PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Wales and Shropshire Meet 19/01/2014

MoleT-5R
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:00
Well Happy New Year folks and thought it about time we had another get together.

Sunday 19th of January 2014 at the Two Henrys Shrewsbury for about 1.00pm ish

All welcome, see you there

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5483/10912989303_6cfc2288bc_b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3766/10912969753_8c129af5ba_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/10912815984_351f937315_b.jpg

claymore
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:04
Ok :)

Dangerous Dave
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:22
Oddly enough I'm going to be staying in a hotel not far from there on the Saturday. Though it's our anniversary so don't think I'll be allowed to come along, will see what I can do :D

claymore
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:30
Oddly enough I'm going to be staying in a hotel not far from there on the Saturday. Though it's our anniversary so don't think I'll be allowed to come along, will see what I can do :D
we could easily re-arrange to meet at the hotel you're staying at :)

MoleT-5R
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:34
we could easily re-arrange to meet at the hotel you're staying at :)

is it a posh one where we can get some great pic's of the cars

Dangerous Dave
Friday 3rd January 2014, 19:06
is it a posh one where we can get some great pic's of the cars
Erm nope :(

We'll be gone by 1pm anyway, hopefully some shopping in Shrewsbury so can drop it into a conversation that theres a meet nearby :D

Volvostorm
Friday 3rd January 2014, 20:07
Erm nope :(

We'll be gone by 1pm anyway, hopefully some shopping in Shrewsbury so can drop it into a conversation that theres a meet nearby :D

Hope you can make it, its more interesting than shopping in Shrewsbury! :D

I will be there, without the T5, of course, don't want to break a habit!

JamesT5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 20:28
Pencil me in for this one, I'm off that day and the distance isn't too bad (around 2 hours each way). Hopefully I'll get to put a few more faces to names and have a natter. I'll confirm either way nearer the time but it's looking hopeful.

claymore
Friday 3rd January 2014, 20:45
I might be in a Volvo, I might be in a Mercedes, but I wont be in the Volvo.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 03:58

that is a very worrying signature you have got there Colin

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 04:01
Pencil me in for this one, I'm off that day and the distance isn't too bad (around 2 hours each way). Hopefully I'll get to put a few more faces to names and have a natter. I'll confirm either way nearer the time but it's looking hopeful.

Will be nice to see you, think I may have passed you at some point as your reg seems a bit to familiar to me

claymore
Saturday 4th January 2014, 10:07
that is a very worrying signature you have got there Colin
Just getting people acclimatized to the new colour scheme for the T-10K ;)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:15
Just getting people acclimatized to the new colour scheme for the T-10K ;)

Thats ok then, thought things might not have been going so well as a fiat had re-appeared.....lol

colour scheme looks good to me mate, just needs some dark blue wheels

LiamT4
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:21

Have you got a merc now colin?

stribo
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:21

Anniversary? you're not even married yet. Very poor excuse if you ask me. ;)

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:29
Anniversary? you're not even married yet. Very poor excuse if you ask me. ;)
I know :/

Its the last one before we're married, so that makes it special LOL

JamesT5
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:09
Will be nice to see you, think I may have passed you at some point as your reg seems a bit to familiar to me

Do you head down to Brecon very often? I can't ever recall seeing your car but then perhaps I wasn't looking very hard.

claymore
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:17
Have you got a merc now colin?

Lol...sort of, A160

JamesT5
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:18
Living where I do, I can go to a southern softies meet or a North West, Midlands or Mid-Wales and Shropshire meet. I'm in an odd area of the country, not really very close to any particular group so I tend to tag on to whatever I can and whenever I can.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:40
Do you head down to Brecon very often? I can't ever recall seeing your car but then perhaps I wasn't looking very hard.

not sure, i do get about a bit,probably surprised that there's not a spotted lunatic in green T5-r thread...lol

Living where I do, I can go to a southern softies meet or a North West, Midlands or Mid-Wales and Shropshire meet. I'm in an odd area of the country, not really very close to any particular group so I tend to tag on to whatever I can and whenever I can.

don't we all tag along where we can, did a north-west and the softies this year, nice to get about and see different people face to face and see there cars in reality, may do the Haynes (but not a haynes)meet this year but the calendar is pretty full all ready, we'll see what the budget will allow

