PDA

View Full Version : po505 code

t5owners dan
Wednesday 1st January 2014, 19:11
Hi all iv had another issue with my 98 v70 t5 i had high idle and i got the code read and it was a po505 code now after looking though and from wot i can find out po505 is idle system iv checked for vac leaks and refitted a new icv im still getting the code and high idle after the car has bin running for about 10mins now from all the info i can find out no one has found the actual fault that causes it im hoping some one one here could help as the car doesnt feel right to drive so wont be till sorted please if anyone could help would be a big help thank you all

stribo
Wednesday 1st January 2014, 19:19
Copied from another forum:

P0505 = Adaptive Air Idle Trim (Upper/Lower)

Volvo DTC Code EFI-233
Possible source(s)
Upper limit: Clogged air cleaner or air intake. Contact resistance in terminals. Incorrectly adjusted throttle body. Defective idle air control (IAC) valve.

Lower limit: Air leakage. Contact resistance in terminals. Incorrectly adjusted throttle body. Defective idle air control valve.

Fault symptom(s) Idling speed too high or lo

t5owners dan
Wednesday 1st January 2014, 19:27
i was starting to wounder weather it was the map i have on my car as its had so meny issues since the map im not going to say who mapped it but it looks like im going to get it remapped some where else if any one has any recommendation