M-R-P
Friday 3rd January 2014, 12:06
looks familiar...

expolicev70t5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 12:09
Boy that's quick!

k9plums
Friday 3rd January 2014, 12:12
my fathers challenge is to be quicker. I'll be very disappointed if it's not when it has the new engine

expolicev70t5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 13:08
Just found another video of same car on youtube 677bhp

claymore
Friday 3rd January 2014, 13:27
Just found another video of same car on youtube 677bhp
Is that all, lol ;)

k9plums
Friday 3rd January 2014, 13:29
find out who it is and organize a race

deathrider311271
Friday 3rd January 2014, 13:44
there is no way on this earth a 677hp volvo would blow away a cbr1000 like that. I went up against a 1100hp BMW M3 on my Blackbird which was standard apart from rev limiter removed and that only just beat me over a 10 mile stretch absolutly flat out.

He is either scared of his bike or just not trying

T5frankie
Friday 3rd January 2014, 13:49
Looks like it hit a 300kph limiter

LiamT4
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:39
there is no way on this earth a 677hp volvo would blow away a cbr1000 like that. I went up against a 1100hp BMW M3 on my Blackbird which was standard apart from rev limiter removed and that only just beat me over a 10 mile stretch absolutly flat out.

He is either scared of his bike or just not trying

Not disagreeing about the bike, i'd have thought you need more than 677bhp to beat a cbr1000, but did you see proof of this m3s 1100bhp? Just I've seen vids of a 1100bhp m3 doing 8.8 1/4miles, which is comfortably quicker than a blackbird.

merc85
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:44
Not disagreeing about the bike, i'd have thought you need more than 677bhp to beat a cbr1000, but did you see proof of this m3s 1100bhp? Just I've seen vids of a 1100bhp m3 doing 8.8 1/4miles, which is comfortably quicker than a blackbird.

Ever tried launching a superbike? usually end up on the back wheel which will hamper acceleration, A blackbird would mince that c70 easy , and Busa ever quicker 9's btw on the 1/4 for the Busa

WOODY T5
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:48
my fathers challenge is to be quicker. I'll be very disappointed if it's not when it has the new enginegood luck lol

T5frankie
Friday 3rd January 2014, 14:59
Ever tried launching a superbike? usually end up on the back wheel which will hamper acceleration, A blackbird would mince that c70 easy , and Busa ever quicker 9's btw on the 1/4 for the Busa

I've yet to to see any standard bike do 9's seen many busa's get 10's

deathrider311271
Friday 3rd January 2014, 15:01

yes it was a proven figure of 1092hp but dont forget with the BMW he had too waite for his turbos too spool up where as the blackbird was already in the powerband, my blackbird would show over 200mph on the clocks altho it wouldnt have been that i know.

Gav is right about the Busa tho it is a quicker bike.

LiamT4
Friday 3rd January 2014, 15:14

No I've not, Have you ever tried launching a 1100bhp car?

Busa's and bmw hp4s are the quickest bikes I've seen on the 1/4mile, late 9s, so the bmw i'm thinking of is comfortably quicker than those.

I've seen a couple of busa's manage under 10 on the 1/4mile, not sure if they were standard, but according to the bike mags they can do it standard.

yes it was a proven figure of 1092hp but dont forget with the BMW he had too waite for his turbos too spool up where as the blackbird was already in the powerband, my blackbird would show over 200mph on the clocks altho it wouldnt have been that i know.

Gav is right about the Busa tho it is a quicker bike.

Ok.
I agree on the bike thing, it should take a bit (lot) more than 700bhp to beat a proper superbike. I've seen vids of the bmw hp4 pasting 600-800bhp cars lol

merc85
Friday 3rd January 2014, 23:48

well ive seen 3 lol

Jim S70R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 11:07
That C70 is pretty dam quick to pull away like that....

Seen plenty of high hundred BHP cars destroy "proper super bikes" don't need to have over a 1000BHP to do it with either!! Ohh yeah and if you haven't got that amount of power easiest way is to add a few corners in the race.....works all the time lol.

Sorry not a massive bike fan, never have been!

LiamT4
Saturday 4th January 2014, 11:50
That C70 is pretty dam quick to pull away like that....

Seen plenty of high hundred BHP cars destroy "proper super bikes" don't need to have over a 1000BHP to do it with either!! Ohh yeah and if you haven't got that amount of power easiest way is to add a few corners in the race.....works all the time lol.

Sorry not a massive bike fan, never have been!

If you want to beat a busa or s1000rr in a straight line then you do need more than 1000bhp. I've watched hundreds of vids now on youtube of different cars/bikes racing and have NEVER seen the busa or bmw lose to a standard car and the only times I have seen them lose is to very highly modded cars.