JamesT5
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:48
not sure, i do get about a bit,probably surprised that there's not a spotted lunatic in green T5-r thread...lol

don't we all tag along where we can, did a north-west and the softies this year, nice to get about and see different people face to face and see there cars in reality, may do the Haynes (but not a haynes)meet this year but the calendar is pretty full all ready, we'll see what the budget will allow

My car is very much standard, no fancy mods or anything and is still very much a WIP. As for me, you can make your own mind up after you've met me. If I do see you about on the road I'll try and give you a wave and a quick flash on the lights. :B_thumb:

LiamT4
Saturday 4th January 2014, 20:51
Lol...sort of, A160

Ah ok.........you won't take offence if I don't ask you about it then?? ;-)

claymore
Saturday 4th January 2014, 21:09
Ah ok.........you won't take offence if I don't ask you about it then?? ;-)
I'm only offended that you would ask if I would be offended :P

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 21:56
My car is very much standard, no fancy mods or anything and is still very much a WIP. As for me, you can make your own mind up after you've met me. If I do see you about on the road I'll try and give you a wave and a quick flash on the lights. :B_thumb:

got you plate logged will wave or flash if passing, probably see you at shrewsbury first though

JamesT5
Sunday 5th January 2014, 19:49
95% chance I'll make it to the Shrewsbury meet, I look forward to meeting you and anyone else I haven't met yet. :B_thumb:

T4_Al
Monday 6th January 2014, 00:00
I will be bringing the 940 along. See you there.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 6th January 2014, 12:42
I'm only offended that you would ask if I would be offended :P

I am offended that Liam isn't offended about this offence.

T4_Al
Monday 6th January 2014, 15:03
I was quite offended when Colin pulled up beside me in that Mercedes bubble-sausage mobile.

1112lewis
Monday 6th January 2014, 17:36
I'll hopefully be there for this one! Bubble-sausage mobile. . .lol!

ExternalError
Monday 6th January 2014, 17:48
i'll try and be there got a mates birthday the day before so depends how hanging I am

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 6th January 2014, 17:52
my car will be off the road then :(
is this the closest the meets get to me sw wales?

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 08:10
my car will be off the road then :(
is this the closest the meets get to me sw wales?

Well may be during this, year we might move slightly further south for a meet, south shropshire or southern powys, the idea was to move about a bit to try some different places and make it easier on some that travel further and keep interest by going somewhere different.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 7th January 2014, 19:14
Well may be during this, year we might move slightly further south for a meet, south shropshire or southern powys, the idea was to move about a bit to try some different places and make it easier on some that travel further and keep interest by going somewhere different.
Hmm, a run out to the Elan valley?

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 00:09
Hmm, a run out to the Elan valley?

easily done, not a quick drive but a lovely one and on down into Aber for chips by the sea, May would good (they may have fixed the prom by then)

T4_Al
Thursday 9th January 2014, 22:47
...I quite like the sound of doing the Evo triangle myself.

JamesT5
Thursday 9th January 2014, 23:42

"Southern Powys" you say? Perfect for me because that's exactly where I am! :B_thumb:

Dangerous Dave
Friday 10th January 2014, 00:27
easily done, not a quick drive but a lovely one and on down into Aber for chips by the sea, May would good (they may have fixed the prom by then)
LOL, Volvos take over the prom like the bikers do :)

And a spot of tea at Devils Bridge....

MoleT-5R
Friday 10th January 2014, 07:12
LOL, Volvos take over the prom like the bikers do :)

And a spot of tea at Devils Bridge....

all very do-able and en route as well

JamesT5
Saturday 11th January 2014, 21:16
Only about a week to go. :D That reminds me, I better put the AA on standby......

MoleT-5R
Saturday 11th January 2014, 23:07
Only about a week to go. :D That reminds me, I better put the AA on standby......

in six years one volvo has let me down twice and had to be towed, but the other 6 have never missed a beat, amazing build quality and longevity, bet yours isn't that bad really

Nealevo
Saturday 11th January 2014, 23:09
I might come along, give the car a run up the motorway :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 11th January 2014, 23:27
your 850R will be more than welcome sir, look forward to seeing you again

Volvostorm
Sunday 12th January 2014, 00:09

I have a tow rope, and a nice big van! :D

Biff
Sunday 12th January 2014, 08:53
So far lads, looks like we might make it!!
Handbrake & mot to sort, plus a good valet inside. :)

stephenevans99
Sunday 12th January 2014, 19:59
Put my name down for this :) I'll be dropping the wife and kids off at Cheshire Oaks en-route....lol

JamesT5
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:03
I'm looking forward to meeting you all, I just hope I have my voice back by then as I've got a mild dose of laryngitis at the moment.

