PDA

View Full Version : Mirror tint

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:28
Anyone mirror-tinted their motor?

Seen a pre-cut kit for under 30 squid and got a sample. Like idea as goes behind existing, rear tint and blends better with front windows than black.

Lot of hassle if it gonna look cack tho, hence testing waters.

M-R-P
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:29
Best advice I can give is get someone else to do it.

Right pain in the arse.

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:31
Best advice I can give is get someone else to do it.

Right pain in the arse.

Lol. Agreed but figured if pre-cut and a pro-squeegee bought it may take lot of hassle out.

Gold 'N' Brown
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:30
Personally, I think that mirrored tints on any non commercial vehicle just looks awful and tacky. So my advice is don't do it. Each to their own though.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit much on a silver estate? Would make it look like a van :uglyhamme

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:35
Personally, I think that mirrored tints on any non commercial vehicle just looks awful and tacky. So my advice is don't do it. Each to their own though.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit much on a silver estate? Would make it look like a van :uglyhamme

Hear what you saying and figured same. Just think the black tint looks weird when not carried to front, which, obviously contravenes the 70% light law.

Put some of mirrored behind glass near front, and cos of darkish existing tint it actually looks alright and blends better.

Dunno. Still thinking. It aint blingy and daft like you'd think thanks to 60% rear tint. Will clearly post pics if I do to give you all some banter-ammo! lol

Biff
Monday 23rd December 2013, 21:46
Are you going to get a sunstrip with bongo & mrs bongo written on it?
Don't be tempted dude, only place mirror tints are cool is Paris Dakar. :)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 21:50
Are you going to get a sunstrip with bongo & mrs bongo written on it?
Don't be tempted dude, only place mirror tints are cool is Paris Dakar. :)

Bongo and Sharon! lol

theflyingbrick
Monday 23rd December 2013, 21:53
ive seen many many baaaad examples of the mirror tints which in turn makes it very difficult for me to look at a well done example and appreciate it!! having said that im doing under my bonnet black and pink so what do I know pmsl go for it mate if you think in your minds eye it'll work then go for it ;)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 21:56
ive seen many many baaaad examples of the mirror tints which in turn makes it very difficult for me to look at a well done example and appreciate it!! having said that im doing under my bonnet black and pink so what do I know pmsl go for it mate if you think in your minds eye it'll work then go for it ;)

The darker tint on back de-cheeses it and it does match the front better than dark black.

Under 30 quid and can gauge after one side so nothing ventured n that. lol. Mind you, you seen my FTO? lol

theflyingbrick
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:09
well I say do it im not one for going with the flow so anything different im all over it,and your right,tint one window and see how it looks,but either way post up the pics ;)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 22:21
well I say do it im not one for going with the flow so anything different im all over it,and your right,tint one window and see how it looks,but either way post up the pics ;)

Will do mate for sure. Tested front window and looks ok. Not shiney cos of existing tint.