PDA

View Full Version : Tuning alternative ......yes its possible.

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 21:56
Ok so where do I start? The 4.3 motronic ecu has a great alternative (turbo tuner).
But I have been using a 4.4 ecu on my volvaxo.......yes it does work and yes I have seen incredible advantages to it.
This is a cost effective way of upgrading your engine parts for free.
The ecu is mappable over obd socket
The ecu allows 3 alternative maps
The ecu also Allows launch control etc etc etc.
No this is not my work,
yes I am following it with great detail and trying to make the most with what I have.
Oh and yes it helps if your good at the odd bit of soldering :)

This is simply a discussion thread to let people know about the other options that are out there.

Hybriduno

M-R-P
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 21:59
How many members are now shifting about in their chairs with anticipation...?

merc85
please do tell ;)

claymore
First question, does the 4.4 esu have to be off a T5, or can any old X70 out of a scrapper work?

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:00
Any 4.4 turbo ecu will work. whether its auto or not.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:01
Where's frankie gone:)

merc85
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:03

Gone to cut up a 4.4 ecu i reckon

rikcougar
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:04
Listening intently since launch control was mentioned :eclipsee_

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:04
its a case of free software. + scrap yard ecu (never use your original for obvious reasons)+ £7 obd cable and your up and running.
I also have a boost sensor in mine so I can log whats going on at all times on my car.
I also have my wideband connected to the ecu and that is logged too! therefore it is easier to see when things are going wrong, and where you can change them and then adjust your map and re-write it.

just about everything as adjustable too. infact im not sure of anything that is not adjustable!

My car has more aggressive timing and the tcv is controlling my boost @19 psi (19.90 to be exact).

t5 pete
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:08
Are these mappable through the obd2 socket and can it have a usb socket for obd1 cars

p fandango
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:10
Listening intently since launch control was mentioned :eclipsee_
i've retrofitted my own launch control, limits the rpm when the clutch is pressed (so also works as full throttle gearchange)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xNpikGs7tA

claymore
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:10
Also are these mappable through the obd2 socket or can it have a usb socket for obd1 cars

Ohh, good question.

t5 pete
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:11
Ohh, good question.

Yep needs a usb for obd1

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:15
with my car , I have an obd2 socket made up that fits directly to the ecu, its very easy to do and I think the best option. its simply a case of 3 wires to the socket from your ecu and a simple switch for writing the map on the ecu. im sure there would be other ways around it but that's just the easiest way in my opinion. here is a couple of pics of my ecu with switch for writing/boost logger/writing to ecu in my livingroom too :P . all done on my worktop in the kitchen and all worked 1st time >< :)

2323623237232382323923240[/ATTACHATTACH=CONFIG]2324223243

leet5r
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:19

probs to get a new engine

deathrider311271
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:20
im not putting a downer on this but that is NOT a ME7 ECU as you claim

claymore
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:22
im not putting a downer on this but that is NOT a ME7 ECU as you claim
No one said it was me7, it's a bosch 4.4

EDIT: Yep Adam did state ME7, but you're right it's not me7, it's x70 pre me7.

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:22
As for launch control there are options :)
rpm to reach.
rpm to drop to
simply set the reach to 3500 rpm
drop to 3300rpm and the launch control will only rev there until there is speed detected from the speed sensor. (tone ring's)

Also there is work going into anti lag too! but that's untested at the moment

craigoodwood
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:23
i wish i understood any of this, i dont.... :(

deathrider311271
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:24
Ok so where do I start? The 4.3 motronic ecu has a great alternative (turbo tuner).
But I have been using a 4.4 ecu out of a me7 engine car on my vovlaxo.......yes it does work and yes I have seen incredible advantages to it.
This is a cost effective way of upgrading your engine parts for free.
The ecu is mappable over obd socket
The ecu allows 3 alternative maps
The ecu also Allows launch control etc etc etc.
No this is not my work,
yes I am following it with great detail and trying to make the most with what I have.
Oh and yes it helps if your good at the odd bit of soldering :)

This is simply a discussion thread to let people know about the other options that are out there.

Hybriduno

i beg too differ sorry colin

t5 pete
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:25
Looking neat it would be nice to have a neater port like usb for connecting to.

claymore
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:26
I'd already edited my post when i went back and read Adams first post

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:28
I was told the ecu was from an me7 when I bought it.......either way its a bosch 4.4 ecu that is fully self mappable.
if you look closley on the pic its written on it me7 ....hence I made that statement. and god forbid I was wrong.

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:32
Looking neat it would be nice to have a neater port like usb for connecting to.

It would be quite easy to alter the socket layout so you could use a usb connection mate :)

I have been following the development for quite some time as a couple of people on here know :)
here's a link to there wiki for those who are interested in it :)
and yes im still new at it but jees im only trying to help people save some ££ and help those that are interested in doing thingd for themselves.

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/M44_Wiki

Hybriduno

deathrider311271
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:35
I was told the ecu was from an me7 when I bought it.......either way its a bosch 4.4 ecu that is fully self mappable.
if you look closley on the pic its written on it me7 ....hence I made that statement. and god forbid I was wrong.

im not saying this is a bad thread, its actually good too see someone try something new, i didnt want people waisting their hard earned cash on a ME7 ECU when i knew for a fact it wasnt.

As i have both the ME7 and motronic 4.4 i will be following this thread closely too see whats acheivable

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:40
Oh and for those "it's an ard ecu" rumors..............no its not.
ard's ecu was a 4.3 bosch and was great to get me going and to push the project forward, but now im at a point where I need to be able to adjust the map myself. as everything on my car changes all the time. and being able to tell the ecu I now have 650cc injectors instead of just putting them in and hoping for the best , in my opinion is win win!

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:41
im not saying this is a bad thread, its actually good too see someone try something new, i didnt want people waisting their hard earned cash on a ME7 ECU when i knew for a fact it wasnt.

As i have both the ME7 and motronic 4.4 i will be following this thread closely too see whats acheivable

No offence taken Deathrider it was a mistake on my behalf! but the things achievable with these ecu's are outstanding!

JamesT5
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:46
"Tuning Alternative", that may have attracted some positive attention from the guitar players amongst us.... :D

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 22:57
Here is a screen shot from my log from before I uprated my injectors........this is on BLUE injectors!!!!

As you can see.....Maf maxed out.....injectors @ 110%!!!!! . . . . . . 18.5 psi . . . . . all at 3990rpm! this is extremely usefull to see whats going on! as a simple mod like my 5 branch has altered everything on this car.

merc85
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 23:00
You must have burnt some petrol lol all that testing ;)

hybriduno
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 23:05
running duty cycles like that on the injectors! I wasn't testing for long :) lol
It's so hard for me to explain, but I have been looking at this for a while, and the difference going to this map/ecu combo is Massive. and being able to change what I want is a huge bonus.
I personally have to be extremely careful as
A: im tearing tyres up faster than I can afford them
B: I have to be very aware that short wheelbase cars that are rwd kick out under boost........HARD
C: im still on standard rod's......... ><

M-R-P
Tuesday 17th December 2013, 23:27
This is fascinating. I'm glad you can just grab an ecu and start tampering with it because the extra load you're putting on the processors in there must be generating quite a bit of heat. Look at the ABS ecu on nearly model of volvo, the DIM on early P2 cars... they're not known for their longevity and heat is a major cause of failure.

I know from benchmarking graphics cards and motherboards that processors can get catastrophically hot very quickly and fans/cooling are needed or things will start melting.

Is there a way of keeping an eye on things while testing? obviously, when the map is set and there's no more testing or logging, it'll run almost as normal (other than the added sensors) but the mapping process must be hitting it pretty hard?

I could of course be talking total arse-nuggets but it's worth a thought.

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 00:27
Fascinating post! I even managed to understand some of it. lol

Question, if you don't mind. I have a V70r 1998 which I believe is obd2 (surprised me). A bloke has offered to chip it for me for £60 and was about to send him my ecu.

If my understanding is right, this involves bridging using wires, not a chip. Is this as effective and what exactly would I need to do to bridge mine? Am guessing an obd2 dongle will need to be purchased and a software upgrade. Where is this software available?

Be a nice project, esp if free, but need reassurance it is do-able and as effective as a chip.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 00:32
Has no one at all been following the M4.4 thread on Volvospeed?

Just me and Hybriduno then :D

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 00:39
Has no one at all been following the M4.4 thread on Volvospeed?

