PDA

View Full Version : Fitting greens

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 17:58
I`m planning to fit a set of greens to my P2 t5 with a plan to remap at later stage.The question is will they work well on the stock map well with no overfuelling issues like frankie had?

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 17:58
there really is no point mate

Jamest5r
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 17:59
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

graemewelch
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:01
dont bother your injectors will fuel up to 350 bhp ish.

graemewelch
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:10
when you do get it remaped miss out stage one and go for stg 2. all you require is a 3" downpipe and cat back. nothing else needed and youll be push 340 bhp

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:20
when you do get it remaped miss out stage one and go for stg 2. all you require is a 3" downpipe and cat back. nothing else needed and youll be push 340 bhp

At the moment there is a financial barrier to do that otherwise was very tempted by Rnashes system you made for him so its probably going to b a stage 1 for now and stock exhaust,possibly heat wrapped.That should see it over 300bhp hopefully.

AndysR
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:24
No need KG the set up you have now is sufficient and fitting greens will probably make it over fuel ;)

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:27
So I`m best to clean my blues then cos the mpg on the run is only 30mpg,others get around 35-37mpg

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:30
Just wondering what is the idea of fitting greens on V70,S60R`s as they r only 300bhp stock.

M-R-P
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 19:05
if you look obtuse custom tuning stuff on t5d5, they've noted blue injectors hitting 120% duty cycle from some maps. you'll be fine fitting the greens as Tue ME7 will just adapt and sort the fueling within a few minutes.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 21:20
:stupid: - I've run greens on my ME7 - adaption will figure it out after 20 minutes.

theflyingbrick
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 21:43
yeah but is it worth the risk?? I don't think so tbh I think the best thing to do with the greens is to pop them in a jiffy bag and send them down to me :D lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 22:20
yeah but is it worth the risk?? I don't think so tbh I think the best thing to do with the greens is to pop them in a jiffy bag and send them down to me :D lol

I`ll keep it in mind mate.

graemewelch
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 22:28
stick with blues mate. mine was dynoed 311 @ wheel and no fueling issues. theres silly amounts of hear say on forums cause certain people dont like certain tuners maps. its that simple. id say at least 90% of the people spreading this crap havnt even owened a facelift t5 so what the hell do the know. it must me correct cause bla bla said. me personly i take most stuff i read with a pinch of salt thats said on forums. 99% of it is repeated from what some one else posted and whos to say that was genuine. ive had 3 different tunes on my car and i can happily tell you via pm what i thought of them but i wont add fuel to the hear say on here. if you look at what my car has produced then you can t argue with what im saying

merc85
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 22:54
Stop being a pussie kg, just get it mapped lol

claymore
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 23:01
stick with blues mate. mine was dynoed 311 @ wheel and no fueling issues. theres silly amounts of hear say on forums cause certain people dont like certain tuners maps. its that simple. id say at least 90% of the people spreading this crap havnt even owened a facelift t5 so what the hell do the know. it must me correct cause bla bla said. me personly i take most stuff i read with a pinch of salt thats said on forums. 99% of it is repeated from what some one else posted and whos to say that was genuine. ive had 3 different tunes on my car and i can happily tell you via pm what i thought of them but i wont add fuel to the hear say on here. if you look at what my car has produced then you can t argue with what im saying

But the whole point of a forum is to share your findings, if you have first hand experience of different tunes, then it would be nice to share.

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 23:02
Stop being a pussie kg, just get it mapped lol

PMSL u git.Every time I try to be faster than you you beat me to it lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 23:04
I have someone local who can do me a map from ECU-tuners,don`t know what it is but will give it a go as the price is right.

graemewelch
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 23:11
But the whole point of a forum is to share your findings, if you have first hand experience of different tunes, then it would be nice to share.

yes of course it is. but lets get back to realitly and not hear say. how many people on hear can say first hand there experience of a phase 2 2.4 t5 remap. i can count the on my right foot and that has a toe missing. what im saying is is listen to the people who have tried it and not those who have read about it. theres plenty of them out who know it all but have experience non of it

Kingsford G
Sunday 22nd December 2013, 23:38
yes of course it is. but lets get back to realitly and not hear say. how many people on hear can say first hand there experience of a phase 2 2.4 t5 remap. i can count the on my right foot and that has a toe missing. what im saying is is listen to the people who have tried it and not those who have read about it. theres plenty of them out who know it all but have experience non of it

I agree,2.4t5 is a very different from pre me7 and me7 2.3 and not many have them on here or have had much personal experience in tuning,only 2 people I know who been kind enough to pm me their experience.Thanx lads.

merc85
Monday 23rd December 2013, 15:00
PMSL u git.Every time I try to be faster than you you beat me to it lol

well im done with tweaking mine lol so rest assured you will have a faster/more powerful car wen you map it :)

JamesT5
Monday 23rd December 2013, 15:21
I always eat my greens..... ;)