they should be doing it through the OBD socket.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:45
Agreed......

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:46
it's only a picture martin, all earlier cars are done that way.
surely it is performed relevant to the model? edit- well I would hope so!

MTE is a decent established Volvo tuner . Their product should be fine.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:51

It's funny you say that as when I enquired about a bluefin super hip, they said it would have to go to the workshop in Salisbury and have the ecu removed for tuning....?!?

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:52

Lol, I was just noting the picture. There's no reason I can think of, why a modern car should need the ecu dissected to remap it.

I remember Graham's first map, from a company nobody's heard of and he gained all of 10 bhp. Bit different now, with the Rica 310, it's like being fired from a cashmere cannon lol.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:52
I had a bad experience with superchips so I am biased there. - my car wouldn't even start with their first attempt then ran poorly until it was removed 3 days later !

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:53
My mate had a superchips job done on his fiesta Si. it went quite well but used to stall at the lights when it was hot lol.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 15:55
.....when I enquired about a bluefin super hip.....

My Nan had one of those :redface:

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 16:00
My Nan had one of those :redface:

Very good........ haha

i'll stay away from them.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 16:04
Aah yes, the bottom of page 3... this usually the point where most threads veer violently off topic and spiral into confusion...

Welcome to VPCUK lol :D

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 16:16
Hahaha we know buggar all, but we can have a laugh

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 16:19
Aye. You need a sense of humor here (but we tune volvos so there you go :) )

If all else fails, start an argument with someone or drag a thread into the gutter :D

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 16:58
My mate had a superchips job done on his fiesta Si. it went quite well but used to stall at the lights when it was hot lol.

funnily enough, so did my T4. I know why as well, mine was a late 1998, but in 1997/1998 they had a problem with the crankcase purge being open at the wrong time and causing stall so modified the original map data.
the superchip must have been based on an earlier map so I inherited the problem !
they did not want to know when I tried to explain it and showed them the Volvo tech bulletin , so it went in the form of refund please!

Dream3r
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 17:13
FYI the Ford and Volvo ME9 ECU's are identical from a hardware point of view, the software differs obviously, diagnostics and can communications mostly.

The actual maps themselves are identical between a Ford ST and Volvo ME9 (C30 T5 in my case) ECU. So a decent ST mapper will be able to find and tune the maps with ease, how they quantify the results though I don't know, a dyno only tells some of the story with motronic ecu's, in my opinion they need datalogged on a dyno or road to see if they're operating correctly, post tuning. Unless the map loaded has been through the same process before, on an identical car that is.

An ST tuner will most likely need to remove the ECU though as they will probably lack the Volvo OBD flashing kit, it's different from Ford.

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 18:08
FYI the Ford and Volvo ME9 ECU's are identical from a hardware point of view, the software differs obviously, diagnostics and can communications mostly.

The actual maps themselves are identical between a Ford ST and Volvo ME9 (C30 T5 in my case) ECU. So a decent ST mapper will be able to find and tune the maps with ease, how they quantify the results though I don't know, a dyno only tells some of the story with motronic ecu's, in my opinion they need datalogged on a dyno or road to see if they're operating correctly, post tuning. Unless the map loaded has been through the same process before, on an identical car that is.

An ST tuner will most likely need to remove the ECU though as they will probably lack the Volvo OBD flashing kit, it's different from Ford.

I knew I wasn't far wrong...!!

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:29
Not much info on Quantum about for Volvos, they might be fine but personally I would go with a 'known' tuner (TME for my car).

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/376800-quantum-tuning.html

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/244313-anyone-got-a-quantum-remap/

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4188883

who are tme?

merc85
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:34
who are tme?