Just me and Hybriduno then :D

Gissa link then!

jamesy12345
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 03:22
Gissa link then!

I was following the thread below attentively until my brain fell out from over use, please continue my struggle (from page 2 ;))

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/159506-tuners-rejoice-free-tuning-for-m44/page-1

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 05:42
probs to get a new engine

You can talk, soon as you done a rod you palmed it off to be broken

Shinsplintz 101
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 07:14
You can talk, soon as you done a rod you palmed it off to be broken
:B_offtopi
Jury is still out on the bent rod.........had the engine checked, seems ok bar some noisy tappets. If I loose a piston i'll let you all know:blowingup

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 07:31
This is fascinating. I'm glad you can just grab an ecu and start tampering with it because the extra load you're putting on the processors in there must be generating quite a bit of heat. Look at the ABS ecu on nearly model of volvo, the DIM on early P2 cars... they're not known for their longevity and heat is a major cause of failure.

I know from benchmarking graphics cards and motherboards that processors can get catastrophically hot very quickly and fans/cooling are needed or things will start melting.

Is there a way of keeping an eye on things while testing? obviously, when the map is set and there's no more testing or logging, it'll run almost as normal (other than the added sensors) but the mapping process must be hitting it pretty hard?

I could of course be talking total arse-nuggets but it's worth a thought.

The ecu is running as normal. you are not mapping "on the fly" simply logging the ecu and then adjusting afterwards :)

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 07:38

Question, if you don't mind. I have a V70r 1998 which I believe is obd2 (surprised me). A bloke has offered to chip it for me for £60 and was about to send him my ecu.

If my understanding is right, this involves bridging using wires, not a chip. Is this as effective and what exactly would I need to do to bridge mine? Am guessing an obd2 dongle will need to be purchased and a software upgrade. Where is this software available?

Be a nice project, esp if free, but need reassurance it is do-able and as effective as a chip.

personally I would buy a scrap yard ecu. £7 cable , and play with the ecu myself ;) a 60 chips sounds like a poor deal anyway

As far as bridging wires goes, the only alteration would be to the A/C side

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 10:25
As Adam says, best to get a spare ecu to play with in case things go tits up.

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:17

There is no need to actually bridge anything in the ecu to get it to do what you need, it's a simple process of writing the file over obd2 socket via the free software . the software is on the link> http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/M44_Wiki

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:37
Presumably this has to be done with a lead and a laptop? Hate to ask the dreaded, aprox bhp increase as it feels common on this austere forum lol........but what bhp u talkin innit? Much the same as a chip?

Lots of questions there to assist in empathising with my exploding noddle!

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:43
Presumably this has to be done with a lead and a laptop? Hate to ask the dreaded, aprox bhp increase as it feels common on this austere forum lol........but what bhp u talkin innit? Much the same as a chip?

Lots of questions there to assist in empathising with my exploding noddle!

yes laptop + obd vagcom lead to write the files, As with anything bhp is always down to the tune/ the upgrades /the state of the engine/etc etc , if anyone says just chipping your car (which to be honest i'll imagine there doing the same as this) will add 60 bhp for instance then in my opinion there lying. everyone's cars are different as are all the parts that make the power.
I have a few files that I have tried and some are extremely different to others ie: torque curve / boost etc etc.

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:49
Ahhh...okeedoke. So this sounds feasible for a first time 0bd2'er who's previous experience is counting flashes on an FTO.

I can get the chip fitted for £60 or sent out and I fit for £50 and no bhp claims have been made tbf. It's £60 I could spend getting the LPG serviced tho so will download and have a look if software is twaat-proof.

claymore
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:56
Ahhh...okeedoke. So this sounds feasible for a first time 0bd2'er who's previous experience is counting flashes on an FTO.

I can get the chip fitted for £60 or sent out and I fit for £50 and no bhp claims have been made tbf. It's £60 I could spend getting the LPG serviced tho so will download and have a look if software is twaat-proof.
Hang on, your car has lpg, be very very very careful what you do, you must map for lpg, if you just map for petrol or put a chip in you will almost certainly melt something.
It might be worth you reading this thread: http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/25381-t5-had-no-compression-in-cylinder-1/

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 17:59
Hang on, your car has lpg, be very very very careful what you do, you must map for lpg, if you just map for petrol or put a chip in you will almost certainly melt something.
It might be worth you reading this thread: http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/25381-t5-had-no-compression-in-cylinder-1/

exactly! be very careful

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 18:00
I have been told the LPG ECU will need to be mapped too. Seems full of pitfalls tho. Does Engine ECU have to map for LPG or simply map Engine ECU then do the lpg to compensate?

My head hurts!

Just read the thread, thanks, and it basically afirms what a couple of you guys on here have said, i.e. leave the right foot for V-Max and conservative for LPG.

It'll be like having a turbo switch on acid! lol

Brett855tdi
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 19:01
Switch back to fuel to put your foot down... lets face it LPG is for miles... not power

You can only run one map at a time... that why you would get less power on gas compared to petrol as i doubt it will be mapped for lpg

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:36
Does nobody remember my thread entitled free 4.4 tuning?
I said about this months ago & I got shot down how I shouldn't go down the tried & tested tuner route....
Thanks for proving me right Adam (and a couple of other people). It was commented that tuner pro was a cowboy program & no way as advanced as turbo tuner.
I was made to feel a bit wet behind the ears to be honest & now you've got the cogs turning again! I know lads who run scoobies & Saab engined cars that use tuner pro. Think a spare ecu, vag com cable & a wide band are needed in the new year.
Happy as a pig in poo I can have a switchable map or 3 I'll take standard, fast & millennium falcon mode please.
That thread is bookmarked & I'm geeking. :)
Cheers mate!!

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:43
I said about this months ago & I got shot down how I shouldn't go down the tried & tested tuner route....
Thanks for proving me right Adam (and a couple of other people). It was commented that tuner pro was a cowboy program & no way as advanced as turbo tuner.
I was made to feel a bit wet behind the ears to be honest & now you've got the cogs turning again! I know lads who run scoobies & Saab engined cars that use tuner pro. Think a spare ecu, vag com cable & a wide band are needed in the new year.
Happy as a pig in poo I can have a switchable map or 3 I'll take standard, fast & millennium falcon mode please.
Cheers mate!!

What's Volkswagon Audi Group gotta do with it?

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:43
Cheers mate!!

who ever said it was cowboy software obviously has no clue. this software has been proven in the tuning world for years, jesus we used to use it on skylines! and yes your right, saab users also use it as saab uses motronic to as far as im aware, and I also know a few people that run it on there Scooby doo's! :D
Chin up biff ;) lets work this ££££ out together

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:44

It's just a generic name of the cable you plug in dude. Search eBay. ;)

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:44

you really must go read the actual wiki thread..........vagcom cable is used to write the maps over to the ecu via obd2 ;)

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:47
who ever said it was cowboy software obviously has no clue. this software has been proven in the tuning world for years, jesus we used to use it on skylines! and yes your right, saab users also use it as saab uses motronic to as far as im aware, and I also know a few people that run it on there Scooby doo's! :D
Chin up biff ;) lets work this ££££ out together
Amen to that brother!! I'll be reading up again as it has come on loads since I last looked!
I will be carrying this out for sure. I really fancy a go at mapping on the open road & my bro in law will drive while I play.
Feel like I've had an early Christmas present. :)

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:49
you cant live map. ;) but you can change and update in seconds ;)
Roll on Friday afternoon! that's when I get to have a little play :)

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:50
you really must go read the actual wiki thread..........vagcom cable is used to write the maps over to the ecu via obd2 ;)

This is what I mean, it wasn't this advanced when I looked at the idea.

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:51
you cant live map. ;) but you can change and update in seconds ;)
Roll on Friday afternoon! that's when I get to have a little play :)

Right, well that's even better then! I'm going for a quick drive love.... Lol

hybriduno
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:53
just need to find someone clever enough to make a daughterboard for the 4.4......then you can live map ;) but then it will prob be as expensive as the turbo tuner ecu lol........maybe I need to look at what other ecu's could work. as we put a 300zx ecu into an r33 gtst and live mapped that.

bongodave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 21:54

I was taking the proverbial lol.

Have started reading article and will finish it after understanding what I have already read.