Volvostorm
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:05
Thats ok, I'm used to communicating in grunts!

MoleT-5R
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:12
So far lads, looks like we might make it!!
Handbrake & mot to sort, plus a good valet inside. :)

Biff it will nice to finally meet you.

Put my name down for this :) I'll be dropping the wife and kids off at Cheshire Oaks en-route....lol

it will be nice to see you again Stephen, that credit card will be taking another bashing by the mrs's...lol

JamesT5
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:14
I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

stephenevans99
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:19
+1 James

It'll be a good opportunity to put a few more faces to familiar names....Looking forward to it.

JamesT5
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:31
+1 James

It'll be a good opportunity to put a few more faces to familiar names....Looking forward to it.

Meet events are always interesting because when you meet members you've only ever 'spoken' to online, your perception of when you expect them to be like face-to-face is often, but not always, different to reality. Online, you see a 'user name' until you meet the person, then you see 'the' person and suddenly the whole of the online world change afterwards and leaps into 3D. :D

claymore
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:33
Looks like I'll have to wash the S60 :(

V70 Graham
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:35
Why is this on the same day as the 'Southern Softies' meet lol would have loved to have popped up.

JamesT5
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:36
Why is this on the same day as the 'Southern Softies' meet lol would have loved to have popped up.

Even if you could have made it, you're too late mate because to get there on time you would have had to have set off last Sunday...... ;)

stephenevans99
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:38
Meet events are always interesting because when you meet members you've only ever 'spoken' to online, your perception of when you expect them to be like face-to-face is often, but not always, different to reality. Online, you see a 'user name' until you meet the person, then you see 'the' person and suddenly the whole of the online world change afterwards and leaps into 3D. :D

Know exactly what you mean James....you'll discover I'm the same to$$er in real life :) lol

JamesT5
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:42
People can 'understand' each other better at meets, for example a conversation face-to-face is worth 100,000 words online.

V70 Graham
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:43
Even if you could have made it, you're too late mate because to get there on time you would have had to have set off last Sunday...... ;)

.....your probably right there mate.

claymore
Sunday 12th January 2014, 20:45
Know exactly what you mean James....you'll discover I'm the same to$$er in real life :) lol

I can confirm this :P

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:42
Hopefully making this now, as long as its not peeing down :)

JamesT5
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:50
I'm definitely coming (unless I have completely unforeseen circumstances), rain or shine. I'm going to have to be away by about 4pm, 4.30pm at the absolute latest as I have a Hospital Radio program to Broadcast in the evening in Merthyr Tydfil so I may be slightly over-dressed for a meet (just to warn you all) :D

My laryngitis is clearing nicely so I should be able to have a normal conversation with you all on the day.

See you all Sunday! By the way, what is the Two Henry's, is it a pub and what's the postcode?

claymore
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:53
I'm definitely coming (unless I have completely unforeseen circumstances), rain or shine. I'm going to have to be away by about 4pm, 4.30pm at the absolute latest as I have a Hospital Radio program to Broadcast in the evening in Merthyr Tydfil so I may be slightly over-dressed for a meet (just to warn you all) :D

My laryngitis is clearing nicely so I should be able to have a normal conversation with you all on the day.

See you all Sunday! By the way, what is the Two Henry's, is it a pub and what's the postcode?

Then I shall wear my top hat for you sir, so you don't feel out of place :)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:53
Hopefully making this now, as long as its not peeing down :)

get some proper tyres then, instead of those Aqua Fandango (TM) semi slicks .....lol

would be nice to see you, if you can make it, may be Carl will have his thumb out and you could give him a lift too !!

claymore
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:55
looks like it's going to be a mega meet if everybody turns up :)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:13
Colin you got the little security socket thing to undo the maf bolts? can't find mine and would like to fit the 3" maf

claymore
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:14
Colin you got the little security socket thing to undo the maf bolts? can't find mine and would like to fit the 3" maf

yep, I'll bring them with me.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:16

Yes, its a pub, with a large car park.