Here's a good comparison to show just how quick a bike can be, a BMW s1000r (192bhp) vs Bugatti Veyron vitesse (1200bhp). The Veyron just has the edge at the end, probably because the bike has hit its limiter. The only standard car I think could beat either of those bikes on a role is the agera R. I think it would be quicker as I have seen the agera R race the Veyron vitesse (think I posted the vid on here a while back) and it pulls away from the Veyron quicker than the bmw does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOnygO-ZWc

I prefer cars over bikes, but there's no denying how quick bikes are and you have to spend huge amounts of money if you want to go faster.

Jim S70R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 12:19
If you want to beat a busa or s1000rr in a straight line then you do need more than 1000bhp. I've watched hundreds of vids now on youtube of different cars/bikes racing and have NEVER seen the busa or bmw lose to a standard car and the only times I have seen them lose is to very highly modded cars.

Here's a good comparison to show just how quick a bike can be, a BMW s1000r (192bhp) vs Bugatti Veyron vitesse (1200bhp). The Veyron just has the edge at the end, probably because the bike has hit its limiter. The only standard car I think could beat either of those bikes on a role is the agera R. I think it would be quicker as I have seen the agera R race the Veyron vitesse (think I posted the vid on here a while back) and it pulls away from the Veyron quicker than the bmw does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOnygO-ZWc

I prefer cars over bikes, but there's no denying how quick bikes are and you have to spend huge amounts of money if you want to go faster.

Completely agree with you on how quick motor bikes are, I'm not saying that they ain't quick and the fact that a 10 grand bike would eat a half million pound super car in a straight line without fail. But just don't argee with and to be honest pretty dam bored of the motor bike vs car chat, always the same old #### every time!! How about a 500 quid hothatch with just a set of coilovers and poly bushes.....country lane, twisty road most race tracks = bye bye bicycle!!

Not trying to start WW3 with anyone who has or had a motor bike it's just friendly banter.

LiamT4
Saturday 4th January 2014, 12:49
Completely agree with you on how quick motor bikes are, I'm not saying that they ain't quick and the fact that a 10 grand bike would eat a half million pound super car in a straight line without fail. But just don't argee with and to be honest pretty dam bored of the motor bike vs car chat, always the same old #### every time!! How about a 500 quid hothatch with coilovers.....country lane, twisty road most race tracks = bye bye bicycle!!

Not trying to start WW3 with anyone who has or had a motor bike it's just friendly banter.

I can't stand all the car and bike fanboys and i'm not arguing either i'm just going with the facts. Maybe if your unfamiliar with bikes you don't realise how bikes have come on recently because, as long as its dry, the s1000rr would beat most cars on a twisty road or track.

Bike technology has come on massively in the last few years, as the launch of the s1000rr rewrote the rule book on superbikes and now bikes like the bmw hp4, Ducati 1199 Panigale R, the MV Agusta F4RR and Aprilia RSV4 are not just quick in a straight line but also quick on the track. Yes two wheels can't corner as quick or stop quite as fast as four wheels, but they have closed the gap and because they are so quick in a straight line, not many cars can beat them on the track now either. I remember on topgear a while back when the s1000rr raced the ariel atom v8 on the track and it wasn't much slower, and that was against a car designed specifically for the track and that has a power to weight ration that is as high as the bike.

Jim S70R
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:08
I can't stand all the car and bike fanboys and i'm not arguing either i'm just going with the facts. Maybe if your unfamiliar with bikes you don't realise how bikes have come on recently because, as long as its dry, the s1000rr would beat most cars on a twisty road or track.

Bike technology has come on massively in the last few years, as the launch of the s1000rr rewrote the rule book on superbikes and now bikes like the bmw hp4, Ducati 1199 Panigale R, the MV Agusta F4RR and Aprilia RSV4 are not just quick in a straight line but also quick on the track. Yes two wheels can't corner as quick or stop quite as fast as four wheels, but they have closed the gap and because they are so quick in a straight line, not many cars can beat them on the track now either. I remember on topgear a while back when the s1000rr raced the ariel atom v8 on the track and it wasn't much slower, and that was against a car designed specifically for the track and that has a power to weight ration that is as high as the bike.

Fully aware of the current motor bikes and all the tech that goes behind it all and yes it's very impressive, but dressing up like a power ranger and attempting to beat cars that can have passengers, music playing and general all round comfort....no thanks!!

LiamT4
Saturday 4th January 2014, 13:15
Fully aware of the current motor bikes and all the tech that goes behind it all and yes it's very impressive, but dressing up like a power ranger and attempting to beat cars that can have passengers, music playing and general all round comfort....no thanks!!

You don't like bikes and i'm not trying to change your mind, i'm simply pointing out the facts. :B_thumb:

also, you have to dress like a power ranger on a bike because if you didn't, you'd have an even shorter life span lol