TME are a swedish software writers i believe

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:35
TME are a swedish software writers i believe

ive never heard of tme remaps sure he don't mean mte?

merc85
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:37
ive never heard of tme remaps sure he don't mean mte?

nope deffo TME

http://www.tme.se/e_main.htm

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:41
nope deffo TME

http://www.tme.se/e_main.htm

i know of tme i just didnt know they did maps for our old volvos

merc85
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 20:45
i know of tme i just didnt know they did maps for our old volvos

you do now ;)

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 21:12
you do now ;)

well his best is a 15.3 so the maps cant be that good lol

deathrider311271
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 00:17

im not partially right at all, im completly right when it comes too the ECU mate. I know a lot of the mechanical parts are the same on the ST/RS, but not electronics side.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 01:44
Having driven Lance's T5 around Oulton last November - I happen to think the way that thing gets down the road is pretty damn good.

jamesy12345
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 10:21
who are tme?

well his best is a 15.3 so the maps cant be that good lol

Hopefully that's just down to the driver :D they are just about the same maps as MTE I think but give more realistic HP/torque figures ;)

edit: just remembered I think MTE go for a little higher boost? Mine is 1.2 bar max. Below is a link to an MTE stage 3 tune, which in my opinion gives high numbers for standard hardware other than a new exhaust...

http://shop.mte.se/product.asp?product=87

300 hp and 430 Nm from a 16T turbo.....

Anyway mine is TME, recommended to me by Jan Woth, TME thought around 285 hp and 420 NM for their stage 3....which is not the same as a MTE stage 3 :D

Dyslexia rules KO

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 22:54
Bsr ppc units are ace i used this on my Saab and it was perfect for going up the tuning stages after fitting more hardware. Download map, plug into car , wait 15mins , job done. Plus the stage increases were only £175 i think. So it worked out reasonable when you end up on stage 5 :-)

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 9th January 2014, 10:07
I thought that mte were the software side of the company, and tme the physical parts side. - I also had a tme exhaust on my t4.
maybe they were merged?

jamesy12345
Thursday 9th January 2014, 10:13
I thought that mte were the software side of the company, and tme the physical parts side. - I also had a tme exhaust on my t4.
maybe they were merged?

I thought that also but when getting an exhaust I asked about remapping, probably the maps are similar (just my opinion from some of the discussions)

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 12:57
Back on topic...

Any more developments? thoughts as to where to go for the remap?

don kalmar union
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 16:05
I have been representing MTE here in the UK for about 15 years now. MTE is a separate company from TME, TME is owned by Thomas Alsterfalk who is the uncle of Marco who owns MTE.

As far as I know TME do from time to time sell some of MTE's software but generally just stick to their own physical parts

I do from time to time sell TME's exhausts in addition to the wider range of Ferrita's systems that I stock. Generally, like for like the cost of TME exhausts work out within pennies to those from Ferrita. I have always otherwise stuck with Ferrita as they do offer a much wider range.

Regards, Don.

jamesy12345
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 18:34
I have been representing MTE here in the UK for about 15 years now. MTE is a separate company from TME, TME is owned by Thomas Alsterfalk who is the uncle of Marco who owns MTE.

As far as I know TME do from time to time sell some of MTE's software but generally just stick to their own physical parts

I do from time to time sell TME's exhausts in addition to the wider range of Ferrita's systems that I stock. Generally, like for like the cost of TME exhausts work out within pennies to those from Ferrita. I have always otherwise stuck with Ferrita as they do offer a much wider range.

Regards, Don.

That's the fella, I sent my ECU to Thomas for a remap. Comes across as a nice guy and a petrol head (obviously)

IvegotaT5
Friday 17th January 2014, 11:00
I'm thinking an MTE map. Seems the concensus on here.

jamesy12345
Friday 17th January 2014, 11:09
I'm thinking an MTE map. Seems the concensus on here.

I don't think you'll be disappointed matey

Don't forget to do a stage zero with the car and even just a cat back exhaust will get rid of heat quicker, it's needed even to get near the quoted figures

IvegotaT5
Sunday 19th January 2014, 18:38
Is there any specific reason for a stage 0 or is it just a general case of getting the car back to as good as it can be??

jamesy12345
Monday 20th January 2014, 02:55
Is there any specific reason for a stage 0 or is it just a general case of getting the car back to as good as it can be??

correct, just to make sure everything is in good condition

IvegotaT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 10:19
Truth be told, it's just had a major service, plugs, filters, oil etc. Only thing it may need is the auto gearbox fluid changing.

jamesy12345
Monday 20th January 2014, 11:07
Truth be told, it's just had a major service, plugs, filters, oil etc. Only thing it may need is the auto gearbox fluid changing.