Address: Robert Jones Way, Battlefield, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 3EQ

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:20
What you reckon on calibration? might need your help with a little tuning after if your up for it bound to need some fuel adding up top any clever person work out how much more air is pulled due to a larger maf?? :)

claymore
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:23
the larger maf is not for more air, it's to slow the air down, so that the ecu doesn't hit maf saturation.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:36
the larger maf is not for more air, it's to slow the air down, so that the ecu doesn't hit maf saturation.

Shows what I know lol so how will the map be affected?

claymore
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 22:49
Shows what I know lol so how will the map be affected?
If we're lucky, the ecu will compensate within 5 miles of steady driving, if not, it will be a case of re calibrating the injectors and hope that will be enough.

stephenevans99
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 11:13
Should be good....there's also a few members from VolvoTuning that are coming.

claymore
Wednesday 15th January 2014, 19:28
Will Mr Ringrose be bringing any V70 bits?

stephenevans99
Thursday 16th January 2014, 07:03
Unfortunately I've decided to pull out of this meet, sorry. I was really looking forward to meeting some new faces, hopefully get another opportunity in the future.

JamesT5
Thursday 16th January 2014, 07:19
Unfortunately I've decided to pull out of this meet, sorry. I was really looking forward to meeting some new faces, hopefully get another opportunity in the future.

What! So looking forward to seeing you there Steve. Well, if you change your mind and come along no one will think any less of you.

stephenevans99
Thursday 16th January 2014, 07:26
Cheers James...I just wished I'd kept this meet to VPC and not shared. My own fault really :(

There will be others....and I'll be there. lol

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 16:03
Cheers James...I just wished I'd kept this meet to VPC and not shared. My own fault really :(

There will be others....and I'll be there. lol

Nothing wrong in sharing it, the more the merrier. I do hope your change of mind on coming to the meet has nothing to do with my facebook post of last night, I wasn't being serious, just rattling jay's cage for a bit of fun, will be a shame that your not there and as stated in the first post all welcome (regardless of anyones personal forum preference) as we are all on more than one Volvo forum and umpteen different FB Volvo club afaik

bet reason your not coming is, your credit card can't handle a battering by the Mrs's in Cheshire Oaks so soon after christmas...lol

stephenevans99
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:03
lol....I know what you mean about Cheshire Oaks, not quite as bad as the Trafford Centre...OMG she can do some damage.

It's nothing to do with your FB post mate, I knew that post was tongue in cheek and in good humour BUT unfortunately another didn't see it that way and caused me a little upset. I even pointed out that you were pulling his leg !!
I'm easy going 99% of the time but he rattled my cage with what was subsequently posted on a thread.

I know threads can get heated and sometimes we say things which we later regret, but I thought sod it...I'm gonna be stubborn and not go to this or next weeks meet either (which is only 5 mile up the road). I want to go to this, but it's the old 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' scenario.

My toys have definitely been thrown out of the pram lol.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:15
lol....I know what you mean about Cheshire Oaks, not quite as bad as the Trafford Centre...OMG she can do some damage.

It's nothing to do with your FB post mate, I knew that post was tongue in cheek and in good humour BUT unfortunately another didn't see it that way and caused me a little upset. I even pointed out that you were pulling his leg !!
I'm easy going 99% of the time but he rattled my cage with what was subsequently posted on a thread.

I know threads can get heated and sometimes we say things which we later regret, but I thought sod it...I'm gonna be stubborn and not go to this or next weeks meet either (which is only 5 mile up the road). I want to go to this, but it's the old 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' scenario.

My toys have definitely been thrown out of the pram lol.

ooops, sorry mate, see you next time possibly

stephenevans99
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:20
It wasn't your fault mate....no need for sorry.

Hope you guys have a good meet....post up the pics :)

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:35
It wasn't your fault mate....no need for sorry.

Hope you guys have a good meet....post up the pics :)

just popped in and read the thread......'oh dear' is all I can say

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:38

I hadn't planned to, as I thought you were tight on storage, but if you want any bits pm me a list, or I can run them over to you nearer to when you need them, don't need much of an excuse to go the Shrewsbury

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 17:59

Why would an 850 man like you want V70 parts.....lol

That will get some people guessing. I hadn't planned one bring anything, as I thought you were tight on storage, but if there is anything you need pm me a list and I'll try and get it sorted, otherwise I'll bring what you want when you need it, as I don't need much of an excuse to pop to Shrewsbury

claymore
Thursday 16th January 2014, 18:28
have you got room for slam panel and lights, I can start to mod them .