Biff
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 22:03
just need to find someone clever enough to make a daughterboard for the 4.4......then you can live map ;) but then it will prob be as expensive as the turbo tuner ecu lol........maybe I need to look at what other ecu's could work. as we put a 300zx ecu into an r33 gtst and live mapped that.
I could probably get that info off my geeky Saab tuner, he's a bit eccentric but he knows ecus & the electronics of cars inside out & if he doesn't know he finds out. I'll ask him next time I see him. His Astra mk3 is running 350bhp with a Saab b20 engine using tuner pro & his lock up is a mass of turbos, engines & looms/ecu's. In fact I'll send him that link now. Lol
Live mapping would be nice but reckon someone will cash in on it.
Fancy it DangerousDave? ;)

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 23:52
Moates Ostrich Eprom Emulator works with Tunerpro and live maptracing I think. SimplyVolvo on VS has one (or at least one of the guys on the M4.4thread does). It's a USB emulator so can be updated live.

http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the-new-breed-p-169.html

I could probably get that info off my geeky Saab tuner, he's a bit eccentric but he knows ecus & the electronics of cars inside out & if he doesn't know he finds out. I'll ask him next time I see him. His Astra mk3 is running 350bhp with a Saab b20 engine using tuner pro & his lock up is a mass of turbos, engines & looms/ecu's. In fact I'll send him that link now. Lol
Live mapping would be nice but reckon someone will cash in on it.
Fancy it DangerousDave? http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/images/smilies/wink.png
I keep meaning to burn my chip with Mercuric's rev5 biinary but haven't got round to it yet. Mine has a different ship on the board which uses a lower programming voltage of 5V but the ecu will supply 12V+ which is above my chip's maximum so I have to take it out and put it in my eprom prgorammer which is a ballache if I need to make lots of changes.

I will get round to it someday (have many other projects on the shelf which have the same timeline LOL, like my wireless arduino firework firing system)

artfulflounder
Friday 20th December 2013, 09:36
If you look on 'turbobricks' they've been using tuner pro with great success on lh2.4.

Some good basic info on how to set up with the ostrich and such like.

Might be worth a look.

bongodave
Friday 20th December 2013, 11:27
I find knicker elastic most stimulating!

jamesy12345
Friday 20th December 2013, 11:33
I find knicker elastic most stimulating!

The lack of it is better

bongodave
Friday 20th December 2013, 11:40
Good point!

jamesy12345
Friday 20th December 2013, 11:41
Good point!

chafes when I am wearing jeans though

bongodave
Friday 20th December 2013, 12:01
chafes when I am wearing jeans though

You wear jeans on your head?

hybriduno
Friday 20th December 2013, 18:50
so today I have been running a few tests......it's not brilliant.....for some reason my new injectors won't work correctly although there set up near enough to get started.....I get good tick over afr's but the car just cuts out after a while.
Blues back in and checking the afr's for them I can see that she's ticking over quite rich @ 11.3 to 11.8 . not near 14.7 target.
Also for some reason the fuel pump is not priming and stopping. it just keeps running......some tweaking to be done when I can see whats going on.
On a brighter note im deffo getting an ostrich 2.0 as live mapping is a must with this sort of project.

Biff
Friday 20th December 2013, 19:09
Keep learning dude. I will need your help no doubt!
Trial & error is ok but keep an eye on the afr's. ;)

bongodave
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:06
Alarm clock mechanism with all the bells, then wind it up and go!!! :eclipsee_

claymore
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:10
Alarm clock mechanism with all the bells, then wind it up and go!!! :eclipsee_

I'm very much looking forward to the day you post something sensible, instead of just posting junk on all the threads.

oblark
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:11
I'm very much looking forward to the day you post something sensible, instead of just posting junk on all the threads.

Don`t hold your breath.

bongodave
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:38

Lighten up and read some/most of my other stuff. No need to get narky really is there? No harm has been meant unless humour offends.

Biff
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:47
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/biff_3/6438D897-7FA1-4461-BAEC-D1F489B67556_zpsk4ggvndp.png

MoleT-5R
Friday 20th December 2013, 20:58
Have been stalking this tuning threads for a while now, Is it me or has this self tune stuff just made some massive leap forward or what, in the last month or so. Time the T5-R moved on up to 4.4 motronic as already done by Jamest5r, bold forward thinking step sir, even if you hadn't really thought of all the future tuning options, I'll have to dig though your thread to see how you upgraded to 4.4 mate

hybriduno
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:06
Have been stalking this tuning threads for a while now, Is it me or has this self tune stuff just made some massive leap forward or what, in the last month or so. Time the T5-R moved on up to 4.4 motronic as already done by Jamest5r, bold forward thinking step sir, even if you hadn't really thought of all the future tuning options, I'll have to dig though your thread to see how you upgraded to 4.4 mate

unplug 4.3 ....plug in 4.4. write base file.....start engine......log...tune.

theflyingbrick
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:08
im so convinced by this that I already have a second laptop the cable and a 4.4 ecu on route :D cant wait to play about with the features to say im excited is an understatement........................plus I wanna drive about with a laptop sitting on the passenger seat and pretend im in fast n furious :P

Jamest5r
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:25

Just got Lucky mate lol Adam had done it for a few cars in the usa just think it was the only one he had ready and because I had no ac it could work, tbh I don't notice any differences when tuning I'm not that skilled I just used a base mte map and worked on the fuelling from there never dared touch the ignition map but all that will be done by a pro now anyone that trys this self tuning lark will hit a brick wall at a certain point and realise just take it to an expert with knowledge far greater lol wish I had before its held the development of my car back massively

Biff
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:32
310whp is held back? Lol

claymore
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:34
310whp is held back? Lol
Yep, that should be a 400bhp car

hybriduno
Friday 20th December 2013, 21:47
I have altered my ignition :) and it pulls so much more :)

Dangerous Dave
Friday 20th December 2013, 23:01
I have altered my ignition :) and it pulls so much more :)
Go on then, gis a look at the map :D

Dream3r
Friday 20th December 2013, 23:08
Interesting to see a map sensor retrofitted onto the ECU, LOL.

Loving mecurics work there.

hybriduno
Friday 20th December 2013, 23:34
the boost sensor? if so it's purely for logging the boost , thus to calibrate the fuelling/boost combination

Dream3r
Saturday 21st December 2013, 07:16
Yeah that's what I meant, looks cool :)

jamesy12345
Saturday 21st December 2013, 09:38
I got a VAG-COM cable from eBay, there are FTDI drivers for Windows 7 below...

http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downloads/drivers/

That Wiki site looks like a really good start. Finally we have something like the Saab guys! I was trying to get into DIY tuning with my 480, but the old Jetronic ECU didn't even have an EPROM to fiddle about with when I opened it up :)......for me the ability to have a go yourself was a big reason for getting the S70 with M4.4 management. Assuming my car does have the 285 hp claimed then there is not much more to be had without changing parts and custom mapping can get expensive.

In the data logging (http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging) section of the Wiki site, parameter 27 is the front 02 sensor. I don't have an AFR gauge - I am thinking that this can be used to check how lean or rich the mixture is running at WOT. If so, that is a start at least.....

My car had the white injectors installed (350 cc), now has the blue ones, which should be 395 cc but the fuel pressure is still 3 bar....so effectively they still flow the same as white. So upping the fuel pressure to 3.8 barg should get the Shark up to 320+ hp assuming I can supply enough air to meet 0.81 lambda as in the link below.

http://www.wothrline.com/Cars_engine/HW/fuel_injectors.htm

Maybe not as simple as that?? I am brand new so please put me straight if this is rubbish. That is the plan anyway, I will try and 'obtain' a copy of VOL-FCR while I am on as that will be useful for me and works with the FTDI stuff, so I hear.

charlie-r
Saturday 21st December 2013, 09:57
Say if I wanted to do this on an 850 with obd-i, how would I go about logging and then reloading it with files? Would it be an outnof the car bench job?

Biff
Saturday 21st December 2013, 10:07
Say if I wanted to do this on an 850 with obd-i, how would I go about logging and then reloading it with files? Would it be an outnof the car bench job?
Read the wiki thread or the super long volvo speed thread mate. You can do either.
Personally I'd want it all in the car so you can keep an eye on things while you try.

Biff
Saturday 21st December 2013, 10:07
Yep, that should be a 400bhp car

Get it mapped Jim. :)

hybriduno
Saturday 21st December 2013, 10:42

its very easy to splice into the loom to do the writing to the ecu and logging. the only downfall to writing in car is the voltage needs to be @ +13v so sometimes I need to hook up a battery charger to boost it a little. if your good with solder take a look at my pics. its easy to just fit a switch in there to allow bootmode.