Change the fluid mate and keep an eye on it - should be red not dark, and not smell burned either

Other items for stage zero would be replacing the boost control solenoid (also known as TCV) and associated vacuum lines. Plus check the caps are secure on the vacuum tree near the throttle body...

With higher boost they can come off

IvegotaT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 17:08
Change the fluid mate and keep an eye on it - should be red not dark, and not smell burned either

Other items for stage zero would be replacing the boost control solenoid (also known as TCV) and associated vacuum lines. Plus check the caps are secure on the vacuum tree near the throttle body...

With higher boost they can come off

This looks like an older engine. I've got an 08 v50, will it all be the same?

M-R-P
Monday 20th January 2014, 17:44
This looks like an older engine. I've got an 08 v50, will it all be the same?

He's shown you a pic of a pre ME7 engine there, mine's ME7.1 and yours is ME9. You will however, have a TCV somewhere and it's apparently worth changing them annually.

IvegotaT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 20:22
He's shown you a pic of a pre ME7 engine there, mine's ME7.1 and yours is ME9. You will however, have a TCV somewhere and it's apparently worth changing them annually.

A man who knows far more about OVLOV than myself

M-R-P
Monday 20th January 2014, 20:27
A man who knows far more about OVLOV than myself

Like I said in my PM mate, you're more than welcome to meet up one evening and chat about the cars etc :)

I won't claim to know it all but I can help point you in the right direction.

jamesy12345
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 02:37
ooo sorry gents I forgot we were talking about newer stuff

I'll get me coat!

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 09:52
Any idea where I can get a gearbox flush for reasonable monies, in the Bournemouth/Poole area?? The car mileage is low but like u say, it's worth doing.

Just for a giggle, I've called snows volvo... Let's see what magical number they come up with...!!

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:09
Any idea where I can get a gearbox flush for reasonable monies, in the Bournemouth/Poole area?? The car mileage is low but like u say, it's worth doing.

Can't remember if your car is auto or manual. If it's manual, it's easy enough to do on your driveway mate.

I use EAS for the few jobs I don't want to do myself (clutch, timing belt), they're near Tower Park, on the Chalwyn industrial estate. Always been good.

tichai
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 10:32
I can also recommend :

First Choice Motor Engineers Ltd
Address
Units 1 & 2
565 Blandford Road
Hamworthy
Poole
Dorset
BH16 5BW

Phone
01202 620 200

They do a lot of Volvo's, including mine and the prices are pretty reasonable. Worth a call

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 16:31
Well snows have quoted...........£213.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 16:39
Aah yes snows...

Here's a conversation I had with their "tech" last year...

Hi, I'm after a pair of black steering stops for my V70...

Black?

Yes, the black ones for the wider wheels..

They're not colour coded sir, what size wheel is it?

225 x 17"

Ah yes, we can get you those for tomorrow.

What colour are they?

Black sir.

And what colour are the ones for 215 x 16" wheels?

Errr, those are blue I believe

Ok, and can you tell me what colour the ones for the 205 x 15" wheels are?

errr... (audible typing) White.

So you're telling me they're not colour coded?

No sir they're not.

Bye.

When they changed my speedo, they didn't even screw it into the dash and then tried to sell me 1 shock, 2 front disks, a fuel flap spring, a headlight wiper blade, brake flush and outer track rods for 800 quid plus fitting.

I'd give them a miss.

If your car's a manual, I'll flush it for the price of the oil and a six pack of stella ;)

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 17:00
Hahaha no it's an auto......!!! I'll ring around and see what other quotes I can get....! I like to get a benchmark price with the dealers then if a private garage comes in cheaper I'm happy. Renault for example, quoted me £900 for cam belt change on my 182 cup. Ktec racing did it for £400 and only too 3 hrs...!! Prime example of rip-off tossers who certainly do no better a job

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 17:08
£183 for my cam belt at EAS :)

IvegotaT5
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 17:20
£183 for my cam belt at EAS :)

That's a good price. I'll be over the moon if mine is that price when I get it done.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st January 2014, 17:22
They're doing MOTs for 30 quid till the end of January too :)