PDA

View Full Version : P2 alarm issue

Kingsford G
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:17
Anyone on here repaired an alarm going off issue without buying a new service kit?Need some help before my neighbours start hating me.

M-R-P
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:26
Sadly mate, it's normal for these.
The best way round it is to disconnect the siren module.

try turning off the interior sensors. Next to the dtsc button theres a button that has a picture on it that looks as if it does something with the interior lights but it infact turns turns the mass movement and cardoid microphones off. hold it for 5 seconds.

stribo
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:38
I don't know if it's the same for P2s, but when the alarm keeps going off on the C70 I lock it with the key rather than the fob, and it's fine.

M-R-P
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:40
I don't know if it's the same for P2s, but when the alarm keeps going off on the C70 I lock it with the key rather than the fob, and it's fine.

Yes, it does work, good idea Steve ;)

Kingsford G
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:48

Thats what I`ve done,strong wind didn`t help it so locked with the key.

stephenevans99
Monday 23rd December 2013, 23:19
I had a couple of false alarms back in October, literally 24 hours before going holiday. I couldn't risk having the alarm going off whilst away for 2 weeks so I left it unlocked lol. I was all set for changing the alarm module on my return but it's been fine since (touching wood). Not sure if I'm on borrowed time or perhaps a good slam of the doors, boot & bonnet cured the issue. Time will tell.