Edit: also when in bootmode the car fans spin up so they need disconnecting to preserve battery power

hybriduno
Saturday 21st December 2013, 10:48
I got a VAG-COM cable from eBay, there are FTDI drivers for Windows 7 below...

http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downloads/drivers/

That Wiki site looks like a really good start. Finally we have something like the Saab guys! I was trying to get into DIY tuning with my 480, but the old Jetronic ECU didn't even have an EPROM to fiddle about with when I opened it up :)......for me the ability to have a go yourself was a big reason for getting the S70 with M4.4 management. Assuming my car does have the 285 hp claimed then there is not much more to be had without changing parts and custom mapping can get expensive.

In the data logging (http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging) section of the Wiki site, parameter 27 is the front 02 sensor. I don't have an AFR gauge - I am thinking that this can be used to check how lean or rich the mixture is running at WOT. If so, that is a start at least.....

My car had the white injectors installed (350 cc), now has the blue ones, which should be 395 cc but the fuel pressure is still 3 bar....so effectively they still flow the same as white. So upping the fuel pressure to 3.8 barg should get the Shark up to 320+ hp assuming I can supply enough air to meet 0.81 lambda as in the link below.

http://www.wothrline.com/Cars_engine/HW/fuel_injectors.htm

Maybe not as simple as that?? I am brand new so please put me straight if this is rubbish. That is the plan anyway, I will try and 'obtain' a copy of VOL-FCR while I am on as that will be useful for me and works with the FTDI stuff, so I hear.

I would never tune without a wideband. its a dangerous game and can end in tears ;) yes the narrowband gives you a little bit of an idea but you can't beat the full picture.

jamesy12345
Saturday 21st December 2013, 10:58
I would never tune without a wideband. its a dangerous game and can end in tears ;) yes the narrowband gives you a little bit of an idea but you can't beat the full picture.

thanks for info, before I try changing anything serious I better get some logging done to see what is happening in there now. I have TME and RICA maps for my car would be nice to compare differences....and then, at some point in the future, increase the fuel and use a larger turbo to match in the event that the existing 16T is too small. At that point as you say probably an AFR gauge is a must before using the Wiki site info to start making changes to mapping.....

The 16T flows 435 CFM, and the 18T can do 485.....at higher revs the 16T is not looking so good......I guess everyone knew that already :)

http://www.widman.biz/English/Calculators/CFM.html

oblark
Saturday 21st December 2013, 11:00
Can I go out and get a v70 t5 ecu and stick it in a 96 850 ?

hybriduno
Saturday 21st December 2013, 11:11

yes any t5 m4.4 ecu will plug into your 850 ;) you will loose air con, but you can get it back ;)

Also the baudrate line is on a different connector , from 4.3 to 4.3 but its not hard to set up a wire in the ecu connector

hybriduno
Saturday 21st December 2013, 11:12
thanks for info, before I try changing anything serious I better get some logging done to see what is happening in there now. I have TME and RICA maps for my car would be nice to compare differences....and then, at some point in the future, increase the fuel and use a larger turbo to match in the event that the existing 16T is too small. At that point as you say probably an AFR gauge is a must before using the Wiki site info to start making changes to mapping.....

The 16T flows 435 CFM, and the 18T can do 485.....at higher revs the 16T is not looking so good......I guess everyone knew that already :)

http://www.widman.biz/English/Calculators/CFM.html

Im running a total custom map on blues/gt28 turbo/2 stage boost/5 branch manifold etc etc and will soon be fitting my 3.5" maf

oblark
Saturday 21st December 2013, 13:58
yes any t5 m4.4 ecu will plug into your 850 ;) you will loose air con, but you can get it back ;)

Also the baudrate line is on a different connector , from 4.3 to 4.3 but its not hard to set up a wire in the ecu connector

I`ve done away with the air con anyway :)

Is it just a case of bridging or moving the wire from terminal 36 to terminal 5 ?

Once the wire has been bridged/moved is it a case of plugging a laptop into the obd2 port and then remapping the ecu ?

Electronics is not one of my strong points so sorry for the daft questions :)

hybriduno
Saturday 21st December 2013, 14:13
all I did was place a connector in the empty hole @B36 and ran it up to the obd socket directly, thinking about it I could have just moved the pin from B5 to B36.
Oh and its not a daft question! and ill help wherever I can ;)........................
just got mine back and checking the logs out. I have some knock correction on the timing so looks like I need a bit more fuel in area's :) but she's pulling like fooook lol

stribo
Sunday 29th December 2013, 22:39
Any more news on this? I have what may be a daft question, is it necessary to fit that switch to the ECU, or can it all be done through the OBDII port without the switch.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 29th December 2013, 22:43
Any more news on this? I have what may be a daft question, is it necessary to fit that switch to the ECU, or can it all be done through the OBDII port without the switch.
You have to provide pin B8 with 12V+ for the ecu to enter bootmode for flashing. There is no wire for this from the obd port so its a case of bodging something together (or putting a wire in from the obd port, but then you still have to put 12V to it which means hacking the obd cable)

I'm currently going through the binary for my T5 ecu to add the bits I want from the hacked binary (just the datalogging I'm after, perhaps the MIL light up on knock event too)

stribo
Sunday 29th December 2013, 22:57
You have to provide pin B8 with 12V+ for the ecu to enter bootmode for flashing. There is no wire for this from the obd port so its a case of bodging something together (or putting a wire in from the obd port, but then you still have to put 12V to it which means hacking the obd cable)

I'm currently going through the binary for my T5 ecu to add the bits I want from the hacked binary (just the datalogging I'm after, perhaps the MIL light up on knock event too)

Oh right, I'm guessing I could just use it for datalogging without the 12V feed to B8.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:02
Oh right, I'm guessing I could just use it for datalogging without the 12V feed to B8.
Yes, the feed to B8 is only for flashing the new binary.

You'd need a laptop with a terminal program to send the code to start datalogging (the M4.4 wiki says to use RealTerm) and use TunerProRT to do the logging (has a digital dash option too)

stribo
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:11
Yeah, I've downloaded all the programs from M4.4 wiki to my laptop.

Biff
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:17
Yeah, I've downloaded all the programs from M4.4 wiki to my laptop.

Your obviously gonna have a go stribo! ;)
Keep us updated with your progress. I will be hopefully carrying this out myself once my car is legal & reliable again. :)

Volvostorm
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:21

No, you can't, I bought Blackbeasts MTE mapped 4.4 ECU, and my car will not run on it, it starts, then cuts out.

So, can this program remove the immobilizer?

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:29
No, you can't, I bought Blackbeasts MTE mapped 4.4 ECU, and my car will not run on it, it starts, then cuts out.

You can flash a non immobilizer binary which will work with your car, but you'd be overwriting the maps on the MTE chip (and it might not work if they changed the chip for a different one)

Volvostorm
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:46
Well, not quite what I wanted, but it will allow me to have tunable 4.4 :)

And just to make it more fun, mines is a pre-OBD car!

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:54
Well, not quite what I wanted, but it will allow me to have tunable 4.4 :)

And just to make it more fun, mines is a pre-OBD car!
You can always retrofit an OBD socket in the car, its only a matter of running a few wires to the ecu connector :D I'm sure someone will have an OBD connector lying around

Volvostorm
Sunday 29th December 2013, 23:59
Does sound like I might be able to use this ECU in the end!

stribo
Monday 30th December 2013, 08:35
Your obviously gonna have a go stribo! ;)
Keep us updated with your progress. I will be hopefully carrying this out myself once my car is legal & reliable again. :)

Yeah, I'll use it for datalogging to start with, then once I've got got a spare ECU I'll have a go at mapping, obviously got a lot of reading up to do.

stribo
Monday 30th December 2013, 10:14

Having slept on this, I've had a thought, if I can get to the back of the OBDII socket, I can solder a switchable 12V to pin 8 of that, save taking the ECU, or OBD plug apart.

960kg
Monday 30th December 2013, 10:46

Just trying to help but it may not apply depending on what motor you have!!

Do what the pics. suggest to make the immob. disabled then the engine will start!

oblark
Monday 30th December 2013, 16:19
I was under the impression it was a case of moving B36 lead to B5 on the ECU plug and then the ECU would work.

I take it is not that easy :(

MoleT-5R
Monday 30th December 2013, 21:28
I was under the impression it was a case of moving B36 lead to B5 on the ECU plug and then the ECU would work.