MoleT-5R
Thursday 16th January 2014, 19:01
have you got room for slam panel and lights, I can start to mod them .

shouldn't be a problem, will you mod them in the car park...MRP style....lol

ExternalError
Saturday 18th January 2014, 16:34
Definatley coming in my new toy as well

V70 Graham
Saturday 18th January 2014, 17:03
Definatley coming in my new toy as well

C'mon Stewart....where's the piccy's ?

ExternalError
Saturday 18th January 2014, 17:06
Its dark there will bd some tomoz

Jamest5r
Saturday 18th January 2014, 18:17
ill be there :)

JamesT5
Saturday 18th January 2014, 21:06
Just a few hours to go now. I was going to sort the oil change today ready for the trip tomorrow but my oil filter hasn't arrived from PFV yet so pointless doing it until it does.

As for detailing the car before the meet, I think this will be a total waste of time because it will be completely filthy by the time I get to Shrewsbury with all the rain and floods.

craigoodwood
Saturday 18th January 2014, 21:25
i have no doubt mine will be the dog of the show :ashamed:

JamesT5
Saturday 18th January 2014, 21:27

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow and putting some faces to the cars and forum names.

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th January 2014, 22:14

No mate, I can say for certain that will be mine!

It wins it every time :D

JamesT5
Saturday 18th January 2014, 22:21

Wait until you see the state of my Amaltheas, you might just change your mind at that point! :D

MoleT-5R
Saturday 18th January 2014, 22:25
Just a few hours to go now. I was going to sort the oil change today ready for the trip tomorrow but my oil filter hasn't arrived from PFV yet so pointless doing it until it does.

As for detailing the car before the meet, I think this will be a total waste of time because it will be completely filthy by the time I get to Shrewsbury with all the rain and floods.

my chosen vehicle of the day will be clean, but I doubt it will be spotless, a quick trip through the arc car wash a few minutes before arrival should convert it from dirty diesel donkey to something a to a little nicer

MoleT-5R
Saturday 18th January 2014, 22:28

the dogged iveco wins every time, but never fails to turn up....lol

JamesT5
Saturday 18th January 2014, 22:30
my chosen vehicle of the day will be clean, but I doubt it will be spotless, a quick trip through the arc car wash a few minutes before arrival should convert it from dirty diesel donkey to something a to a little nicer

No way, those Arc car washes will rip the gloss straight from the paint. I'd rather leave the dirt on and wash it when I get home...

MoleT-5R
Saturday 18th January 2014, 23:05
No way, those Arc car washes will rip the gloss straight from the paint. I'd rather leave the dirt on and wash it when I get home...

not bothered as we'll be in the V50 and it's not a keeper, just the mrs's daily, but saves the majority of it's cost buy not running the V70r and T5r on un-necessary long runs or daily chores and £30 tax and leaves a bit of cash for the proper Volvo's outings, unfortunately the nice cars will be at home with a few problems to to sort before the season starts

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th January 2014, 23:12
the dogged iveco wins every time, but never fails to turn up....lol

Your be pleased to know its looking even worse! Mis-matched paint, half finished arch repair :D

I will be painting some of it soon.

I'm scared to paint it, might make it unrelieable!

MoleT-5R
Saturday 18th January 2014, 23:25
Your be pleased to know its looking even worse! Mis-matched paint, half finished arch repair :D

I will be painting some of it soon.

I'm scared to paint it, might make it unrelieable!

we could get Colin to vinyl wrap it for you, with claymore racing ....lol

Volvostorm
Saturday 18th January 2014, 23:30
I have the graphics planned already :)

Completely different from anything you will expect ;)

Biff
Saturday 18th January 2014, 23:55
I have electrical issues & failed to turn up for the planned mot.
When will the old bus reward me properly??

