PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 lambda light and not boosting

charlie-r
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:22
So I've had the 850 for a few months and done loads of miles and had it dyno'd and it pulled REALLY well, was driving up north the other day and as I was driving along I noticed the lambda light popped up on the dash. Then as I was pulling out of a service station I noticed the car wasn't as quick as normal, still pulling but not as much as usual.

Floored it and checked the boost gauge and the car's not boosting above 5psi, but drives perfectly normally below that.

Anybody in the North/South Yorkshire area got a code reader they wouldn't mind me popping round and scanning in exchange for some beer tokens or even cash if you prefer it? Or another solution if anyone has one? I'm guessing MAP sensore or TPS but won't be sure until I plug it in I suppose.

Cheers, Charlie.

shepbomb
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:26
Hi mate, I have volvo fcr which will help you, aldo have a obd reader, what year is ur 850

charlie-r
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:29
Awesome, shoulda said it's a 95 so OBD-I, whereabouts are you bud? :)

MoleT-5R
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:30
So I've had the 850 for a few months and done loads of miles and had it dyno'd and it pulled REALLY well, was driving up north the other day and as I was driving along I noticed the lambda light popped up on the dash. Then as I was pulling out of a service station I noticed the car wasn't as quick as normal, still pulling but not as much as usual.

Floored it and checked the boost gauge and the car's not boosting above 5psi, but drives perfectly normally below that.

Anybody in the North/South Yorkshire area got a code reader they wouldn't mind me popping round and scanning in exchange for some beer tokens or even cash if you prefer it? Or another solution if anyone has one? I'm guessing MAP sensore or TPS but won't be sure until I plug it in I suppose.

Cheers, Charlie.

as you said you really need to plug it in to find out whats up, its obviously gone into limp mode, lambda light came up on mine recently when messing about with the maf swapped ecu's to clear it, someone recently said that ecu only stores a limited amount of information and should it be a one off fault it will clear itself after 5 cold starts.

shepbomb
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:32
Im in donny mate, I normally reside with pete and wayne but my project is taking up so much of my time lol, when are you about

munster732
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:37
Im in donny mate, I normally reside with pete and wayne but my project is taking up so much of my time lol, when are you about

It's my old car Ste, if you get stuck Charlie give me a shout and I'll come upto Sheps as well. No OBD2 plug under that panel tho remember :-)
Wayne

shepbomb
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:40
Good to see u got it working dude, you making an appearance tomorrow

merc85
Friday 27th December 2013, 12:57
Awesome, shoulda said it's a 95 so OBD-I, whereabouts are you bud? :)

obd 1 has its own code reader, by the ecu box. Plug the fly lead into A3 port press the button for 1 second then count the flashes, that will be your code

munster732
Friday 27th December 2013, 13:21
Have a gander at this Charlie, its what I used when I had an ABS light on once.
Hope it helps, if not pop up if ur close by, be good to see the Grandad-mobile again :smile:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/read-codes-volvo-850

charlie-r
Friday 27th December 2013, 13:51
Cool stuff cheers lads, I'll be back in Donny tonight but won't bother you on a friday night, I'll be about tomorrow until wednesday so whenever's easiest really? :) Thanks!

Car's been running wicked so far cheers Wayne!

t5 pete
Friday 27th December 2013, 14:08
Vacume hose or intercooler system leak