I take it is not that easy :(

That's the way I read it too, but nobody seems to be confirming this. The other thing I would like to know is, would I be able to read my 4.3 re-map and then flash it onto a 4.4 ecu to use as a base to work from ???

Dangerous Dave
Monday 30th December 2013, 23:05
An M4.4 ecu will plug directly into a 4.3 socket and work (providing the map is an non immobiliser variant). The only thing that won't work is the aircon and for that there is a workaround anyway.

The maps on a 4.3 will not work on a 4.4 (you would have read and transfer some values) as the binaries are different sizes and have lots of differences throughout.

On a M4.4 car:
Pin B36 is the K-Line connection to the ecu which *should* (though you'd need to check, possibly only the x70 range will have this) already be routed through to pin 7 on the OBD socket inside the car. This is the connection used for K-Line ecu communication. It is also used for flashing the new binary.
Pin B5 is another diagnostics connection to the ecu and *should* also be connected inside the car to pin 3 of the OBD socket and used for other communication protocols (I think).

Not sure what the connections are on a M4.3 car with an OBD socket but it is probably worth checking.

You shouldn't have to move any pins really, just apply 12V+ to pin B8 to enable bootmode and send the data in on pin 36.

Hope this makes sense. More info is on the M44 Wiki on the flashing page
http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/ECU_Flashing

stribo
Monday 30th December 2013, 23:30
An M4.4 ecu will plug directly into a 4.3 socket and work (providing the map is an non immobiliser variant). The only thing that won't work is the aircon and for that there is a workaround anyway.

The maps on a 4.3 will not work on a 4.4 (you would have read and transfer some values) as the binaries are different sizes and have lots of differences throughout.

On a M4.4 car:
Pin B36 is the K-Line connection to the ecu which *should* (though you'd need to check, possibly only the x70 range will have this) already be routed through to pin 7 on the OBD socket inside the car. This is the connection used for K-Line ecu communication. It is also used for flashing the new binary.
Pin B5 is another diagnostics connection to the ecu and *should* also be connected inside the car to pin 3 of the OBD socket and used for other communication protocols (I think).

Not sure what the connections are on a M4.3 car with an OBD socket but it is probably worth checking.

You shouldn't have to move any pins really, just apply 12V+ to pin B8 to enable bootmode and send the data in on pin 36.

So what do you think of my idea of getting a 12V feed (although it has to be 13.8V +) to the back of the OBDII socket?

MoleT-5R
Monday 30th December 2013, 23:46

On a M4.4 car:

thanks Dave, I think I'm starting to get my around this excellent thread, as I see it, this is the way forward as it appears that the tuning firms have moved on from this system and we are on are own now.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:00
So what do you think of my idea of getting a 12V feed (although it has to be 13.8V +) to the back of the OBDII socket?
I like it.

So fit a wire from B8 to an unused obd pin. Hack the VAG cable by adding a wire and switch from the power in to the pin which will connect to the B8 on the obd socket.

So when you want to flash a binary, boost the vehicle battery somehow to 13.8V+, plug in the hacked VAG cable switch the switch to enable bootmode and turn on the ignition. Connect via the laptop and flash away. (don' forget to turn off any power sapping accessories i.e. interior lights, etc. and remember to remove the fan relay as it will run when bootmode is enabled)

Then you can switch the cable back to diagnostic mode by turning the switch off.

By the way, make sure you have a spare ecu in case things go wrong.....

It seems there isn't a plug and flash way as yet, there is still some fiddling to do before flashing (upping battery voltage, removing fan relay, etc.). Another way is to make a bench flashing box, so you can remove the ecu, plug it in, flash and reinstall in the car. Someone did make one, found a pic on VS, just made from an ecu box from a Volvo.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/joebass3/photobucket-6059-1350339367159.jpg

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:22
I like it.

So fit a wire from B8 to an unused obd pin. Hack the VAG cable by adding a wire and switch from the power in to the pin which will connect to the B8 on the obd socket.

So when you want to flash a binary, boost the vehicle battery somehow to 13.8V+, plug in the hacked VAG cable switch the switch to enable bootmode and turn on the ignition. Connect via the laptop and flash away. (don' forget to turn off any power sapping accessories i.e. interior lights, etc. and remember to remove the fan relay as it will run when bootmode is enabled)

Then you can switch the cable back to diagnostic mode by turning the switch off.

It seems there isn't a plug and flash way as yet, there is still some fiddling to do before flashing (upping battery voltage, removing fan relay, etc.). Another way is to make a bench flashing box, so you can remove the ecu, plug it in, flash and reinstall in the car. Someone did make one, found a pic on VS, just made from an ecu box from a Volvo.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/joebass3/photobucket-6059-1350339367159.jpg

No, I think you've misunderstood, I'll pull the OBDII socket out, solder a wire which will provide a switchable 12V feed to the back of B8 then replace the OBDII socket to where it was, then plug in my VAG-COM cable, attached to my laptop, switch the 12V supply to B8, then ready for writing. Obviously I realise it'll need 13.8V + but hopefully connecting my battery charger will supply enough power.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:34
No, I think you've misunderstood, I'll pull the OBDII socket out, solder a wire which will provide a switchable 12V feed to the back of B8 then replace the OBDII socket to where it was, then plug in my VAG-COM cable, attached to my laptop, switch the 12V supply to B8, then ready for writing. Obviously I realise it'll need 13.8V + but hopefully connecting my battery charger will supply enough power.
Sorry bud, I have mis-read what you put originally. My apologies.

Pin B8 is on the ecu and not on the OBD socket. There is not a wire that goes from the OBD socket to B8 on the ecu. You would have to install one.

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:40
Sorry bud, I have mis-read what you put originally. My apologies.

Pin B8 is on the ecu and not on the OBD socket. There is not a wire that goes from the OBD socket to B8 on the ecu. You would have to install one.

Bugger, back to the drawing board. So is pin B8 redundant on a standard ECU? i.e. it doesn't connect to anything when the ECU is on the car.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:48
Bugger, back to the drawing board. So is pin B8 redundant on a standard ECU? i.e. it doesn't connect to anything when the ECU is on the car.
Indeed.

As far as I know it is not connected to anything. Its sole purpose is to enable bootmode. I remember reading a Volvo tech article on an ecu upgrade which used a bench device to update the ecu, so they must have designed it to be flashable, hence pin B8's function.

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 00:59
Indeed.

As far as I know it is not connected to anything. Its sole purpose is to enable bootmode. I remember reading a Volvo tech article on an ecu upgrade which used a bench device to update the ecu, so they must have designed it to be flashable, hence pin B8's function.
I'll find a lazy way of doing it, my speciality is lazy. ;)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 01:00
I like it.

this bench unit looks an excellent idea, any link for the lazy ones (me basically and a few others who are lurking silently on the sidelines...lol) please Dave

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 01:06
this bench unit looks an excellent idea, any link for the lazy ones (me basically and a few others who are lurking silently on the sidelines...lol) please Dave
Sorry bud, only found that pic on VS but no supporting info around it, must be somewhere on there though. It will have the same connections as on the Wiki page anyway, just a quicker way of connecting the ecu rather than having to plug individual wires onto it.

Here's another pic
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/joebass3/photobucket-6561-1363711040126_zps397c4c5d.jpg

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 02:23
Sorry bud, only found that pic on VS but no supporting info around it, must be somewhere on there though. It will have the same connections as on the Wiki page anyway, just a quicker way of connecting the ecu rather than having to plug individual wires onto it.

Here's another pic
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/joebass3/photobucket-6561-1363711040126_zps397c4c5d.jpg

got a spare ecu housing here on the donor car, could be time to get the soldering iron out and get constuctive and knock myself one of these up, so I can start my frankenmonster experiments.....

cherry1809
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 10:22
Well, I've been through all pages, and I reckon if I tip my head sideways my brain will dribble out...
If it all means that some people on here will be able to put a custom map on a standard ecu and be able to make the changes without spending a fortune, I'll be happy :)

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 10:56
I spent hours going through all the posts on VS & downloading the software only to find "tunerpro" will not open the downloaded bin files and the xdf files are pages of writing, I'm either doing something wrong or its the wrong files.

I'm I right in thing that you can solder a diode across two pins and that solve the immobiliser problem ?

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 12:41
Really interesting this thread but i do get muddled and am not quite into it myself...