craigoodwood
Sunday 19th January 2014, 15:47
first couple of pics, apologies for taking off i'm not one for goodbyes :B_thumb:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/craig-abby/2014-01-19143213_zpsdfa5c11a.jpg (http://s715.photobucket.com/user/craig-abby/media/2014-01-19143213_zpsdfa5c11a.jpg.html)
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/craig-abby/2014-01-19143224_zpsa51cbab9.jpg (http://s715.photobucket.com/user/craig-abby/media/2014-01-19143224_zpsa51cbab9.jpg.html)

claymore
Sunday 19th January 2014, 16:58
Niel and Jim having a coloring competition:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/claymore2k/forum%20stuff/20140119_152452.jpg (http://s170.photobucket.com/user/claymore2k/media/forum%20stuff/20140119_152452.jpg.html)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/claymore2k/forum%20stuff/20140119_153700.jpg (http://s170.photobucket.com/user/claymore2k/media/forum%20stuff/20140119_153700.jpg.html)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/claymore2k/forum%20stuff/20140119_153614.jpg (http://s170.photobucket.com/user/claymore2k/media/forum%20stuff/20140119_153614.jpg.html)

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th January 2014, 18:40
Good to see old and new faces today :)

Stuart's new s60 won the day for me a very nice car :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0338_zps8nofqkxw.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0338_zps8nofqkxw.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0342_zpsvdrgfse1.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0342_zpsvdrgfse1.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0341_zpsqlx6twxr.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0341_zpsqlx6twxr.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0340_zpsceeptk9j.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0340_zpsceeptk9j.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0339_zpshocg5kgd.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0339_zpshocg5kgd.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0336_zpsigkinjjr.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0336_zpsigkinjjr.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0334_zpsaph0ks7c.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0334_zpsaph0ks7c.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0333_zpscl9xsfum.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0333_zpscl9xsfum.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0332_zpsafbiccgb.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0332_zpsafbiccgb.jpg.html)

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th January 2014, 18:49
Few more

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0329_zpsxkjjf4mo.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0329_zpsxkjjf4mo.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0331_zps4hiagvyx.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0331_zps4hiagvyx.jpg.html)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/DSC_0335_zpspqj3zx50.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/DSC_0335_zpspqj3zx50.jpg.html)

1112lewis
Sunday 19th January 2014, 18:52
sorry had to dash a little earlier than normal, had to find somewhere to get some jubilee clips before the entire of shreswbury shut for 4pm! Was nice to meet some more new people and some more faces to forum names! Thankyou James for letting me borrow some tools to sort my car out, was a little worried it would have been a meet where nobody brought any tools lol!

V70 Graham
Sunday 19th January 2014, 19:11
Looks like you all had a good time, especially Neal with his crayons !

Nice S60 Stewart, I look forward to seeing it soon.

ExternalError
Sunday 19th January 2014, 19:37
Thanks James and Graham it really is a nice car just a few things needing to be done to it, I will be speaking to Mr Welche sometime in March I think for a downpipe and popping down to GRN some time in Feb to have them give it a once over and provide me with a list of things that may need doing though I doubt it will be a long list. Really is a stunning car I must give credit to the previous owner he did everything proper and it really shows I'm betting he was heart broken to see me drive off with it.

I think my best thing about it though is the colour, haven't seen one like it before and it enhances the whole package. It looks black from distance but when you get near or the light catches it the green shows through nicely.

I'm pretty sure you wont like the exhaust though Graham

claymore
Sunday 19th January 2014, 19:44
I'm pretty sure you wont like the exhaust though Graham

Ohh, low blow there mate.....lol

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th January 2014, 20:26
So glad I came to this - had a brilliant day putting new faces to familiar names. Good to see everyone.

Some random pics:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0025.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0025.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0024.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0024.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0022.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0022.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0019.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0019.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05645.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05645.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05644.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05644.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05642.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05642.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0018.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0018.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0015.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0015.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0012.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0012.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0010.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC_0010.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05639.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05639.jpg.html)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05634.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Two%20Henrys%20Shropshire/DSC05634.jpg.html)

MoleT-5R
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:18
Don't think we have ever had so many turn out for a Two Henry's meet, so thanks to everyone for making the effort, cracking meet with good weather for a change. Also I don't think I've seen so many meet pic's up on the thread V70 Graham will be very impressed. Here's a few favourites of my pic's of the meet, the rest a at http://www.flickr.com/photos/52829994@N03/sets/72157639943726514/

