PDA

View Full Version : S40 Daytime Driving Lights

TURBO4NI
Tuesday 1st November 2005, 18:47
Does anyone know if you can switch off the daytime driving lights on my 99 S40 T4 and if so how?

Cheers

John

S40xs
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 17:37
Try this......

Put the lights in the ON position.

Hold the brights lever thing on/back, and turn the light back to off/daytime lights.

All of the exterior lights should be off.

TURBO4NI
Friday 4th November 2005, 00:32
Will try in the morning but think I've tried that before and it didn't work. I'll let you know as soon as

Cheers

TURBO4NI
Sunday 13th November 2005, 14:45
Tried as you said. Doesn't work. I must have the model that you cant switch the lights off without cutting the wires..

Engineer
Sunday 13th November 2005, 14:54
My 2000my works as follows: Turn ign. on or engine running, make sure lights switch in off position, pull left stalk towards you and hold, turn lights switch fully on, then turn fully off, let go of stalk. Lights and switch warning light should now be off.

oddle
Sunday 13th November 2005, 16:30
dunno about the s40 but my s60's daytime lights arn't on and i always thought that the previous owner had done something like the above but when checking the fuse box for something the other day i found that someone has simply removed the two fuses for the daytime lights!

so you could try checking if the 40's got daytime light fuses.

BigJC
Monday 14th November 2005, 21:26
Do any of the above work with S70's?

Andy
Monday 14th November 2005, 21:47
Do any of the above work with S70's?

In short, No.

On S70's you have a small grub screw on the lights on switch panel....

Fiddle with that and bingo, your lights should be gone.

TURBO4NI
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 03:44
None of this seems to work on the S40 anyway... Have tried all the movin stalks and switch about gubbins.. Have yet to try taking fuse out if there is one.. I suspect the there is just a fuse for the main beam, dipped and sides but no separate for the daytime lights/dipped...

TURBO4NI
Wednesday 23rd November 2005, 20:00
As suspected. Just one fuse. Is there any other option or is it cut wires time and if I do this does it have an effect on the car or electrics??

:wtf:

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 21:35
im thinking there is an another option, but its not cheap. the headlamp switch does have different options listed, with and without day light running lamps, so im led to believe that a possible way of doing this could be to get a different switch. these cost around £80 new from dealers, but im not 100% if this will work to be honest?

just in case, the part numbers would be

WITHOUT Front Fog lamps, Daylight Running Lamps OFF = 30858499

WITH Front Foglamps, Daylight Running Lamps OFF = 30858500

(IMPORTANT - check your VIN for the exact model year, these part numbers are only for 1999 models - CLICK HERE FOR HOW TO DO THIS.... (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3876) )

if i think of it monday i will try to find out 100% if this will work, then you could perhaps even scour the scrap yards for the relevant switch pack? :)