I don`t know what info you all have but i can post up all the Signal Spec`s for every pin on the ECU for 850 4.3 and V70 4.4 just say and i`ll get on with it. At least you can save to your own computer.

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 12:46
Really interesting this thread but i do get muddled and am not quite into it myself...

I don`t know what info you all have but i can post up all the Signal Spec`s for every pin on the ECU for 850 4.3 and V70 4.4 just say and i`ll get on with it. At least you can save to your own computer.

That would be great :)

Electronics is not my thing, , I'm more heavy engineering :)

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 12:58
ok, i`m onto it....be a bit as i have to edit quite a few pages to get rid of crap!

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 13:18
Hope these help?

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 13:21
..........and 4.4

T5frankie
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:15
oh how i wish i understood any of this

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:24

I`m just waiting for the part numbers for the ECU and what software is needed :)

And if any what needs to be done in re-wiring the ECU :)

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:41
I`m just waiting for the part numbers for the ECU and what software is needed :)

And if any what needs to be done in re-wiring the ECU :)

All the software is on the M4.4 wiki., you'll just need a VAG COM cable to connect if yours is OBDII, then some way of getting 13.8 V to pin B8

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:48
I`ve downloaded the software from M4.4 wiki alone with "tunerpro" but tried to download the xdf files :(

So what`s the bosch number for the right ECU ??

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:51
I`ve downloaded the software from M4.4 wiki alone with "tunerpro" but tried to download the xdf files :(

There are quite a few, as any M4.4 fitted to a turbo car will do. Have you downloaded the xdf and bin files?

V70 Graham
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:57

It is interesting.....but not for the faint hearted.

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 15:58
There are quite a few, as any M4.4 fitted to a turbo car will do. Have you downloaded the xdf and bin files?

I`m sent a PM to a guy on ebay who is breaking a 98 v70 t5 so hopefully it`ll be the right ecu

I`ve downloaded the "bin" files but can`t download the xdf files all I can do is open them on line :(

cherry1809
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 16:06
Lol, well that's two of us then!
I'll definitely be need a custom map at some point in the very near future :)

ExternalError
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 16:23
I`m sent a PM to a guy on ebay who is breaking a 98 v70 t5 so hopefully it`ll be the right ecu

I`ve downloaded the "bin" files but can`t download the xdf files all I can do is open them on line :(

right click the link and select save link as that should give you the ability to save the xdf files on your computer, if you having trouble just say and ill grab them and put them in a zip file for you to have

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 16:55

Your Bosch part number will be here depending on what is on the motor....eg: A/C

VOLVO 850 20L 10V CHK:79E6 BOSCH 1010308 LH244 VOLV208VORI 578
VOLVO 850 20L 10V GL S103955407B CHK:3E7A SIEMENS VOLVO~45STD 812
VOLVO 850 20L 20V 6842678 EZ129K 105KW CHK:7574 BOSCH 0227400210 2227355772
VOLVO 850 20L 20V 6842679 105KW LH32 CHK:4942 BOSCH 0280000955 2887253818
VOLVO 850 20L 20V 6842679 105KW LH32 CHK:CF8D BOSCH 0280000955 2887253818
VOLVO 850 20L 20V EZ129K CHK:83B6 BOSCH 0227400179 VOLVO~35STD 2487
VOLVO 850 20L GLT B5204T2 1275553 USA 129KW M43 CHK:3E37 BOSCH 28F5 0261204188 2537355997
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK:D098 BOSCH 0280000956 2287357884 VO850GL1ORI 577
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK:D098 BOSCH B57701 0280000956 2287357884
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK:D0F8 0280000956 VOLVO~44STD 2983
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 125KW LH32 CHK:E4C1 BOSCH B57701 0280000913 2287357817
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K 125KW CHK:F5D9 BOSCH 27C256 0227400212 2227355762
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K CHK:6F2D BOSCH 0227400210 2227355772 VO850AC3ORI 2256
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K CHK:7E8C BOSCH 0227400185 2227355XXX AD185STD 1227
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K CHK:E90C BOSCH 0227400210 2227355772 VO850AC2ORI 1793
VOLVO 850 20L USA 105KW LH32 CHK:CFFF 0280000956 VO850ORI 2984
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1271757 USA 155KW M43 CHK:A6D0 BOSCH 0261200548 1267358229
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1275104 USA 155KW M43 CHK:A6FE BOSCH 0261200548 1267355823
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1275104 USA 155KW M43 CHK:A756 BOSCH 0261200548 1267358638
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1275208 USA 155KW M43 CHK:ADAA BOSCH 0261203962 1267358965
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1275232 USA 155KW M43 CHK:6120 BOSCH 0261204041 2227355899
VOLVO 850 20T B5204T 1275940 USA 155KW M43 CHK:7984 BOSCH 0261203962 2227355651
VOLVO 850 20T-5 B5204FT 1275002 USA 155KW M43 CHK:3D48 BOSCH 0261203850 1267358983
VOLVO 850 20T-5 B5204FT 1275002 USA 155KW M43 CHK:3D48 BOSCH 0261203850 1267358983
VOLVO 850 20T-5 B5204FT 6842205 Italy 155KW M43 CHK:05B4 BOSCH 0261200548 1267358087
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1270241 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B0D BOSCH 28F 0261203072 1267355652
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1271749 USA 166KW M43 CHK:DAE5 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358232
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275003 USA 166KW M43 CHK:5395 BOSCH 0261203851 1267358984
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275004 USA 166KW M43 CHK:59B0 BOSCH 0261203852 1267358985
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275105 USA 166KW M43 CHK:BEEC BOSCH 0261200549 1267358639
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275107 USA 166KW M43 CHK:DAC8 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358640
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842208 USA 166KW M43 CHK:20C4 BOSCH 0261200549 1267358073
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842210 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B43 BOSCH 28F512 0261203071 1267358074
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842210 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B43 BOSCH 28F512 0261203072 1267358074
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 1275388 177KW M43 CHK:8026 BOSCH 0261203628 2227355802
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW M43 CHK:6800 BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 2227355828
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW M43 CHK:683F BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 1267358234
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW TME M43 CHK:7C0F BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 1267358234
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146961 177KW M43 CHK:636B BOSCH 0261203626 2227355827
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146961 177KW M43 CHK:63AA BOSCH 0261203626 1267358233
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275106 177KW USA M43 CHK:C3CE BOSCH 0261203074 2227355825
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275106 177KW USA M43 CHK:C416 BOSCH 0261203074 1267358641
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275678 177KW USA M43 CHK:2E11 BOSC 0261204134 2537355830
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 6842209 177KW USA M43 CHK:32A6 BOSCH 0261203074 1267358075
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 9125332 177KW USA M43 CHK:C5CB BOSCH 0261203074 1267355825
VOLVO 850 23T-R B5234T4 1270544 184KW M43 CHK:26DF BOSCH 28 0261204225 1037355277
VOLVO 850 23T-R B5234T4 1270544 184KW M43 CHK:26DF BOSCH 28F51 0261204225 1037355277
VOLVO 850 25L TDi 103KW MSA157 CHK:0AF9 BOSCH 0281001430 2287355271 VOLVO~46STD 4028
VOLVO 850 25L TDi 103KW MSA157 CHK:4EC9 BOSCH 0281001534 VOLVO~49STD 4029
VOLVO 850 25L TDi 103KW MSA157 CHK:9A77 BOSCH 0281001430 VOLVO~47STD 4027
VOLVO 850 25T B5254LT 1275384 140KW M441 CHK:19D3 BOSCH 0261204305 1037358409
VOLVO 850 S103955403K CHK:1ED4 SIEMENS 28F512 VOLVO~59STD 4463

