PDA

View Full Version : V70r slightly noisy lifter

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:23
Just noticed it yesterday and it aint too bad bit would rather jump on it.

Oil is clean and right level.

Are these hydraulic lifters or is there wiggle room? It only sounds like 1 or 2.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:27
Most likely injectors you talking about wich is normal and when switches to lpg goes quiet.

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:29
Didn't sound like a ticking mate. No biggy, just be nice to sort.

merc85
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:35
they are hydraulic, you cant adjust them.

T5frankie
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:38
probably a bent rod lol

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:39
they are hydraulic, you cant adjust them.

I'll try some magic potion then! lol

merc85
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:40
I'll try some magic potion then! lol

id give it another oil and filter change ;)

Harvey
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:44
Or this .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_20 3145_langId_-1_categoryId_255221

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:45
id give it another oil and filter change ;)

Oil is spotless mate. Like new as is I suspect. Ta anyway.

Frankie, the only bent rod around here sings, 'I am sailing!'

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:46
Or this .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_20 3145_langId_-1_categoryId_255221

That was the magic potion I meant lol. Ta.

merc85
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:47
All that stuff is gonna do is thicken the oil up, as suggested give it a Oil and filter change with a decent 10w40

T5frankie
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:48
All that stuff is gonna do is thicken the oil up, as suggested give it a Oil and filter change with a decent 10w40

that stuff is like treacle

merc85
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:52
that stuff is like treacle

yeah ive used similar on one of my merc's wen the miles got up. I find the Volvo engines tap wen the oil gets broken down, or the incorrect oil has been used.

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 16:53

Oil is new, very clean and looks fully synthetic. The Wynnes that I used on another car was equally as thin. I know the old stuff was like jelly, however.

oblark
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:02
yeah ive used similar on one of my merc's wen the miles got up. I find the Volvo engines tap wen the oil gets broken down, or the incorrect oil has been used.

And then go for good long run to warm the engine up.

merc85
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:22
Oil is new, very clean and looks fully synthetic. The Wynnes that I used on another car was equally as thin. I know the old stuff was like jelly, however.

shouldn't be fully synthetic, 10w40 semi especially in a higher mileage car, if its fully id say its to thin imho

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:24
shouldn't be fully synthetic, 10w40 semi especially in a higher mileage car, if its fully id say its to thin imho

I'm just guessing as didn't change it mate, Kingsford would know. All I know is it's the cleanest oil I have seen in an engine lol.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:33

It is 10w40 semi,the same brand oil I used on all my R`s I`ve ever had and is Quantum.Oil was changed about 2,5k ago,running on LPG keeps oil cleaner than on petrol.You haven`t played with that mbc I gave you have you?

T5frankie
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:37
It is 10w40 semi,the same brand oil I used on all my R`s I`ve ever had and is Quantum.Oil was changed about 2,5k ago,running on LPG keeps oil cleaner than on petrol.You haven`t played with that mbc I gave you have you?

thats what he has done lol

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:40

Still in glove box mate, I dubious about having the self-control once fitted and screwing rods lol. It's no biggy, ever so slight, def no injectors so really not concerned. Just thought would throw it out there in hope of easy fix.

The oil is incredibly clean. You clearly really looked after it mate. Hard to tell if air filter would benefit from change. Got set plugs and LPG filter. Getting a recirc valve off V70Graham as the chattering sets my teeth on edge.

The car is in good hands mate, no worries. Vacced it out and put mats in washing machine yest and looking mint!

Well-chuffed with it.

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 17:40
thats what he has done lol

Speak for yerself bad-boy! lol

Kingsford G
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 20:08
Still in glove box mate, I dubious about having the self-control once fitted and screwing rods lol. It's no biggy, ever so slight, def no injectors so really not concerned. Just thought would throw it out there in hope of easy fix.

The oil is incredibly clean. You clearly really looked after it mate. Hard to tell if air filter would benefit from change. Got set plugs and LPG filter. Getting a recirc valve off V70Graham as the chattering sets my teeth on edge.

The car is in good hands mate, no worries. Vacced it out and put mats in washing machine yest and looking mint!

Well-chuffed with it.
Well done mate.Have you tried taking the drive belt of to see if the noise is there?If not give it a go,could be one of the ancillaries.

bongodave
Tuesday 24th December 2013, 20:15
Well done mate.Have you tried taking the drive belt of to see if the noise is there?If not give it a go,could be one of the ancillaries.

I'll have a look, but 98% sure it cam follower. Very slight. I know what bearings sound like. As said mate, no crisis, I just being a fussy bugga! lol

I'll get me big screwdriver stethoscpoe in action later.