When I first arrived I thought WD had binned Betsy and got himself a new chariot....
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5504/12036913353_c98f8cb9a6_b.jpg
One for MRP......captions please
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/12037320296_4d957cfb72_b.jpg
and a few more
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5520/12036190825_5e38189d85_b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3820/12036357615_3249b70075_b.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2882/12037205826_dee7364514_b.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/12037431746_15427c01e2_b.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5517/12036947264_1b973e2ea6_b.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2850/12036419465_5c1971e5dd_b.jpg

Biff
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:22
I think Craig gets the award for dirtiest car! ;)
I was busy fitting my rebuilt alternator.
Maybe the next one he says yet again. :(

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:23
Looked like a brilliant day... Neal obviously found his next calling as a Jaguar F-Type colourist....

Shuddered when seeing those diamond wheel killers!!!

Volvostorm
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:24
Its that Iveco again! :P

Its always there

craigoodwood
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:30

the inside was worse, kids, dogs, mrs and repairs are all in the footwells somewhere :)

Volvostorm
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:31
It was a great meet!

Really enjoyed it, was great to see both new and old faces :D

LiamT4
Sunday 19th January 2014, 21:58
Stuarts s60 does look low and aggressive, very nice :B_thumb:

Plenty of nice cars, but I think neals 855r just takes it for me.

JamesT5
Sunday 19th January 2014, 23:50
sorry had to dash a little earlier than normal, had to find somewhere to get some jubilee clips before the entire of shreswbury shut for 4pm! Was nice to meet some more new people and some more faces to forum names! Thankyou James for letting me borrow some tools to sort my car out, was a little worried it would have been a meet where nobody brought any tools lol!

No problem mate and nice to meet you, I could have stopped to help you in the lay-by when I saw your car but it was a bit late to hammer on the brakes (mass pile up comes to mind). ;) I seldom go anywhere without some basic tools in the back of the car, not with nearly 254,000 on the clock. :D

Hope you get the wheel alignment sorted now, just remember the rear end sets the thrust angle, if that's set right then the front end is aligned correctly when compared to the back. :B_thumb:

JamesT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 00:02
Great afternoon everyone, thanks for all being so sociable and turning up. It was nice to put some faces and people behind the cars and the forum names as always, I hope I've made some new friends today as well.

Sorry my T5 was so filthy despite it being washed before I left, but the journey up from Brecon was somewhat wet and salty. I think we all our cars suffered at the hands of the current weather conditions to be fair.

Some photos..............

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011367_zps5f3c5d60.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011367_zps5f3c5d60.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011366_zpseb7694cd.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011366_zpseb7694cd.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011365_zps358df228.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011365_zps358df228.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011364_zps81d7edb5.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011364_zps81d7edb5.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011363_zps0c9223b3.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011363_zps0c9223b3.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011362_zps33695341.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011362_zps33695341.jpg.html)

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P1011361_zps88c463a5.jpg (http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/_JamesT5/media/P1011361_zps88c463a5.jpg.html)

:beer:

JamesT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 00:06
So glad I came to this - had a brilliant day putting new faces to familiar names. Good to see everyone.

Steve, I'm so glad you came along to this and it was great having a chat to you over lunch as well. :B_thumb: :beer:

JamesT5
Monday 20th January 2014, 00:10
I was busy fitting my rebuilt alternator.
Maybe the next one he says yet again. :(

Just barely, mine got a plastering in crap on the 85 mile trip up from Brecon. :D

Wobbly Dave
Monday 20th January 2014, 00:57
Erica & I had a lovely time - great to meet everyone. Still think Ellen's drawing (not featured) was better LOL - but Neal has an untapped talent there! It was great to have such a significant turn out.

Nealevo
Monday 20th January 2014, 07:37
Had a good time, meeting old and new, had a play on the way home and can confirm, stuarts new S60 goes well and sounds lovely. (bargain me thinks) can not wait until next time :)

Dangerous Dave
Monday 20th January 2014, 17:37
Sorry I couldn't make it, was late by the time we got back to the car. Be there for the next one hopefully :)

MoleT-5R
Monday 20th January 2014, 19:57
Looked like a brilliant day... Neal obviously found his next calling as a Jaguar F-Type colourist....

Shuddered when seeing those diamond wheel killers!!!

glad to see that nobody tried to drive over any this time

abdul
Thursday 23rd January 2014, 22:22
nice pictures