PDA

View Full Version : V70 P2.5 Heated seats advice

expolicev70t5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:06
I fitted a full leather interior into my Explod V70 some months ago, they were advertised as being heated units, has anyone had experience of fitting similar and getting them to work?
As the cold mornings the seats are flippin cold compared to the old plod items, there is blanking plate on dash for buttons and appears to be wiring for same behind, is it just a case of fit the buttons on the dash to make it work or is there more to it as don't want to pay local stealer hundreds of pounds to activate them.

deathrider311271
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:14
you will probably need the 2 metal relays that sit under the fuse box as well, i know i did on my P1, but yes you may well need software as well

M-R-P
Friday 3rd January 2014, 15:11
as above.

alternatively, run a supply via a fuse and a switch (do it properly mind) and negate all the software agro :)

deathrider311271
Friday 3rd January 2014, 15:14
as above.

alternatively, run a supply via a fuse and a switch (do it properly mind) and negate all the software agro :)

haha i knew you would be along at some point with a good idea Martin :uglyhamme

M-R-P
Friday 3rd January 2014, 15:25
haha i knew you would be along at some point with a good idea Martin :uglyhamme

You know me ;)

If there's a way of bypassing open wallet surgery...

rikcougar
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:03
You know me ;)

If there's a way of bypassing open wallet surgery...

Is it possible that you could move a little nearer to Lincoln mate :(

mikealder
Friday 3rd January 2014, 17:07
As the signals from the switches on the climatic control panel rely upon the CAN bus data to the CEM to get these working will require software, I do know of people who have approached Volvo to add the software and they have been told it isn't possible to do this, but I doubt that particular main dealer knows much about the cars to be honest!
The power is simply fed to the seat heater control module under each seat from a normal style fuse, the metal can fuses (self resetting circuit breakers) that deathrider mentioned are for the power seat drive motors.

The signal that switches on the seat heaters comes from the CEM, if you cut this wire and feed the one going to the seat with a 0V signal for on, open circuit for off signal the seat heaters should work, note this will require after market switches as to use the ones int he climatic control panel is going to need the expensive software tweak - Mike

expolicev70t5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 19:02
Was hoping it might have just been plug and play ...... No such luck based on comments above

M-R-P
Friday 3rd January 2014, 19:46
Is it possible that you could move a little nearer to Lincoln mate :(

can't mate, I don't have enough fingers and toes...

and they're not webbed :)

rikcougar
Saturday 4th January 2014, 08:07
can't mate, I don't have enough fingers and toes...

and they're not webbed :)

Bit harsh from somebody who lives in Dorset

At least we have made marrying your sister illegal up here (not that I know your sister)

Go on, you`ll love it, empty roads, cheap petrol, little in the way of plod (other than their ex-cars!)

M-R-P
Saturday 4th January 2014, 09:34
I grew up in a one horse town, and that horse was frightened lol.

even the seagulls have webbed feet...

but v-power is 1.36 and the New forest has some cracking sprint tracks ;)