VOLVO C70/S70/V70 (USA) ME70 CHK:4AFE BOSCH 0261206828 VOLVO~51STD 83
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 (USA) ME70 CHK:B5BA BOSCH 0261206272 1037359462 VOLVO~41STD 1215
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20L 20V B5234HT MAN 132KW ME70 CHK:5FF0 BOSCH 2 0261204559 1037359462
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 1275557 132KW M441 CHK:C780 BOSCH 0261204442 1037358966
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 1275557 132KW M441 CHK:C780 BOSCH 0261204442 1037358966
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 1275558 132KW M441 CHK:CD27 BOSCH 0261204443 1037358967
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 9155746 132KW M441 CHK:C5A6 BOSCH 0261204442 1037357513
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 1275209 166KW M441 CHK:296B BOSCH 0261204446 1037358980
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 1275386 166KW M441 CHK:1B2C BOSCH 0261204444 1037358968
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 9155750 166KW M441 CHK:1968 BOSCH 0261204444 1037357515
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 9155752 166KW M441 CHK:24B4 BOSCH 0261204446 1037357516
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T B5234T3 1275523 176KW (TME) M441 CHK:48B6 BOSCH 0261204450 1037358984
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9125818 176KW M441 CHK:A041 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357756
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM1 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM2 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM3 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM4 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM4 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 176KW M441 CHK:A1EE BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155761 M441 CHK:C6C9 BOSCH 28F0 0261204608 1037357527
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155763 M441 CHK:6F31 BOSCH 28F0 0261204451 1037357521
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155773 176KW M441 CHK:55B4 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357755
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:5CF7 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357518
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:5EDC BOSCH 0261204448 1037357518
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:7037 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357982
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155876 M441 CHK:063F BOSCH 28F0 0261204607 1037357780
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9486121 176KW M441 CHK:4310 BOSCH 0261204449 1037359866
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9486123 176KW M441 CHK:EA19 BOSCH 0261204607 1037359868
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25L B5254S 9202013 DAM1 M441 CHK:65A9 BOSCH 28 0261204570 1037358289
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25L B5254S 9202013 DAM2 121KW M441 CHK:65A9 BOSCH 0261204570 1037358289
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254LT 9490034 140KW CHK:B1F3 BOSCH 0261204609 1037357528
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254LT 9490034 140KW M441 CHK:52B6 BOSCH 0261204609 1037359880
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 1275555 142KW M441 CHK:960E BOSCH 0261204459 1037358991
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 1275560 142KW M441 CHK:B681 BOSCH 0261204457 1037358989
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155779 142KW M441 CHK:A177 BOSCH 0261204456 1037357522
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155779 142KW M441 CHK:A3CB BOSCH 0261204456 1037358988
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:AC56 BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:AE3B BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:BFAD BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155787 142KW M441 CHK:8E24 BOSCH 0261204459 1037357525
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155787 142KW M441 CHK:9009 BOSCH 0261204459 1037357525
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155795 142KW M441 CHK:8E74 BOSCH 0261204765 1037357759
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486103 142KW M441 CHK:4323 BOSCH 0261204456 1037359875
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486105 142KW M441 CHK:4E2C BOSCH 0261204457 1037359876
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486109 142KW M441 CHK:2FEC BOSCH 0261204765 1037359878
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:0A6E BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:7DE2 BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:7E26 BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW M441 CHK:7B46 BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW M441 CHK:7D2B BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW POT M441 CHK:8856 BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T6 9186410 184KW M441 CHK:7C67 BOSCH 0261204606 1037357287
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T6 9486125 184KW M441 CHK:0268 BOSCH 0261204606 1037359872

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 16:57

Yeah, as long as it's not a ME7, you're laughing.

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 16:59
Your Bosch part number will be here depending on what is on the motor....eg: A/C

VOLVO 850 20L GLT B5204T2 1275553 USA 129KW M43 CHK:3E37 BOSCH 28F5 0261204188 2537355997
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK:D098 BOSCH 0280000956 2287357884 VO850GL1ORI 577
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K CHK:6F2D BOSCH 0227400210 2227355772 VO850AC3ORI 2256
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT EZ129K CHK:E90C BOSCH 0227400210 2227355772 VO850AC2ORI 1793
VOLVO 850 20T-5 B5204FT 6842205 Italy 155KW M43 CHK:05B4 BOSCH 0261200548 1267358087
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1270241 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B0D BOSCH 28F 0261203072 1267355652
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1271749 USA 166KW M43 CHK:DAE5 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358232
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275003 USA 166KW M43 CHK:5395 BOSCH 0261203851 1267358984
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275004 USA 166KW M43 CHK:59B0 BOSCH 0261203852 1267358985
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275105 USA 166KW M43 CHK:BEEC BOSCH 0261200549 1267358639
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275107 USA 166KW M43 CHK:DAC8 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358640
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842208 USA 166KW M43 CHK:20C4 BOSCH 0261200549 1267358073
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842210 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B43 BOSCH 28F512 0261203071 1267358074
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 6842210 USA 166KW M43 CHK:4B43 BOSCH 28F512 0261203072 1267358074
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW M43 CHK:6800 BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 2227355828
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW M43 CHK:683F BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 1267358234
VOLVO 850 23T-5 R B5234T 9146960 177KW TME M43 CHK:7C0F BOSCH 28F512 0261203627 1267358234
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275106 177KW USA M43 CHK:C3CE BOSCH 0261203074 2227355825
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275106 177KW USA M43 CHK:C416 BOSCH 0261203074 1267358641
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 1275678 177KW USA M43 CHK:2E11 BOSC 0261204134 2537355830
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 6842209 177KW USA M43 CHK:32A6 BOSCH 0261203074 1267358075
VOLVO 850 23T-5R B5234T 9125332 177KW USA M43 CHK:C5CB BOSCH 0261203074 1267355825
VOLVO 850 23T-R B5234T4 1270544 184KW M43 CHK:26DF BOSCH 28 0261204225 1037355277
VOLVO 850 23T-R B5234T4 1270544 184KW M43 CHK:26DF BOSCH 28F51 0261204225 1037355277
VOLVO 850 25L TDi 103KW MSA157 CHK:0AF9 BOSCH 0281001430 2287355271 VOLVO~46STD 4028

VOLVO C70/S70/V70 (USA) ME70 CHK:B5BA BOSCH 0261206272 1037359462 VOLVO~41STD 1215
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20L 20V B5234HT MAN 132KW ME70 CHK:5FF0 BOSCH 2 0261204559 1037359462
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 1275558 132KW M441 CHK:CD27 BOSCH 0261204443 1037358967
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T2 9155746 132KW M441 CHK:C5A6 BOSCH 0261204442 1037357513
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 1275209 166KW M441 CHK:296B BOSCH 0261204446 1037358980
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 1275386 166KW M441 CHK:1B2C BOSCH 0261204444 1037358968
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 9155750 166KW M441 CHK:1968 BOSCH 0261204444 1037357515
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 20T B5204T3 9155752 166KW M441 CHK:24B4 BOSCH 0261204446 1037357516
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T B5234T3 1275523 176KW (TME) M441 CHK:48B6 BOSCH 0261204450 1037358984
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9125818 176KW M441 CHK:A041 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357756
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM1 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM2 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 DAM3 M441 CHK:A3D3 BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155757 176KW M441 CHK:A1EE BOSCH 0261204449 1037357519
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155761 M441 CHK:C6C9 BOSCH 28F0 0261204608 1037357527
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155763 M441 CHK:6F31 BOSCH 28F0 0261204451 1037357521
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155773 176KW M441 CHK:55B4 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357755
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:5CF7 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357518
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:5EDC BOSCH 0261204448 1037357518
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155801 176KW M441 CHK:7037 BOSCH 0261204448 1037357982
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9155876 M441 CHK:063F BOSCH 28F0 0261204607 1037357780
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9486121 176KW M441 CHK:4310 BOSCH 0261204449 1037359866
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 23T-5 B5234T3 9486123 176KW M441 CHK:EA19 BOSCH 0261204607 1037359868
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25L B5254S 9202013 DAM1 M441 CHK:65A9 BOSCH 28 0261204570 1037358289
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25L B5254S 9202013 DAM2 121KW M441 CHK:65A9 BOSCH 0261204570 1037358289
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254LT 9490034 140KW CHK:B1F3 BOSCH 0261204609 1037357528
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254LT 9490034 140KW M441 CHK:52B6 BOSCH 0261204609 1037359880
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 1275555 142KW M441 CHK:960E BOSCH 0261204459 1037358991
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 1275560 142KW M441 CHK:B681 BOSCH 0261204457 1037358989
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155779 142KW M441 CHK:A177 BOSCH 0261204456 1037357522
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155779 142KW M441 CHK:A3CB BOSCH 0261204456 1037358988
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:AC56 BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:AE3B BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155781 142KW M441 CHK:BFAD BOSCH 0261204457 1037357523
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155787 142KW M441 CHK:8E24 BOSCH 0261204459 1037357525
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155787 142KW M441 CHK:9009 BOSCH 0261204459 1037357525
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9155795 142KW M441 CHK:8E74 BOSCH 0261204765 1037357759
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486103 142KW M441 CHK:4323 BOSCH 0261204456 1037359875
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486105 142KW M441 CHK:4E2C BOSCH 0261204457 1037359876
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T B5254T 9486109 142KW M441 CHK:2FEC BOSCH 0261204765 1037359878
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:0A6E BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:7DE2 BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155775 184KW M441 CHK:7E26 BOSCH 0261204611 1037357530
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW M441 CHK:7B46 BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW M441 CHK:7D2B BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T4 9155777 184KW POT M441 CHK:8856 BOSCH 0261204612 1037357531
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T6 9186410 184KW M441 CHK:7C67 BOSCH 0261204606 1037357287
VOLVO C70/S70/V70 25T-R B5234T6 9486125 184KW M441 CHK:0268 BOSCH 0261204606 1037359872

None of the M4.3 are any good, it has to be a M4.4. SO any of these:

cherry1809
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:15

Just in case anyone missed it...

