PDA

View Full Version : P2 dials/clocks - has anyone fitted spares?

Leeds_finest
Sunday 5th January 2014, 23:57
Does anybody know if these are plug and play providing the part numbers are correct? Mine's 9499669.

Has anyone had success with swapping theirs? Or does it require the dreaded re programming?

Just a thought as my PAS pump/module was a direct swap and so are the CCM's providing part numbers are the same - or so I believe.

Thanks

M-R-P
Monday 6th January 2014, 00:42
I've heard that in some rare occasions it's possible but I tried 9 different DIMs l, one with matching numbers, and none of them worked. I believe HLM reprogrammed them for 350 quid. I only found that out after I bought a new one :(

Leeds_finest
Monday 6th January 2014, 02:21
I've heard that in some rare occasions it's possible but I tried 9 different DIMs l, one with matching numbers, and none of them worked. I believe HLM reprogrammed them for 350 quid. I only found that out after I bought a new one :(

Ahhh ok.

BBA REMAN seem to be the best value for money etc around £170 I think.

I think mine has been reconditioned before as it doesn't have the blue lacquer over the chip legs... its a clear lacquer instead.

M-R-P
Monday 6th January 2014, 07:13
yeah, that would say to me it's been done before AND confirm my suspicion that the repair doesn't last.

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 6th January 2014, 14:09
when i was gonna do a swap for the R dials everyone was getting plug an play change overs and just theyr milage was not the same.
i gutted the speedo for its fancy bets tho...
not sure if it was a facelift thing or what but ill dig out the info i had...

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/120788-s60r-gauge-cluster-in-my-s60-2-4t-q-s/

M-R-P
Monday 6th January 2014, 14:14
If it is possible, it'll be the facelift ones mate.

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 6th January 2014, 14:15
It may work initially, but the major consideration is that if the car requires another part in the network to be replaced that cannot be simply swapped and still work , the system will come up as a mismatch as that part is programmed to a different car's file (every module is checked for correct serial numbers at the start of a download) and then it will not be possible to perform the download at all and you will potentially be stuck with a dead car.

something to be aware of at the least

Leeds_finest
Monday 6th January 2014, 18:05
Hmmmm it's just a decision whether to have it remanufactured or not - I am putting the car up for sale and didn't want to put people off with warning triangles but I don't know if it's worth the £170 odd to fix it.