PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Sparkliing!

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:27
This has to be the easiest thing I done. Kingsford left some nice, R mats in my car that were a sorry state. Just took em out to scrub em, walked past washing machine, squeezed em in with size 10's and they all sparkly and new!

Winner!

stribo
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:43
Never though of putting mats in the washing machine, may have to give it a go when the wife's out. ;)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:45
Never though of putting mats in the washing machine, may have to give it a go when the wife's out. ;)

Hahaha. It is a bit of a bachelor trick for sure!

M-R-P
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:59
I used a carpet washer and my magic pink stuff on Graham's mats and they came up brand new.

There's no way I could get the mats near the washing machine after the incident with the dishwasher and the bonnet catch...

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:00
I used a carpet washer and my magic pink stuff on Graham's mats and they came up brand new.

There's no way I could get the mats near the washing machine after the incident with the dishwasher and the bonnet catch...

Hahahaha!

It's my special, 'bachelor-mod!'

Used dishwasher tabs to clean out cooling system before, Works a treat!

Jamest5r
Monday 23rd December 2013, 18:23
I'm banned after using the dishwasher for my catch tank and inlet mani.....stank of engines after took about 10 empty washes to get rid of the smell lol

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 18:59
I'm banned after using the dishwasher for my catch tank and inlet mani.....stank of engines after took about 10 empty washes to get rid of the smell lol

Hahahaha. Bring on the Jizer!

rikcougar
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:01
Washing machine is a great idea

Dont use a hot wash though!

stribo
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:10
Washing machine is a great idea

Dont use a hot wash though!

No I was thinking of 30 degrees, so fabric softener or no fabric softener? ;)

rikcougar
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:16
No I was thinking of 30 degrees, so fabric softener or no fabric softener? ;)

Depends how gay you are

In your case I would suggest no FS!

oblark
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:18
I put these pistons in the dishwasher......

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u433/oblark/volvo%20850%20t5/Engine%20rebuild%20project/IMAG0933.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/oblark/media/volvo%20850%20t5/Engine%20rebuild%20project/IMAG0933.jpg.html)

.........came out lovely and clean :)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 19:28
Hahahaha. You either single, or got a good misses!

My machine is fekked and only does red-hot wash. The mats were is such a state I doubled the powder and gambled it. One hour on radiator then 20 mins under sofa to flatten out.....

They have come out mint!

Just got head torch out with ext lead and vac, cleaned all car out and re-fitted now.

Well-chuffed as even the pile is like new!