T5frankie
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:17
our Bosch part number will be here depending on what is on the motor....eg: A/C

VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK098 BOSCH 0280000956 2287357884 VO850GL1ORI 577
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK098 BOSCH B57701 0280000956 2287357884
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK0F8 0280000956 VOLVO~44STD 2983
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1271749 USA 166KW M43 CHKAE5 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358232
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275107 USA 166KW M43 CHKAC8 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358640

Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post

lol

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:22

our Bosch part number will be here depending on what is on the motor....eg: A/C

VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK098 BOSCH 0280000956 2287357884 VO850GL1ORI 577
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK098 BOSCH B57701 0280000956 2287357884
VOLVO 850 20L GLT KAT 105KW LH32 CHK0F8 0280000956 VOLVO~44STD 2983
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1271749 USA 166KW M43 CHKAE5 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358232
VOLVO 850 23T-5 B5234FT 1275107 USA 166KW M43 CHKAC8 BOSCH 0261203072 1267358640

Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post

lol

But you've both included the ones that are no good as well. :slap:

Jamest5r
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:28

Mate to be honest basic mapping ain't hard it looks complicated but once you get into it it's fairly easy..... The skill comes in once you need a pro afr in the exhaust and a det sensor and advanced mapping is beyond most people I see a few wreaked engines coming up lol

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:45
Mate to be honest basic mapping ain't hard it looks complicated but once you get into it it's fairly easy..... The skill comes in once you need a pro afr in the exhaust and a det sensor and advanced mapping is beyond most people I see a few wreaked engines coming up lol

As long as you change things a bit at a time, and then use the datalogger to see the effect, then no damage should occur, however if Frankie got hold of it, and turned everything up to 11, the engine wouldn't last long at all, but would probably expire spectacularly. ;)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:53
As long as you change things a bit at a time, and then use the datalogger to see the effect, then no damage should occur, however if Frankie got hold of it, and turned everything up to 11, the engine wouldn't last long at all, but would probably expire spectacularly. ;)

I think you might find it a bit harder than that mate, just a question where do you plan 4th gear flat out 135mph testing to be done and are you willing to floor it and hope all is ok till you see the log???? I've had a mappable 4.4 in an 850 for over a year and even to get it to where I am I had to hire a rr for an hour to tweak things to be safe

Good luck :)

Nealevo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 17:59
Nope still non the wiser hence why my TT got sold..

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:08
Wow....you guys really make it look difficult and ungrateful in your replys!

I can`t just post some of them ECU`s you have in your motor so i picked out all the 850/V70/C70 ones on my list

You have to do some work yourself i don`t give it all on a plate as i don`t know your motors VIN

It looks complicated but if you spent as much time just simply copying to complain you would see which one`s you may need if on ebay for sale, scrap yard etc.

If you pick the wrong one it won`t work the ancillaries!......as the ECU is not programmed for it.

There maybe only one or two Manual/Auto that is your motor so put down your glass of wine and if your interested then find what you need...... ffs it even gives "R" ECU

If anyone needs help with 940 etc. etc. i have them all as well!

claymore
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:16

I can`t just post some of them ECU`s you have in your motor so i picked out all the 850/V70/C70 ones on my list

You have to do some work yourself i don`t give it all on a plate as i don`t know your motors VIN

It looks complicated but if you spent as much time just simply copying to complain you would see which one`s you may need if on ebay for sale, scrap yard etc.

If you pick the wrong one it won`t work the ancillaries!......as the ECU is not programmed for it.

There maybe only one or two Manual/Auto that is your motor so put down your glass of wine and if your interested then find what you need...... ffs it even gives "R" ECU

Lol, any more posts like that and you'll get a ban :P

oblark
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:21

Ignore them, Thanks for the imformation you`ve posted :B_thumb:

stribo
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:32

I wasn't being ungrateful, just pointing out which ECUs would work. As it happens any one will do, whether it's auto or manual, it just has to be a turbo one.

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:36
Ok, i will help you!

This is my ECU.......

You can see it is V70 and it is 2.3T 5cylinder...B5234T3 engine....with 176KW or 240bhp...Motronic 4.41 Bosch 0 261 204 4448 and so long as i choose 448 it will work all my ancillaries in the motor.

I have the HLM304 map and the replacement ECU had to have ..........448 which it has and no problem. All the other numbers on my ECU are not applicable as in the pic.

Sooooooo........ if you find an ECU which is similar to these.....you will see that they are all 2.3T as 2.0T is NO good and they have a number eg: 0 261 204 450 also i wouldn`t pick out the DAM ones as these maybe DENSO type i don`t know as i am not into doing all this i just have the info to help you sort it!

Once you have found a similar part number in the scrappy then perhaps you can then programme it to suit your motor or map or whatever you want to do......

These are your "R" ones ....note the R B5234T4 or 6 and 184KW or 250bhp

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:39
Lol, any more posts like that and you'll get a ban :P

You can see what an up hill battle i have and i simply just try......perhaps i am too serious!!....i had better loosen up when posting Ha! ha! Lol

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:40
I wasn't being ungrateful, just pointing out which ECUs would work. As it happens any one will do, whether it's auto or manual, it just has to be a turbo one.

I do understand....it looks just a wall of figures until it gets studied then it is simple. Lol

960kg
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 18:57
Yeah, as long as it's not a ME7, you're laughing.

I don`t suppose you do!... as not required for what your doing but if you need the Signal Spec. for the ME7 to compare ....i have that as well!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 19:21
My V70 T5 has A/C and has the 0261204448 ecu.

cherry1809
Tuesday 31st December 2013, 23:07
Don't take my jest the wrong way! I am grateful, I'd just be more grateful if I understood what the the hell you was on about!
i haven't picked up the new car yet, so haven't a clue what code ecu it has.

oblark
Sunday 5th January 2014, 17:11
Can someone confirm that a LPT ecu (BOSCH 0 261 204 609) be ok for this :)

stribo
Sunday 5th January 2014, 17:29
Can someone confirm that a LPT ecu (BOSCH 0 261 204 609) be ok for this :)

If it's a M4.4 it will be.

EDIT Just checked the list, yes it will be fine.

oblark
Sunday 5th January 2014, 17:36
If it's a M4.4 it will be.

EDIT Just checked the list, yes it will be fine.

I checked the list and just wanted to be certain it would be ok :)

stribo
Sunday 5th January 2014, 17:49
Yep, it's a M4.4. from a turbo car, so will be fine.

oblark
Sunday 5th January 2014, 21:31
Yep, it's a M4.4. from a turbo car, so will be fine.

I`ve got a M4.4 ecu on its way :)

Let the fun begin :)

V70 Graham
Sunday 5th January 2014, 21:38
I`ve got a M4.4 ecu on its way :)

Let the fun begin :)

Be careful mate :)

SiGergő
Friday 29th November 2019, 14:16
Hi there!
Anyone knows If I can find a DIY or something liket that to convert an ECU like this?
I have TT ECU but not sure how to wire wideband o2 sensor MAP into ECU.

Any help would be very very welcome!

Kind regards,
Gergő

MoleT-5R
Friday 29th November 2019, 17:27
If you crack open your TT ecu you'll find it contains a Moates Ostrich. ..you should be easily able to re programme it using tunerpro as I understand it. ..dangerous should be along in a bit to confirm this hopefully

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th November 2019, 18:37
Huh.....what.... someone say my name? :D

First things first, is your TT ecu an M4.4 unit?

MoleT-5R
Friday 29th November 2019, 20:16
Huh.....what.... someone say my name? :D

First things first, is your TT ecu an M4.4 unit?

Yep. ..lol